Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter will have a rebuilt OL and a nice set of WRs to throw to, when he's ready.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Rivers. He has a great supporting cast, he has other-worldy intangibles.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best two are easily Cutler and Rivers. Between them its tough but I said Rivers since he had less votes.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well since I'm a Raiders fan I'll say Walter but if I had to pick out of the other 3 I'll say Cutler
Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I'm surprised at all the Jay Cutler support. I've said for months now that he is Boller round 2. I went with a player that I believe will not only have a great year this season but, also eventually be an annual pro-bowler, Philip Rivers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
Cutler, by far.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's between Walter and Rivers for me. Personal reasons lean me to Walter, but in the end I have to give the edge to Rivers
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
dukies9101
Rookie

dukies9101 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm going to be a homer and pick brodie croyle. he shouldn't have to play for a while but i think he will be a good quarterback when he finnally does play

Big 12 North Champions: Mizzou
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCshutEmDown
The only thing that will stop LJ is the endzone.
dukies9101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Wow, I'm surprised at all the Jay Cutler support. I've said for months now that he is Boller round 2. I went with a player that I believe will not only have a great year this season but, also eventually be an annual pro-bowler, Philip Rivers.
:? And and like 50 other misinformed people.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink

Phillip Rivers
Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people will say Cutler because we love the draft. But, I think SD will build around Rivers for now and turn him into a solid QB. That being said, I like Walter a lot...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
:? And and like 50 other misinformed people.
I was one of the first, if not the first to compare him to Kyle Boller in my the Real Jay Cutler thread back in the day. I've done my homework on the subject and I'm sticking to the comparison. I respect others opinions on him but, I believe he will be a highly inconsistant and non-successful QB in the league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers>Cutler>Croyle>Walter
Old 07-25-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I went with Cutler because I didn't pay attention too heavy back when Rivers was in college so all i can go off on is what i've seen from him the last few years. Cutler is in a good situation because he can sit behind Jake, and he's in a perfect offense for him.

I wasn't a Croyle fan when he came out of college last year, and i'm still not a huge fan. I don't know if he can lead a team, and stay healthy long enough to be a leader.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
I went with Cutler because I didn't pay attention too heavy back when Rivers was in college so all i can go off on is what i've seen from him the last few years. Cutler is in a good situation because he can sit behind Jake, and he's in a perfect offense for him.

I wasn't a Croyle fan when he came out of college last year, and i'm still not a huge fan. I don't know if he can lead a team, and stay healthy long enough to be a leader.
Well i think Croyle will get much better under a great line. In Alabama he was sacked so much. Against Auburn he got sacked over and over.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:

Well i think Croyle will get much better under a great line. In Alabama he was sacked so much. Against Auburn he got sacked over and over.
I watched alot of Alabama last year, and I just don't see him leading a team to victory.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I watched alot of Alabama last year, and I just don't see him leading a team to victory.
Was this after he lost Prothro? Before that Alabama was a NC calibur team.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was this after he lost Prothro? Before that Alabama was a NC calibur team.
The first game I saw of them was when he got injured. He would've made that team alot better, but that just proves my point even more that he can't lead a team. He had good WR's other than prothro. He had a good one is D.J. Brown I think it was.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted for Brodie Croyle basically becuz im a chiefs fan and I want to see it happen. Croyle has mediocre leadership as a quarterback and sitting behind Trent Green will help him out with that. But.... With Green's career winding down Croyle wont have as much time to develop his skills as someone like persay Jay Cutler would.

So basically what im saying is

Croyle-will be on field quicker but might take some time to develop NFL skills

Cutler-Will see playing time later which might help him harness more NFL skills.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Green has not missed a game since playing for the Chiefs unless we lose a player or two on the line i don't think that will change. I know Green does not look like it but he is pretty tuff he can take a hit.
Ah yeah. What does he get hit.. Once a game? With that line it's like standing behind a wall.

And Rivers has 30 attempts. He's ahead of everyone listed in this thread, but I don't think he was worth that pick. He was good late in the season, but his throwing motion is awkward.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
As of now Croyle has looked great in OTA's and Cutler not so much Croyle has hell of alot better chance to be in camp on time which will help him and there is no way he will get any playing time this year he can just sit and watch Green. Cutler won't see the field either unless JP was to go down but if he misses the start of camp it could hurt him you have to be there if your a QB.
where in the hell did you get that? KC Homer news? what garbage. all denver reports are that he's looked great.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

also, rivers.

but that's not to say that anyone who compares boller and cutler has the faintest clue what they're talking about. i don't actually remember cutler having his reads dumbed down in any way. nor do i remember him throwing from one knee to "prove" his arm strength.

whether you like him or not, that's a piss poor comparison.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Croyle. He's got good physical tools, but as mentioned, he struggled mightily without prothro. However, it wasn't really all his fault, that whole offense sucked. Cutler is also great physically. Can he pull it all together at the NFL level? He's on a team that went to the AFCC the previous season. Something that he didn't have at Vanderbilt: Talent. I think Cutler can be good, but realistically, I expect growing pains with him.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Rivers. I don't have any doubts about him. He dominated college, spent two years watching and learning, had an excellent offseason and isn't much different of a QB than Brees. Both are good team leaders with good accuracy, but lack arm strength. I expect a lot of dump offs to LT and more passes intended for Gates. I expect 2800-3200 yards, >20 TDs, but no more than 14 INTs with a 58-61 completion percentage.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote