Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink

Harris, if i recall correctly, only gave up one TD the whole year and shut down CJ85 AANNNNNNDDDDDD STEVE SMITH. You must still be bitter about the packers having the bucs number.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
Al Harris is horrible...
He just mad that Harris didnt let his WR get a 100 yards or even a TD.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:
Al Harris is horrible...
85 says he's the 2nd best corner in the league so he's gotta be the best in the norris
you know players say things about other players to be nice right? Just like coaches last year when they would be like the Texans, they would say "that was a great team you just beat out there." Yea thats why they went 2-14.

No way in hell is Harris even in the top 10 CBs in the NFL imo.
How many Packers games did you watch last season? He played very well and even shut down some of the receivers he went up against. Am I saying he is a shutdown corner? No, but he is a good corner, and saying he's horrible is ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
I went with Winfield. I've though Harris and Bly were overrated for a while.
In what way shape or form is Harris overrated? You must mean he underrated.
Couldn't be. People always talk about him as a top corner. It'd have to be overrated.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of those 8, the most complete corner right now is Antoine Winfield. Provided he cares and is working hard, the best pure cover guy is probably Fred Smoot, although that's debatable, and I did note that he has to be focused. I think a case could be made for Al Harris against Antoine Winfield, but I still like Winfield better.

Talent wise, I'd rank the 4 teams as: Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions.
Fit for scheme wise, I'd rank the 4 teams as: Bears, Vikings, Packers, Lions.

But that's just my opinion.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting voting results. 13-12 for Harris. Hmm ... I have to say, I was tempted on Harris there. I just think that Winfield reads situations better, which is why I gave him the edge. But certainly, I can respect a Harris vote, as I nearly went that route.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Close poll. I voted for Harris.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Harris, if i recall correctly, only gave up one TD the whole year and shut down CJ85 AANNNNNNDDDDDD STEVE SMITH. You must still be bitter about the packers having the bucs number.
umm.....yea ok? The bucs beat the Packers so i dont know what you're talking about. And for future reference use the quote button.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I said Dre Bly he's a big leader on their defense. He's probably one of the best CB's they have ever had.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a tie in my mind. I think Winfield has more overall talent, but I think Harris is one of the hardest working guys in the league. To go from 6th round pick, to outstanding NFL corner, is really quite amazing. Winfield was expected to be what he is today. Not sure who I'd pick first to play for my team....I think I'd lean towards Winfield though, just based on age.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i say harris or winfield, but i chose harris. only givin up 1 TD i n the NFL is almost un heard of. and to the buccaneer fan not to be singling u out or anything but back ur talk up when u say sumthin and not just "he's horrible".
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winfield.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Alshinard.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
umm.....yea ok? The bucs beat the Packers so i dont know what you're talking about. And for future reference use the quote button.
Well we lost by one point and if our kicker didnt miss his FG we would have won so i wouldnt be talking.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's impossible to say which corners shut down which receivers unless you watched and made sure he was actually covering that receiver during the game. I can tell you right now through common sense that Harris didn't hut Steve Smith down. Harris is a RCB. Steve Smith is a flanker. They wouldn't even be lined up on the same side of the field.

Personally, I find it really difficult to vote a RCB as one of the best corners in the game. Right corners are dime a dozen. They play a lot of squat and zone coverage and are often involved in double teams with the free safety. Left corners are the premium corners.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well we lost by one point and if our kicker didnt miss his FG we would have won so i wouldnt be talking.
how do you know you wouldve won? The bucs had the ball last and ran the clock out, griese couldve thrown another TD or caddy couldve ran one in if we were trying to score.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antoine Winfield is the third best CB in the game, and guess what, Al Harris ain't top 2. Winfield easily for me. Harris is a good starter, but Packers fan overrate him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Because all packers fan swear up and down he is a top 5 corner when he has a hard time cracking a top 15 list.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by filibuster
see sig
I like Vasher as a special teamer, but I'm not sold on him as a CB, not yet atleast
Old 07-27-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by filibuster
see sig
I like Vasher as a special teamer, but I'm not sold on him as a CB, not yet atleast
Vasher doesn't have great cover skills but he has awesome ball skills and great football intelligence. He rarely got beat (although he went up against #2 recievers most of the time).

Vasher made the Pro Bowl because of his what, 7 or 8 INT's. He's a playmaking CB. He's not a lock down CB like say DeAngelo Hall.

I voted for Vasher because he's a Bear, but I think it's b/w Harris and Winfield. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Winfield.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

Vasher is fast he was made for special teams.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

antoine winfield, i cant think of any corner than defends the run better than him

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:41 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Quote:
Because all packers fan swear up and down he is a top 5 corner when he has a hard time cracking a top 15 list.
How does that make him overrated? Fans telling you that he a top 5 CB makes him overrated, do u even know what overrated means.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

Oh i see we have some people that voted for Charles Woodson.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 07-28-2006, 12:49 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Is Keith Smith the Loins number two CB? If so thats really sad.