Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers to look at WR Laurent Robinson

i talked about him in another thread , but it looks like the Steelers may be looking at him to solve our "big" WR problems.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_501349.html

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
i talked about him in another thread , but it looks like the Steelers may be looking at him to solve our "big" WR problems.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_501349.html
I'm all for him at 5b, but i'd still like another WR, like Craig Davis/Jason Hill or Steve Smith. A guy to compete immediately and Laurent can take a season on the PS and be our blazer at #4.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'm all for him at 5b, but i'd still like another WR, like Craig Davis/Jason Hill or Steve Smith. A guy to compete immediately and Laurent can take a season on the PS and be our blazer at #4.
its all about craig davis baby. even though you are gonna have to move him up to 3a.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you love those lsu guys dont you
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
you love those lsu guys dont you
yea thats a lot of homerism, but they also do deserve what i give them. i think davis and smith are on the same level it just is cooler to hear LSU and steelers in the same sentence. :D

Old 04-11-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah and i love guys commin outa the SEC over any other conference... especially at receiver
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
its all about craig davis baby. even though you are gonna have to move him up to 3a.
Frankly I like Reggie Way... Jason Hill. He has done nothing to drop from #1 SR. WR to 3rd round. He has great hands, blazing speed, great body control, and is very physical. I'm afraid Craig Davis isn't strong enough as a blocker, but I'm also wondering if he didn't have Bowe/Doucet with him, if he would have done as well. I'm not saying he's not a good player or worth it, but he played with Premier talent at WR... Bowe is a 1st, Davis a 2nd-3rd and Doucet is ranked #1 overall next year.

Thats why I like Hill though. He's a 3rd rounder, has amazing upside, and even though he played at Washington State, he was the lone offensive weapon and was heavily covered and still made plays. Plus at 6'1 204 lbs, he could add another 10-15 lbs and still be a deep explosive threat.

Not to mention he not only has an amazing top gear, but his initial burst was among the best timed this year.. 1.49 10' yd, 2.5 20', 4.32 40'.

Here's some interesting reading:

" To truly appreciate Hill's big-play ability, one has to read further into his statistics. After taking over split end duties, he caught 148 passes in 31 games. Of those receptions, 111 were good for first downs, as he converted 42 third-down plays and one more on fourth down. He made 32 touchdown catches, coming up with critical catches that set up 52 touchdown drives and eight more that resulted in WSU field goals. Of his 148 receptions, 46 gained 20 yards or more. "

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 04-11-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Frankly I like Reggie Way... Jason Hill. He has done nothing to drop from #1 SR. WR to 3rd round. He has great hands, blazing speed, great body control, and is very physical. I'm afraid Craig Davis isn't strong enough as a blocker, but I'm also wondering if he didn't have Bowe/Doucet with him, if he would have done as well. I'm not saying he's not a good player or worth it, but he played with Premier talent at WR... Bowe is a 1st, Davis a 2nd-3rd and Doucet is ranked #1 overall next year.

Thats why I like Hill though. He's a 3rd rounder, has amazing upside, and even though he played at Washington State, he was the lone offensive weapon and was heavily covered and still made plays. Plus at 6'1 204 lbs, he could add another 10-15 lbs and still be a deep explosive threat.

Not to mention he not only has an amazing top gear, but his initial burst was among the best timed this year.. 1.49 10' yd, 2.5 20', 4.32 40'.

Here's some interesting reading:

" To truly appreciate Hill's big-play ability, one has to read further into his statistics. After taking over split end duties, he caught 148 passes in 31 games. Of those receptions, 111 were good for first downs, as he converted 42 third-down plays and one more on fourth down. He made 32 touchdown catches, coming up with critical catches that set up 52 touchdown drives and eight more that resulted in WSU field goals. Of his 148 receptions, 46 gained 20 yards or more. "

good info...that makes me want to take a look at Hill even more now.

good job!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

the only prob. with taking your guys thaey are 1st day picks or a good mid round pick. i understand that you use your top picks on the best players but there is a pos. of getting a steal in the late round. do we really need someone that can come it a start right away, i know Ben wants,needs, and it would help him to have a big WR but does he HAVE to have one right away. with Washington and Holmes proving that they can play would they get much playing time anyway, so why not use the higher pick on some one that is need to help right away and get a WR late that will learn and be able to play in a year or two. just my thoughts

Old 04-12-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

by the way everyone talks about a big WR for the red zone, you can not get much bigger than Heath Miller and you can not get any better hands, so really instead of worrying about a big WR they need to just use Heath more and that would solve a lot of our prob. and not just in the red zone all over the field. do you guys remember how he ran for like 80 yards last year against the Fins(should have been a TD)so he can move also. so really we need to use him more and that would help a lot more.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
by the way everyone talks about a big WR for the red zone, you can not get much bigger than Heath Miller and you can not get any better hands, so really instead of worrying about a big WR they need to just use Heath more and that would solve a lot of our prob. and not just in the red zone all over the field. do you guys remember how he ran for like 80 yards last year against the Fins(should have been a TD)so he can move also. so really we need to use him more and that would help a lot more.
i loved that play. not only because it was big boy heath miller running for 80 yrds but it also showed the difference in speed between a TE and CB. he was getting caught so quick by that miami defender. he left zach thomas in the dust though, that was greatness and i totally agree that we need to use miller more. his rookie yr he was on fire. i don't know what went down.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
that was greatness and i totally agree that we need to use miller more. his rookie yr he was on fire. i don't know what went down.
i know....we use a 1st rd pick on someone that was an all american and was really going to go in the top half of the draft and you get a steal @pick 30(i think) and then you, as the mob says "forgeeet aboutim "(forget about him). i love our coaches and think they do a great job, but there is a couple things they do that puzzle me?

Old 04-12-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

well we got new coaches this year, hopefully these use heathy boy
Old 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I agree that it doesn't make sense to draft a wideout who would be competing against Nate, Cedric and Willie Reid for either the no 3 or 4 spot. If we don't get a true no 1, why waste a draft pick?
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well we got new coaches this year, hopefully these use heathy boy
To be honest i don't think ben sees heath when he is open

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
if that is the case they need to stress to Ben to look for him or make Heath a NO.1 option in some of the plays. i think that would help Ben be more acc., more yards,more TD's, better QB rating, and less INT's because D's will have to beware of Heath if Ben and the coaches will use him, and that will open up even more for Ben and the WR's

Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:

Ben should look for him because when he does find him good things happen and Heath is good about getting open

Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
whys that?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
He dropped 3 TD passes last year as well.

I remember against the Bengals, Raiders and forget the 3rd team.

but after he dropped it, while being wide open, Ben threw an INT.

I'm not looking for a Big WR. I want Jason Hill as a Reggie Wayne #2/#3, and Laurent Robinson as a #4 to compete with Reid/Washington.

Reid is a KR Specialist, has to prove he's worth the #4 spot before being annointed...

Wilson is too expensive for a #4 WR.

Washington Showed Flashes, but if we're running 3/4 WR set, we need some depth as well.

Jason Hill is a solid blocker, Deep threat and reliable WR. Great Routes. Contributes immediately.

Laurent has solid size. Spends a season on the PS and bulks up a bit. Takes Wilson's spot next year.

Don't forget.... Last year we had to go with Walter Young and Sean Morey when Both Wilson/Ward went down.

Then in a few years, Holmes can move to #1, Hill #2, Robinson/Washington/Reid 3/4/5 (Not necessarily in that order), then you draft another guy for depth.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
whys that?
Because Heath is too busy helping Starks Block.