Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i make a pretty mean Oranje Coolata imitation...

its good, ya'll should try it

In a blender, put 8 ice cubes, fill the blender with orange juice until the ice cubes are covered, add a splash of half and half and 2 spoonfuls of sugar...blend it for like a minute, its awesome
JagsFanWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
Quote:
Quote:
well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.

Isnt it the other way around?

Quote:
vikings fan: you gonna keep us posted on how this works out?
Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.
nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.
Huh, I didnt know that.

She has Atkins or something like that, the Pasta and Milkshakes will have to go.
tell her atkins died of a heart attack weighing 300 pounds
Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.

Quote:
Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.
nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.
Huh, I didnt know that.

She has Atkins or something like that, the Pasta and Milkshakes will have to go.
Was Atkins a real person?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Huh, I didnt know that.

Was Atkins a real person?
Dr. Atkins actually did die of a heart attack, or heart complications, while being obese. The Atkins diet is total bull and works on the premice of shocking your body into loosing weight.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Dr. Atkins actually did die of a heart attack, or heart complications, while being obese. The Atkins diet is total bull and works on the premice of shocking your body into loosing weight.
Wow, thats sucks. But her doctor said not to eat any carbs, so no bread, Pasta or Potatoes.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:39 PM    (permalink

Alright people, the time nears as I get ready to go shopping. I have changed the menu:

1st: Bruschetta

2ed: Gazpacho

3ed: Caeser Salad

4th: Lamb Stew

5th: Sliced Fruit

I really wish I could try my hand at some more exotic desserts but I am limited due to my guests diet.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

that really sucks for you. I hate cooking for ppl on atkins as it is so limiting, personally i'm abig carbs cook which is why my meals are almost always extremely filling and why i perfer to serve lunch/early dinner, than regular dinner.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
that really sucks for you. I hate cooking for ppl on atkins as it is so limiting, personally i'm abig carbs cook which is why my meals are almost always extremely filling and why i perfer to serve lunch/early dinner, than regular dinner.
Yeah it is but she has been a long time friend and I am more then willing to bend my menu to suit her needs.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it is but she has been a long time friend and I am more then willing to bend my menu to suit her needs.
that i can understand it's just irritating. I mean if she's a really good friend you should tell her that for her own health the atkins diet is very dangerous.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
dx13579
Rookie

dx13579 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Alright people, the time nears as I get ready to go shopping. I have changed the menu:

I really wish I could try my hand at some more exotic desserts but I am limited due to my guests diet.
What kinda of fruit?
dx13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx13579
Quote:

What kinda of fruit?
i'd imagine sweet melons, grapes and some strawberries.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
dx13579
Rookie

dx13579 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I was asking cuz you could still go exotic with the fruit selection, if you have the money...
dx13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx13579
Quote:

What kinda of fruit?
Im going to see what they have to Publix but I plan on:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
BlackBerries

Maybe some Cantalope but this is already plenty expensive.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

yesterday i stumbled into the greatest sauce ever. I was making an alfredo from a friend's recipe but i decided to get creative and added curry and garlic powder. In the end it was orgasmic. Unfortunately my mom threw away the recipe so i'll have to ask my friend for it again. I mean it even made store bought pasta amazing.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink

I dont like curry a lot but if you find the recipe I might try it.

Tomorrow I will make the stew and gazpacho and let them sit overnight. I will see if I can get some pictures of the stew and soup for you guys. In the meantime:

Custard or fruit pie?

Custard

Fruit

Old 07-23-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink

I make a mean bag of ramen noodles.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Crazy, I didnt think that any on here would like to cook. Ill go with the custard pie. Fruit pies are good, but with the wrong crust it could ruin the pie.
I made a Kahlua Chocalate Bunt cake the other week for a friends Bday, it was ******* amazing.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian
Crazy, I didnt think that any on here would like to cook. Ill go with the custard pie. Fruit pies are good, but with the wrong crust it could ruin the pie.
I made a Kahlua Chocalate Bunt cake the other week for a friends Bday, it was ******* amazing.
Bunt cakes are always great, im still not sure why. But then agian, I love all cake. Id also have to go with custard, my favorite is Key Lime.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Bunt cakes are always great, im still not sure why. But then agian, I love all cake. Id also have to go with custard, my favorite is Key Lime.
I just love the texture of a bunt cake, some cakes are just to light.

Yeah key lime is great. The Hitching Post in Santa Ynez, CA makes an awesome key lime pie, best ive ever had.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just love the texture of a bunt cake, some cakes are just to light.

Yeah key lime is great. The Hitching Post in Santa Ynez, CA makes an awesome key lime pie, best ive ever had.
Living in FL I get a chance to sample some of the better Key Limes in thw country. Coupla good shops in downtown that sell some fantastic pie.

On a side note: My dinner is coming along nicely, the stew and Gazpacho are looking good and tasting better.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

i'm not a very custardy guy but it could fit your meal texturally.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Woah, Im not talking about making it I just like thinking about pie.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
haven't been able to keep up to date to much so upon seeing the question i assumed it was for your meal. THen I go fruit pie everytime. Custards are too fatty for me and i'm not a huge deserts guy.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
haven't been able to keep up to date to much so upon seeing the question i assumed it was for your meal. THen I go fruit pie everytime. Custards are too fatty for me and i'm not a huge deserts guy.
Desserts are awesome, perfect end to a filling meal.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Desserts are awesome, perfect end to a filling meal.
not a sweets guy myself but my whole family is. weird huh.