Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
VYTitans

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

Here is the story for the Suspension, which I think is complete crap, because Ray Lewis murdered someone and he wasn't suspended for a season, and if you're going to suspend him for something that hasn't been proved then suspend Vick for his mysterious water bottle, or suspend Merriman for more than 4 games for his steriods. It is just plane crap and I don't think its right.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYTitans View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

Here is the story for the Suspension, which I think is complete crap, because Ray Lewis murdered someone and he wasn't suspended for a season, and if you're going to suspend him for something that hasn't been proved then suspend Vick for his mysterious water bottle, or suspend Merriman for more than 4 games for his steriods. It is just plane crap and I don't think its right.
I think it's reasonable for the NFL to suspend Pacman for an entire season (due to his repeated run-ins with the law). However, I think it's unfair that Chris Henry was suspended only 8 games. I think he should've been suspended for the entire season as well. After all, while Pacman has been questioned numerous times, he's never been arrested (as far as I've heard). Henry has actually been arrested 4-5 times in a year-and-a-half.

IMO, if you suspend Pacman for 16 games (which I think was the right thing to do), you HAVE to suspend Henry for 16 games as well.

Just my $.02...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now I think Chris Houston at 19 is a good idea, seeing as Pac is gone and Nick Harper isn't an elite guy
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddog View Post
Now I think Chris Houston at 19 is a good idea, seeing as Pac is gone and Nick Harper isn't an elite guy
Given that it's a pretty deep CB class this season, I don't think that should be our 1st round concern. After all, while Harper's not a "elite" CB, he's proven that he's capable of being a team's #1 CB in the NFL.

I still think that DE is priority in round 1. Improving our DL will do wonders in improving our secondary (i.e. increased pressure on the QB & tougher against run means that our secondary guys are in coverage for less time).

As I've said before, the Titans are sorta lucky with this year's draft -- in that it's a very deep class in WR & CB and pretty deep at DE (all of which are immediate needs). Thus, it gives them some flexibility on draft-day...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Given that it's a pretty deep CB class this season, I don't think that should be our 1st round concern. After all, while Harper's not a "elite" CB, he's proven that he's capable of being a team's #1 CB in the NFL.

I still think that DE is priority in round 1. Improving our DL will do wonders in improving our secondary (i.e. increased pressure on the QB & tougher against run means that our secondary guys are in coverage for less time).

As I've said before, the Titans are sorta lucky with this year's draft -- in that it's a very deep class in WR & CB and pretty deep at DE (all of which are immediate needs). Thus, it gives them some flexibility on draft-day...
I see your point, but I think Houston would be such a steal at 19 that we should snap him up if possible. If we could then grab Sidney Rice in the second round, that'd be the ideal scenario IMO.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Also, I think the three premier DE's in this year's class--Adams,Anderson, and Carriker, will all be gone by 19.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is bulllshit

pac hasnt been convicted of anything, if they are going to do this, they need to go back and suspend Jamal lewis for dealing coke in college, ray lewis for killing two people, merriman for using steroids(more that 4 games), leonard little for killing a person while being drunk, haynesworth for stomping a dudes face twice during a game(more than 5) and so on

I undrestand him getting suspended for a few games but a year is harsh

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
this is bulllshit

pac hasnt been convicted of anything, if they are going to do this, they need to go back and suspend Jamal lewis for dealing coke in college, ray lewis for killing two people, merriman for using steroids(more that 4 games), leonard little for killing a person while being drunk, haynesworth for stomping a dudes face twice during a game(more than 5) and so on

Just accept the reality of things, which no one can change, and talk about who we take with the 19th pick now.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Pacman gone for the year, but it is the best thing for him IMO.
I still think we go with the best WR or DE in round one, and then look for a CB in round two or three. But back to Pacman Jones, I also beleive that Herny should have ateast should have a year suspension also. I find that messed up, i also know the NFL isn't going to punsih players that had there own run in with the law, but are they going to be this harsh to other players in the future also?? If so than i don't have a promblem with this at all, but if there just using Pacman and Herny as example, then i think this is some BS then.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

