Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Argument...

I got into an argument with my brother about who's D-Line is better, the Falcon's, or the Viking's, of course, I think both are great, but the Falcon's looks like it's going to be real beast this year, so I decided I would make a thread about it to see what you all think, so, which D-Line is better and why??? I will post the players on the D-Lines below. Also I'm talking about which D-Line is better now, not in the future.

RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi
DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams
DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams
LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, definitely hard DK. Obviously, Minnesota has elite DTs, maybe the best pair in a given defense, especially for that Cover 2. But, with Abraham, Falcons ends have a lot of experience and are really really good. Hmmm, I need to think about this one...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Wow, definitely hard DK. Obviously, Minnesota has elite DTs, maybe the best pair in a given defense, especially for that Cover 2. But, with Abraham, Falcons ends have a lot of experience and are really really good. Hmmm, I need to think about this one...
Jacksonville is the only team I can think of with better DT's, but Rod Coleman at least stacks up against them, Minnesota's ends don't stand a chance against ATL's.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd think Babineaux is going to get a chance at the 2nd starting DT spot this season. I went with the Falcons on this.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm... my view
RE - John Abraham > Kenechi Udeze
UT - Rod Coleman = Kevin Williams
NT - Darryl Shropshire <<< Pat Williams (but Shropshire has potential to make it equal)
LE - Patrick Kerney >>> Erasmus James

Atlanta in a close one.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink

RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi : Abraham
DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams : Williams
DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams : Williams
LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James : Kerney

Its dead even for me.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
hmm... my view
RE - John Abraham > Kenechi Udeze
UT - Rod Coleman = Kevin Williams
NT - Darryl Shropshire <<< Pat Williams (but Shropshire has potential to make it equal)
LE - Patrick Kerney >>> Erasmus James

Atlanta in a close one.
That's how I thought of it too.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
I'd think Babineaux is going to get a chance at the 2nd starting DT spot this season. I went with the Falcons on this.
too bad he won't. our DT's run in a NT-UT setup. Coleman is 285. Babs is 286. thsoe 2 will nto be our starting DT's together. especially since they play the same position. here is how our DL will stack up:

LE - Kerney (70%)/Davis (30%)
UT - Coleman(70%)/Babineaux(30%)
NT - Shropshire(50%)/Lavalais(25%)/Lake(25%)
RE - Abraham(70%)/Davis(15%)/Babineaux(15%)

% is the amount of snaps they will get at that position.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-16-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi : Abraham
DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams : Williams
DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams : Williams
LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James : Kerney

Its dead even for me.
thats how i see it too

but since i still love abe, i might give the edge to ATL
Old 07-16-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Williams is not better than Coleman. Coleman is amazing against the pass and average against the run. where Williams is above average in both. now... the ratings I would give would be this:
Coleman - Pass:10 - Run:6 - OVR:8
Williams - Pass:8 - Run:8 - OVR:8

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
The Vikings have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.
The Vikings have the better DE's but the Vikings have the better DT's??? :?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
The Vikings have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.
The Vikings have the better DE's but the Vikings have the better DT's??? :?
DG is bad typer

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot with good conscience place the immensly talented but inconsistent Kevin Williams over a very very good Coleman. If Kevin Williams can play like 2004 for the rest of his career he is the best DT in the NFL. However, he hasn't proven he can. To be perfectly honest, I think the Viking's line has more talent on its side, but Udeze and James don't blow me away yet.

I'm gonna give this one to the Falcons.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta better outside Vikings better inside.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Atlanta better outside Vikings better inside.
I didn't know we had a caveman on the board.

Also, JBond, I'm not a bad typer, I just think faster than I can type or write. I have a really bad problem when I write, I write the second letter of the word first or and start writing the next word in the middle of the current word if the letters are similar.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-16-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink

Wasn't ATL one of the worst teams against the run last year. John Abraham improves the pass rush really. I don't see how ATL is running away with this, it should be neck and neck at least.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Wasn't ATL one of the worst teams against the run last year. John Abraham improves the pass rush really. I don't see how ATL is running away with this, it should be neck and neck at least.
You can't put that on the DL though, they had LB problems and the safeties were awful. I think Minnesota is better, but ATL DL is very good.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-16-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
yes and the fact that injuries forced us to play 2nd stringers and rookies at LB, RE, NT, MLB, and the horrible play from the safeties. what we did to fix our run defense and it should be a lot better becuase Abraham is here (part of why we are winning the poll) we also got both safeties replace and got Hartwell and Beck back from injuries. we will have a better run defense this year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-16-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rod Coleman - Best in league at disrupting the backfield from the DT spot. He gets double-digit sacks!!!
Kevin Williams - Has been a Top 5 DT in the league but was inconsistent last year.

ATL > MIN (not by much)

NE > Both
Old 07-16-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATL by a hair.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota simply because the Falcons line is strictly pass rushing, horrible against the run.

Plus Minnesota has some nice potential with 3 guys taken in the 1st round the last 4 years.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King
I got into an argument with my brother about who's D-Line is better, the Falcon's, or the Viking's, of course, I think both are great, but the Falcon's looks like it's going to be real beast this year, so I decided I would make a thread about it to see what you all think, so, which D-Line is better and why??? I will post the players on the D-Lines below. Also I'm talking about which D-Line is better now, not in the future.

RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi
DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams
DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams
LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James
It really could go either way.

The Vikings interior line is much better especially against the run and they should open up some things for their ends. James and Udezi are very young players who still have to show their full potential. IF Udezi bounces back with a big year which I think he could and if James comes along and lives up to the hype then the Vikings could be looking at the best D-Line in football.

The Falcons DE's are really good and Coleman is one of the best in football. They are proven players across the board and have fewer question marks with their line. I think ATL has the better of the two, but MIN could be right there in a few years and possibly even better than the Falcons if all goes well with their first round DE's.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Abraham pushes ATL past MINN, but not by much. Vikes should be good against the run, but I anticipate Falcons laying heavy QB pressure with their front four.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Atlanta puts up more sacks.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote