Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Players you would absolutely dread if we stayed put...

If we didn't trade down, who are some players you would hate to see us pick with the 7th overall pick?

1. Leon Hall
2. Reggie Nelson
3. Adam Carrikker
4. Any WR other than CJ
5. Darelle Revis
6. Levi Brown
7. Alan Branch

Last edited by chug o nomics : 04-11-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a player.
chug o nomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn, Levi Brown, Adam Carriker, and maybe Leon Hall.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ted Ginn Jr.
2. Levi Brown
3. Leon Hall
4. Alan Branch
5. Adam Carriker
6. Dwayne Bowe

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A cornerback.

And, I don't really like Gaines Adams. He is too old (24). And he is way too light (in the 250's). He was too reliant on speed and the edge rush in college. I'm not sure how that will translate against athletic NFL OTs. I think he will be a boom or bust type player. And, he is not very good against the run.

Gaines Adams is 3 years older than Jamaal Anderson, yet he was outproduced by Anderson in pretty much every category (sacks, TFLs, tackles). And Anderson had better times in the short shuttle, 3-cone, and 10-yard dash.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i fear us taking Leon Hall, or any reciever outside of CJ, adam carriker, or levi brown(not becuase i dont like him just not worth #7)
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A cornerback.

And, I don't really like Gaines Adams. He is too old (24). And he is way too light (in the 250's). He was too reliant on speed and the edge rush in college. I'm not sure how that will translate against athletic NFL OTs. I think he will be a boom or bust type player. And, he is not very good against the run.

Gaines Adams is 3 years older than Jamaal Anderson, yet he was outproduced by Anderson in pretty much every category (sacks, TFLs, tackles). And Anderson had better times in the short shuttle, 3-cone, and 10-yard dash.
Gaines Adams is coming in this years draft rated (by all draft experts) higher than MARIO WILLIAMS last years #1 overall pick... I'd gladly take him, our CB situation is in a okay condition... adding Leon Hall would solidify that spot, he'd come in and start as our Nickle and challenge Griffiths next season for the other starting spot.

Personally if we drafted:
Ted Ginn
Dwayne Jarrett
Jamel Anderson
Carriker

I'd probably throw my TV out the window.

I think Adrian would be the ideal person to draft.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug o nomics View Post
If we didn't trade down, who are some players you would hate to see us pick with the 7th overall pick?

1. Leon Hall
2. Reggie Nelson
3. Adam Carrikker
4. Any WR other than CJ
5. Darelle Revis
6. Levi Brown
7. Alan Branch
I would laugh my a** of if i saw you guys take Tedd Gin..I'm chuckling right now
"Ahem, With the 7th pick in the 2007 NFL DRAFT, The Minisotia Vikings Select, Ted Gin Jr. WR OHIO STATE"
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo-Vikings Fans
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHA-Packer Fans
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY-Eagle Fans ( If you didn't take Landry that'd be awsome so we have more safteys infront of Griffin

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id be laughing too... if Ginn fell to 26 and the eagles took him :D
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
secondeye

Realistically speaking? (Meaning no way do we throw down a #1 on a 3rd string WR like Ginn for punt returns and give him 8 million a year)

1. Jamaal Anderson
2. Gaines Adams

It takes a pretty special DE to warrant a top 10 pick in my book. You have to be sure that they bring something to the table other than numbers in college. Guys like Shawn Merriman and Julius Peppers, I loved as DE potentials. (I know Merriman plays LB, but he was a tweener.)

I don't know that I've seen enough from either of these guys to see that they'll be difference makers in the NFL. We've spent high picks on Udeze and James and can mix in a free agent without having to dip into the well again. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT THEY WON'T BE VERY GOOD PLAYERS! and I do withhold judgment on all #1 picks, but I wouldn't be thrilled with either of them, even if it would be surprising to see Adams available. I just feel it somewhat sets us back as we've already spent picks on DE.

3. Brady Quinn - Resident fanboy Quinn-lover Severe Punishment obviously disagrees with me here, but I don't see how you justify throwing away Tarvaris Jackson after trading up in the 2nd round to reach for him, and one year later wasting a potentially franchise altering top 10 draft pick, to take a guy that, unwarranted or not, has slid down draft boards faster than a sack of White Castle burgers on a Saturday night after-bar. I actually like Quinn, but I don't want him in purple. I like Russell more, and I still don't want him either.

#4. Laron Landry. I really like Landry, but I don't like him at #7. I'm viewing this draft as a pick that will elevate the Vikings in 2007, and then some in the near future. Not a guy that will sit on a bench and eventully, hopefully, take over for some vets. If we're going after depth or a future replacement, then I like guys like Alan Branch and Adrian Peterson.. Not a safety.

I guess it doesn't really leave a lot for us after all that, but it's long been my belief that anything less than Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas, which obviously requires a trade, and we'd be better off trading down for the cash-reward and anything else we can get.

That's not to say that I won't be eventually be feeling good about any of the above players mentioned taken at #7, but I won't feel as satisfied.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
i fear us taking Leon Hall, or any reciever outside of CJ, adam carriker, or levi brown(not becuase i dont like him just not worth #7)
QFT, I forgot about Hall. I'd really hate the Hall pick. That guy was destroyed y big competition, and his strong combine numbers wouldn't make me feel any better.

He may be an eventual pro-bowler, but when you get DONE like he did against Jarrett on national TV, in a huge game, then I don't see how I could feel good about it.

Fred Smoot got worked like that in a game against Carolina and he didn't live it down in two years.