Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.
Default The best athletes in college football for 07-08?

OK, I need to know who some of the best and most athletic players in the country are at the skill positions, WR, RB, CB, S. But here's the catch, I'm not talking about well known guys like CJ Spiller's, McFadden's, DeSean Jackson's, guys that everyone knows. I want to here about some of the sleepers that I might not know about that have that true "gamebreaking" ability. Let's hear em...
HuskerNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jarrett Dillard. The reciever from Rice. He is not very well known.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

theres sooo many i can think of but one off the top of my head is Markus Manson i mean if he can adjust to the move to corner nicely then hes definately got talent
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

i think someone that is overlooked alot is Derrick Williams WR from Penn State, hes a real game breaker as a Reciever and as a return man.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Fastest player in college football, Trindon Holliday

PR/RB/WR/KR for LSU.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
theres sooo many i can think of but one off the top of my head is Markus Manson i mean if he can adjust to the move to corner nicely then hes definately got talent
who does he play for? the only similar name i can think of is marcus monk on arkansas. i have never heard of manson
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i think someone that is overlooked alot is Derrick Williams WR from Penn State, hes a real game breaker as a Reciever and as a return man.
He did nothing last year to break a game. If he plays like last year, no way is he a gamebreaking receiver.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For now however, my pick would be Percy Harvin.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post

PR/RB/WR/KR for LSU.
imagine that a speedster at LSU. and a sleeper at that.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Percy Harvin and DeSean Jackson.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
who does he play for? the only similar name i can think of is marcus monk on arkansas. i have never heard of manson
He actually plays for the gators and is a junior, itd really amaze me if he made a smooth adjustment this late in his carrer
Old 04-16-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
OK, I'm not talking about well known guys like CJ Spiller's, McFadden's, DeSean Jackson's, guys that everyone knows. I want to here about some of the sleepers
good job reading to everyone who said Percy Harvin and DeSean Jackson...

I don't really know any sleeper, I only know about the Hawks...and from what I've heard Cedric Everson is a real burner and if given the chance to return at all this year might surprise some people...the other is Anthony Bowman, he looks to be in prime position to be our returner and is also just built for speed

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For Michigan State it's probably TJ williams he's a sophomore WR who really stepepd up last year, he'll be brian Hoyer's number 1 target this year and really make a name for himself.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

shane vereen coming in for cal, hes a cb/hb who wasnt that highly touted
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart is a great athlete if the reported numbers are accurate. 5-11 234, 4.34 40, 39 vert and a 410 bench.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i think CJ gable USC RB is going to break out this year

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Cedric Everson is definitely a fast guy, I remember hearing about him here in Atlanta. He committed to Ga Tech but did not fulfill the entry requirements.

Real fast guy.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
i think CJ gable USC RB is going to break out this year
Typo: try Moody
Old 04-17-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

james neal- CB- William and Mary. Game Breaker. 4.38 speed incoming freshman
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

josh barrett FS- Arizona...makes the tackle on this play

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCZJfJ4ZS0Q lightning.

brandon saine- rb- ohio state
go to 0:40. darrell green ****
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gits8xeYJl0
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percry Harvin, WR, Florida

Antone Smith, RB, Florida State- 5'9, 190lbs, 4.3 speed, 430 lb bench press.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
r_nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post

PR/RB/WR/KR for LSU.
Beat me to it. Trindon is the truth. Plus he went to my high school, thats my dog.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graig Cooper is going to be the big playmaker Miami has been missing. Everyone says the same thing about him, Devin Hester.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Keiland Williams is gonna be a beast this season.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Miami Kush
Rookie

Miami Kush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Percy Harvin from florida. Watch for him and Tebow this year at Florida.
Miami Kush is offline   Reply With Quote