Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink

Default Who has the best Defense in the NFL?

this year i say Ravens Defence will be a scoreing machine

what your awnsers?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Cowboys? :?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Bears.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
No Cowboys? :?
if i could put 32 i would put every team
Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Well the Cowboys are a pretty obvious top 5 D, they really should be on here.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink

well 2 late know
Old 07-31-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
Bears.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
Bears.
This is a toughy. Our defense is really good and we just got even deeper over the offseason. We can put points on the board and we're very good at creating turnovers.

I think it's a toss up between Washington, Carolina, and Chicago. But I think I'll take Washington right now with the Bears #2 and Carolina #3. But my rankings could change.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears didn't have the benefit of an offense to support them last year. They scored points. They played with bad field position. And they were still the #1 defense in the league last year. They added Ricky Manning Jr and Dante Wesley to support at the corner position, they added Manning, Dvorack, Mark Anderson, and Jamar Williams to provide depth. This is with no disrespect to the other teams in the league with great defenses (Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington) as I feel they are all better than the Bears as a total team, but nobody tops our defense, both starters and depth.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, why the hell are the Browns on here?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chicago
2. Jacksonville
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Colts and Steelers Defense needs to be in that list as well. My Top 5 Defenses are..

1. Chicago
2. Pittsburgh
3. Carolina
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis
Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Da Bears!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the Steelers arn't even in the poll that just amazes me.

Regardless my vote goes to the Bears. Their defense just looks so god and it doesn't hurt their stats going against the NFC North teams 6 times a year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I love how the Steelers arn't even in the poll that just amazes me.

Regardless my vote goes to the Bears. Their defense just looks so god and it doesn't hurt their stats going against the NFC North teams 6 times a year.
Most of the top ones aren't. :? Why is Miami on here?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants
Old 07-31-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen
1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys
Panthers Vs Ravens gonna be a good game
Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen
1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys
Panthers Vs Ravens gonna be a good game
Where is it? If it is at Carolina, I easily say the Panthers win.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink

man i dream that Brandon Merriweather joins the Baltimore Ravens
Old 07-31-2006, 08:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Bears didn't have the benefit of an offense to support them last year. They scored points. They played with bad field position. And they were still the #1 defense in the league last year. They added Ricky Manning Jr and Dante Wesley to support at the corner position, they added Manning, Dvorack, Mark Anderson, and Jamar Williams to provide depth. This is with no disrespect to the other teams in the league with great defenses (Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington) as I feel they are all better than the Bears as a total team, but nobody tops our defense, both starters and depth.
umm no they werent, the Bucs were.

and i have a feeling this board is anti-bucs(), 2 or 3 top 5 lists and the bucs arent in any? Wow...... :?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
Quote:

and i have a feeling this board is anti-bucs(), 2 or 3 top 5 lists and the bucs arent in any? Wow...... :?
Oh stop it. The Bucs were first in yardage and that is only because the Bears put in their 3rd string against the Vikings in week 17. The Bears were still first in scoring (which is all that counts) even in spite of that. Any Bucs fan that actually asserts their defense was #1 without looking at the facts is just being a homer.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh stop it. The Bucs were first in yardage and that is only because the Bears put in their 3rd string against the Vikings in week 17. The Bears were still first in scoring (which is all that counts) even in spite of that. Any Bucs fan that actually asserts their defense was #1 without looking at the facts is just being a homer.
First in scoring is all that counts? So you can be first in scoring yet give up the most yards and it would matter? So you saying "first in scoring is all that matters" is false, and the bucs WERE the #1 defense last year.

I'll admit the Bears have a GREAT defense, just about everyone is a ballhawk but the bears haven't had their defense in the top 7 for 10 years straight. So I'd take Bucs defense over Bears defense any day of the week. Call me a homer all you want.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First in scoring is all that counts? So you can be first in scoring yet give up the most yards and it would matter? So you saying "first in scoring is all that matters" is false, and the bucs WERE the #1 defense last year.

I'll admit the Bears have a GREAT defense, just about everyone is a ballhawk but the bears haven't had their defense in the top 7 for 10 years straight. So I'd take Bucs defense over Bears defense any day of the week. Call me a homer all you want.
You're a homer. And yes scoring is all that matters. I don't care if they give up 400 yards, if they only allow 3 points your team still wins, you should know that-it's the staple of the cover 2.

The Bucs are a defense that is aging, the Bears are a defense that is rising. Yes the Bucs defense has been tremendous over the last 10 years, and Monte Kiffen will still keep them at the top of the league for years to come, but they aren't the best anymore.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're a homer. And yes scoring is all that matters. I don't care if they give up 400 yards, if they only allow 3 points your team still wins, you should know that-it's the staple of the cover 2.

The Bucs are a defense that is aging, the Bears are a defense that is rising. Yes the Bucs defense has been tremendous over the last 10 years, and Monte Kiffen will still keep them at the top of the league for years to come, but they aren't the best anymore.
How much do you want to bet bucs will have the #1 defense again this year?