If Chris Houston is available with the 19th pick, we have just got to pick him up. His workout numbers are exceptional, and he is coming off a season in which he shut down Jarrett,Bowe, and Meachem. We should pick up the only receiver who did well against him, Sidney Rice, in the second round.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Chris Houston is available with the 19th pick, we have just got to pick him up. His workout numbers are exceptional, and he is coming off a season in which he shut down Jarrett,Bowe, and Meachem. We should pick up the only receiver who did well against him, Sidney Rice, in the second round.
Corner is a huge need, but DE is bigger IMO.I also feel there will be some talented CB and WR in the second and third round this year.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Corner is a huge need, but DE is bigger IMO.I also feel there will be some talented CB and WR in the second and third round this year.
What DE will be worth taking at 19? Anderson, Adams, and Carriker will all be gone. Jarvis Moss is a light possibility, but 19 is a big time reach for him.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
What DE will be worth taking at 19? Anderson, Adams, and Carriker will all be gone. Jarvis Moss is a light possibility, but 19 is a big time reach for him.
One of them might fall, also i wouldn;'t mind trading down and taking Moss toward the end of round one and gaing a second or third round pick.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
this is bulllshit

I applaud Roger Goddell for doing what he did. He has taken one of our top defensive players, but he has swung a big hammer and shown that everyone will be held accountable and that suspensions can be handed out even with no conviction. Good job Goddell, we will miss you Pacman but we hope you come back a better man. As of right now though, the top needs are still DE and WR, and I have a feeling that no top tier DE will be available and Jarvis Moss would not be the answer. I say we go with Robert Meachem or Ted Ginn Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With this news, do you think you guys might go after Asante Samuel in a trade? You still have plenty of cap room I hear. You could probably offer up the 19th spot plus a 3rd rounder for Samuel and the 28th spot. This would be a great way to stay with the Colts, since Asante Samuel gave him trouble last year.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Harper is not really a good #1 corner. He has injury problems, and does not do very well in man to man coverage which is what you guys run. He did pretty good in our Cover 2 scheme. I think your best chance to contend with Indy this year is to possibly either trade for Asante Samuel, or take Chris Houston or Aaron Ross after a possible trade down and then get your WR in Anthony Gonzalez in the 2nd round.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
Harper is not really a good #1 corner. He has injury problems, and does not do very well in man to man coverage which is what you guys run. He did pretty good in our Cover 2 scheme. I think your best chance to contend with Indy this year is to possibly either trade for Asante Samuel, or take Chris Houston or Aaron Ross after a possible trade down and then get your WR in Anthony Gonzalez in the 2nd round.
Yeah, he was in a cover 2 scheme, but he said it himself....Colts didn't run alot of cover 2 this year, primarily ran alot of cover 3, and the corners have pretty much man reponsibilities with what's in front of them there. No one is saying Harper is gonna be a shut down corner....I think everyone knows he isn't. But he's a solid player that can be a quality starter for a couple years.

Btw, schmiddog, I like the idea of getting Houston in rd1 and Rice in rd2. Actually I love Rice in rd 2. Not so much in 1, but if he were available for us in 2, I'd jump all over it. Houston is one of my favorite players in the draft, I was on his bandwagon very very early in the year, I just don't know if it's in our best interest to take a CB in rd 1. If he's BPA, do it, but if a good DL falls, i'd take them instead, or possibly a WR if Houston isn't there. Not a big fan of Aaron Ross, I've never understood what people see in him. Love Revis and Houston though. We have alot of flexibility though, we have the ability to wait on corner until about rd 3 for a guy like Jon Wade, Fred Bennett, Josh Wilson, or maybe even DeAndre Jackson early in day 2 and letting them develop while Harper holds down the fort for a couple years.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
VYTitans

You know I have been noticing this alot lately, but Indianapolis fans have always been hating on Nick Harper. He was always performing, well when not injured, (and Bob Sanders was injured almost all year but no one is jumping all over him) He always gave you interceptions, but you always just sat there and told him it wasn't good enough. But he will be an excellent option for Tennessee and should be a great corner while we hope for Pacman to be back.

But back to the Titans in this draft, we shoudl definitly go WR in the first, DE in the second, and CB in the third.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidney Rice will not be there for us in the second round. He will most certainly be snatched up at the beginning of round 2. However, anything is possible since nobody saw Winston Justice or LenDale White falling to round 2 as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote