Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Leon Hall

Havent seen him discussed on here, probably cause he had been projected a lot further up then us.

But anyways, I have been seeing mocks with him being available from 15-21 lately.

what do you think of him as a player? And would you support trading up 3-4 spots to land him?

Personally, I think hes the only CB worthy of being a first rounder, and if he's available for us at #20, I would definitely take him.

I would also make a trade up for him if we could do it for a 4th rounder or less (most likely, but depends on the board)

what does the rest of you guys think?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Haven't wanted him nor liked him at at point throughout the season. Don't want to touch him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't trade up to get him, but if he falls, the only player I would take over him would be Patrick Willis. I'm very high on him, Revis and Houston.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Houston is my favorite pick here. He does have this boom-or bust factor which could be very risky, but i like him out of all the possible round 1 CB's, but icant really complain too much about ross or revis. Hall wont be there, and i dont like his lack of pure speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Didnt Leon Hall get abused by Ted Ginn?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Chris Houston is my favorite pick here. He does have this boom-or bust factor which could be very risky, but i like him out of all the possible round 1 CB's, but icant really complain too much about ross or revis. Hall wont be there, and i dont like his lack of pure speed
I think he would be a terrible pick for us. Given our track record of being terrible at developing CBs, we shouldnt take that kind of guy. Plus I think he is extremely overrated because of a good combine...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we should take a slow, unimpressive CB who constantly got burned against better WR's? god, no wonder no one pays attention to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so we should take a slow, unimpressive CB who constantly got burned against better WR's? god, no wonder no one pays attention to you
hey scottyboy theres a reason why Hall is a top 15 pick. He had a great college career. He had 2 bad games and your ready to write him off? thats riddiculus.

Hall is a standup guy who hails from Michigan, who has recently produced great NFL CBs such as Ty Law, Charles Woodson, and Marlin Jackson.

And how is Hall slow? He is not slow at all... He was a shutdown corner in college and should have a nice NFL career.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399 View Post
And Dwayne Jarret, who Chris Houston shut down. The only person that Chris Houston was abused by was Sidney Rice. Bowe, Jarret, Meachem, he kept them all under control.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
A lot of people did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I would like to see him fall to the Jets. I don't think that is likely at all however.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I feel the same way about Hall as I do Poslusny. They're going to be solid, yet unspectacular pros who will always be pretty good players, but you need to come away with more than a solid starter with your first round pick. I wouldn't go nuts, but I wouldn't like it either. If we traded up to get him on the other hand, my wall would have a couple of fresh holes in it.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
A lot of people did.
I agree, but a lot of people arent looking to be the 1st CB selected. The microscope intensifies as you move towards the top.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I agree, but a lot of people arent looking to be the 1st CB selected. The microscope intensifies as you move towards the top.
You are full of wisdom. You are very learned.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
You are full of wisdom. You are very learned.
Why thank you sir.....glad years of public school education havent gone to waste