Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Immaculate Tackle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When I need an important kick at the end of a game, I know who I'll choose...

Mike Vanderjagt. That's right.

if I'm on the other team
Immaculate Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Immaculate Tackle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
additionally, i would take vanderjagt in a second during the regular season. i find it funny that people think vinatieri is so clutch... i mean, the kick against oakland was amazing, but what other difficult "clutch" kicks has he really made?
Do you watch the Superbowl or what?
Immaculate Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate Tackle
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
additionally, i would take vanderjagt in a second during the regular season. i find it funny that people think vinatieri is so clutch... i mean, the kick against oakland was amazing, but what other difficult "clutch" kicks has he really made?
Do you watch the Superbowl or what?
The one against the titans in the playoffs,the one against the rams in the super bowl, and one against the panthers in the super bowl. Also like u said the oakland one.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink

Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink

the ppl who voted for vanderjagt must be the cowboys fans
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Ya i think that is a given :roll:

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:
Your probably right, there are a lot of homers on here but, i didnt vote for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or they could be looking at stats.

Vanderjagt and Vinatieri had the same amount of attempts last year, 25. Vanderjagt made 92% of them while Vinatieri made 80%. Vinatieri also missed an extra point.

Vanderjagt is a better field goal kicker. If it wasn't for the miss against the Steelers he wouldn't be regarded as badly as he is.

I think Vinatieri is overrated. All of the clutch kicks he made weren't from hard distances. Most kickers in his situation would have made the same kicks. He just gets more opportunities to be the 'hero' than anyone else.

But with all that said, if I had to pick a kicker, I take Vinatieri because he does kickoffs and is still a reliable kicker.

But we all know the best kicker is Neil Rackers.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? worth.
Because this is the NFLDC board, and Vanderjagt is a Dallas Cowboy....pretty obvious that this poll is an excuse to hammer the Cowboy. :D
Old 07-25-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that as of now 9 people have voted for Vanderjagt is just unreal.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:
Your probably right, there are a lot of homers on here but, i didnt vote for him.
Me neither... thet makes me mad. Homers like that give us Cowboys fans a bad name.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
But we all know the best kicker is Neil Rackers.
Not this year. we're going for 7 not 3.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Because this is the NFLDC board, and Vanderjagt is a Dallas Cowboy....pretty obvious that this poll is an excuse to hammer the Cowboy. :D
no not really. theres no doubt Vanderjagt is a great kicker but its completely idiotic to say hes better than Vinatieri. If he was still a colt, the results would be the same.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
no not really. theres no doubt Vanderjagt is a great kicker but its completely idiotic to say hes better than Vinatieri. If he was still a colt, the results would be the same.
I dont see how you can say it is idiotic, if you take the "clutch" aspect out of the equation, Vandy is the better kicker. Vandejagt is more accurate from every distance on the field and his KO average is only 2 yards less than Vinatieri.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont see how you can say it is idiotic, if you take the "clutch" aspect out of the equation, Vandy is the better kicker. Vandejagt is more accurate from every distance on the field and his KO average is only 2 yards less than Vinatieri.
vanderjagt played at least half his games in a dome and Vinatieri played in New England. Vinatieri will have for sure the best numbers in the NFL b/c of the huge improvement of conditions
Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
vanderjagt played at least half his games in a dome and Vinatieri played in New England. Vinatieri will have for sure the best numbers in the NFL b/c of the huge improvement of conditions
Well, will still have to see on that one. We dont know how well Vandy will do in the non-domed Texas Stadium. He may be just as good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
scorchin

Vinatieri, he kicks outside. It's not that hard to be good, when you kick inside most of your career.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, will still have to see on that one. We dont know how well Vandy will do in the non-domed Texas Stadium. He may be just as good.
non domed?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
non domed?
You cant really consider it an actually dome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Clutch: Vinatieri
Better Kicker: Vanderjagt

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
its better than being just outside. i think vanderjagt will put up similar numbers to what he has. I still consider him as the 3rd best kicker in the NFL
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
its better than being just outside. i think vanderjagt will put up similar numbers to what he has. I still consider him as the 3rd best kicker in the NFL
Who are the top 2, in your opinion?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vinatieri and Rackers. I am a lil biased though, being a Colts and Cardinals fan. I know this was Rackers first great year but i put him about equal with vanderjagt.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vinatieri and Rackers. I am a lil biased though, being a Colts and Cardinals fan. I know this was Rackers first great year but i put him about equal with vanderjagt.
rackers was amazing last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree too that Vin is better...but what is the purpose of this poll? Seems like a bash hunt.