Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-13-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Al Wilson released

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...103115905.html

(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Denver Broncos released veteran linebacker Al Wilson, CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi reported Friday.

Wilson plans to hold a news conference at his agent's office in Cherry Creek at 2 p.m. Friday. It can be seen live on cbs4denver.com.

Wilson was the subject of attempted trades by the Broncos in recent weeks. One deal with the New York Giants fell apart after Wilson failed a physical.

The team has decided to release Wilson because of his impact on the salary cap and his injury last season, according to Lombardi.

Wilson suffered a neck injury late last season and was carried off the field on a stretcher. He returned to play in the following games.

Wilson was the Broncos' 1st round draft pick in 1999 and was the team's defensive captain.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FireGruden

I think hes gonna retire---hes done
Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I think a team will pick him up. Hopefully my Lions. The only problem is gonna be passing that physical. I hope he still plays. Always been a favorite of mine even though he went to Tennessee
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is a sad, sad day for denver fans.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
this is a sad, sad day for denver fans.
You didn't see this coming?

I know it sucks, but it's a business.

edit: well he's excited about playing again, according to his press conference, but he doesn't sound too optimistic about passing physicals and being cleared to play. sounds like i'm wrong and that he will play again. hopefully this is true, because i didn't want to see him go out saying "I'm done." that would be hard for any player to say.

Last edited by JCutlery : 04-13-2007 at 04:14 PM.
JCutlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
You didn't see this coming?

I know it sucks, but it's a business.

edit: well he's excited about playing again, according to his press conference, but he doesn't sound too optimistic about passing physicals and being cleared to play. sounds like i'm wrong and that he will play again. hopefully this is true, because i didn't want to see him go out saying "I'm done." that would be hard for any player to say.
who cares if i saw it coming..

you mean to say you have no sympathy for al?

i know... thats not what your saying... your saying it was sad a while ago, but i was hoping he might fight through it... sad day for deenveer
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now are you going after Jon Beason?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
That would make sense, but I have a feeling he won't be there.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i have a feeling we will trade up for him or willis or just trade up in general. **** i will be suprised if we actually only pick #21 in the first round
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

btw him getting released screws up the entire mock draft i just started like 10 mins ago...
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Only if Gold is leaving as well. DJ needs to play either WILL or MIKE... SAM isn't his forte. Getting Beason would create the same problem all over again. We need a natural SAM... Lawrence Timmons gets my vote.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

timmons is a sam... williams sucked at sam
Old 04-14-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think he would fit in a tampa 2 def. like detroits?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We should just take David Harris in the 2nd IMO.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
We should just take David Harris in the 2nd IMO.
thumbs up to that... he reminds me of wilson
Old 04-15-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Search for new Al

Besides incumbent Nate Webster, who is considered a top reserve, there are three ways for the Broncos to replace middle linebacker Al Wilson:

1. The draft

Mississippi's Patrick Willis has surged to a top-12 pick, which puts him out of the Broncos' reach. Next best is Michigan's David Harris, with Brown's Zak DeOssie (6-5, 250) a sleeper.

2. Free agent

The best remaining unrestricted middle linebackers are Edgerton Hartwell and Peter Sirmon.

3. D.J. Williams

It's easier to go from outside linebacker to the run-first middle than vice versa.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we coulda gotten rid of Gold instead.
Put Wiliams at Will, draft Harris for Mike, put some scrub in at SAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
jsthomp2006

Al Wilson should coach for the Broncos and keep the leadership.

Broncos I have heard really like David Harris. I guess he is built like Al Wilson, yet faster.