Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who's the AL ROY?

Liriano for me.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this will get locked soon but im gonna say papelbon b/c the red sox wouldn't be close to where they are without him.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to answer this, it is too hard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Papelbon as of right now, but if Liriano or Verlander keep it up...I'll change my vote.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
this will get locked soon but im gonna say papelbon b/c the red sox wouldn't be close to where they are without him.
It's not getting locked.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink

Liriano if he keeps pitching like he is. If not than it's Papelbon.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
It's not getting locked.
good to know. if djp was on (which he never is) it would be.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sorry, but Weaver should not be in this discussion.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not getting locked.
Well, he is no longer an off-topic mod.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
I am sorry, but Weaver should not be in this discussion.
I agree he shouldn't be in the ROY discussion because he hasn't pitched enough, but he has impressed as much as the other rookie pitchers.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not getting locked.
Well, he is no longer an off-topic mod.
djp locked the MLB Over/Under thread :( , that thread had potential.
Nerv

I have a feeling its going to be Verlander, and that just isnt the homer in me. The mlb tends to reward the players on the most succesful teams come awards time. Verlander is going to have very good numbers and if he avoids a ultra dissapointing 2nd half, 20 wins. Combine that with the possibility of the best record in the majors and homefield throughout the playoffs and I think mr. Verlander will be getting some hardware.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink

I cannot believe Weaver has more votes than Verlander.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weaver is nasty and might be the best out of all of them in my opinion but he got too late of a start for to give him any serious consideration. So Liriano for me.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not anymore.

Papelbon closes games. Unless he saves 55 games, I don't see him having much of a chance against Verlander or Liriano. No clue why Weaver is on this poll by the way. Right now, it is neck and neck with Verlander and Liriano, but I just have a feeling that Liriano will sleep a tad bit because I don't think Minnesota is going to continue the way they have been playing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If there were two rookie awards (pitching and offense), then who would the offensive award go to? Kenji Johjima? Or would they go all Matsui on him, and not count him as a rookie. Or how about Melky Cabrera ?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Not anymore.

Papelbon closes games. Unless he saves 55 games, I don't see him having much of a chance against Verlander or Liriano. No clue why Weaver is on this poll by the way. Right now, it is neck and neck with Verlander and Liriano, but I just have a feeling that Liriano will sleep a tad bit because I don't think Minnesota is going to continue the way they have been playing.
I feel the same exact way. If Minnesota falters towards the end of the season, Verlander wins, but if we continue with this hot play and stay in contention, Liriano could very well win.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
If there were two rookie awards (pitching and offense), then who would the offensive award go to? Kenji Johjima? Or would they go all Matsui on him, and not count him as a rookie. Or how about Melky Cabrera ?
Those are the only options? :?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Johjima has decent offensive stats, but he has been calling horrible games for the Mariners. Hell, no pitcher has under a 4.19 ERA on the team. And Melky doesn't deserve the Gold Glove(I keep telling you this).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
(To get this out of the way -- by offensive I meant non-pitching...)

No those aren't the only options, just two I offered.

AL Rookies
Old 07-27-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink

Why only pitchers for the poll?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
Why only pitchers for the poll?
Have you seen the AL rookie batters?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(To get this out of the way -- by offensive I meant non-pitching...)

No those aren't the only options, just two I offered.

AL Rookies
wow not that much PT for offensive rookies in the AL this year. Johjima has the best offensive numbers but like brodeur said he has been terrible at calling games this year so i would have to go with cabrera.
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Johjima has decent offensive stats, but he has been calling horrible games for the Mariners. Hell, no pitcher has under a 4.19 ERA on the team. And Melky doesn't deserve the Gold Glove(I keep telling you this).
Everyone keeps telling me this. Either way, I don't mind a 1000 fielding % and a league leading (actually a 3-way tie) 9 outfield assists --- in limited time.