Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....
Cockeymofo76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default LJ Prediction

LJ won't have the type of season everyone is predicting here is why

1. Aging O-line and offense... Everyone has a down slope

2. Change in Coaches.. especially the loss of Saunders

3. The PSU Curse name some of the talent that has come out of the RB position that has had a good NFL career in the past 30 years

4. Defensive Awareness.. Now that he is considered the top RB (LT is not a RB he is god's gift to Marty) Defenses will be predicating their whole Defense around him
Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: LJ Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeymofo76
LJ won't have the type of season everyone is predicting here is why

1. Aging O-line and offense... Everyone has a down slope

2. Change in Coaches.. especially the loss of Saunders

3. The PSU Curse name some of the talent that has come out of the RB position that has had a good NFL career in the past 30 years

4. Defensive Awareness.. Now that he is considered the top RB (LT is not a RB he is god's gift to Marty) Defenses will be predicating their whole Defense around him
I disagree about a few of your points.
1. The coaching change is likely a plus. Herm Edwards will be sure to make sure LJ totes the ball plenty of times. They don't call him Herm "run on every play, even 3rd and 7" Edwards for nothin'.

2. That o-line is still one of the elite groups. Can't point to their age until it actually becomes a factor.

3. You don't think defenses have been aware of the Chiefs dominant ground game for the past few years? You think this is something new? Teams JUST NOW realized that the Chiefs like to pound it, and excel at it?

Sorry man, I just don't see it. The only things I see slowing down LJ is a major injury to either him, or a few of his steam-rollers.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:59 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will go around 1800
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 AM    (permalink

im gonna say hell get the same numbers he got last year.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:17 AM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow what do u mean teams are going to just start to focus against the Chiefs rushing attack. U do know we've had Priest Holmes for a while, right?? I agree with guy above me^^
Old 07-27-2006, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if he does not get hurt he will have no less then 1500 yards unless we lose a starter or two on the line i don't think he will get 2000 yards.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink

First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree at all.

The coaching change will only help as Herm loves to run.

The line is still good even with age.

The Penn State argument is pointless.

Teams knew about Priest and the couldn't stop him.

If you wanted an argument you should've pointed out that he lost his lead blocker who really did help him alot last year.

While I don't think LJ will be as good as everyone says, I don't agree with your points as to why he won't have an amazing year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:31 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can get 2100 but probably will get around 1800.

Also in your sig it says Calvin Johnson went to South Carolina. :? And Willie Williams has no future, and why do you have Booty and Sanchez?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll get around 1500-1600. None of this 2000 stuff.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cockeymofo u put the wrong college name for calvin johnson in your sig he goes to georgia tech not sc
Old 07-27-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
So you call getting 1500 yards and 20 TD's just a good season?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:

yea seriously if you think thats just good then you must think VERY highly of Larry
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Its a pretty good season
Old 07-27-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not ready to say LJ is the next 2,000 yard rusher and stuff, I need to see him play a full season before I jump to conclusions, at this sports card show this guy said "He came in during the 2nd half of the season when defenses are wearing down and he is fresh" I realized that thats a good point and I need to see a full season.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1400 - 1500 and 12 - 15 TD's.

Every defense will be stacked against him

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
1400 - 1500 and 12 - 15 TD's.

Every defense will be stacked against him
I love how people are like "they will focus on him". They focused on him last year and still couldn't stop him. They focused on Priest and they couldn't stop him. They seem to forget we still have Trent Green, Tony Gonzalez. Our O-line is still easily a top 3 O-line even with their age. I'm not worried about the loss of Saunders when it comes to the running game because we have Mike Solari who can handle all that.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

True Dat.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

I was getting all ready to come in here swearing and busting heads, because I thought this was another "2000 yards omg!!?!!!"

However, I don't see him getting less than 1600 yards, and 15 TD's. Other than injury. My prediction for him is 1750-1800 yards with 21 TD's. And about 303 receiving yards with 2 td's.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:08 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants
Cockeymofo u put the wrong college name for calvin johnson in your sig he goes to georgia tech not sc
ahaha, yeah i pointed that too, it bothers me.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say 1600 yards and 17 TD this year. The OL is aging and he will be the main focus of defenses this year. I can't see him getting that many more carries than he did last year. Even though he only started 9 games, he was 7th in the league in carries.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll say 1300 yards and 15 touchdowns, that would be insane if he rushed for 1700 yards.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I'll say 1300 yards and 15 touchdowns, that would be insane if he rushed for 1700 yards.
How so?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I guess it's possible I don't he will get though.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I guess it's possible I don't he will get though.
Just a feeling, huh? I hear you. I really can't see him getting anything less than 1500 unless he misses some games. I don't think the loss of Richardson will automatically make that KC ground game mediocre. They are still one of (if not, the) best, IMO.
I guess we'll see though.