Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

listen to Scott Wright that is a great Idea, but the thing is with my sister who is off to college the guidance counselors acted like they didnt care, they didnt say congratulations or anything, they acted like they really didnt care. I suggest that he first decides if he wants to be close to home or venture off to a college far away.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
So he's not smart enought to make his own big decisions?

Seriously, why the hell would you ask a bunch of people on a sports forum?

:? :x
because alot of people on here are in college or have had experience certian colleges.
The majority of people on this board arent to college yet. In fact, the majority of people in this thread giving him college advice are his age or possibly younger.
...and they're saying things like "its a good wrestling school," which is far from sound advice. This is a decision that your brother and your parents should make, NOT US.

we were asking for advice. we wanted to know what other people would know about the school.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
MikeJones

I would say Duke it has a real good math program depending on what he wants to do in Math. Duke is a real nice campus and really just a nice school in general.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Off of the list, Stanford or Duke are the best schools.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
I'd say BC or Northwestern. I have relatives who went there/are going there. BC is a great school, great campus, and I love Boston so that's all good. NU is a great campus, real good school, and I also love Chicago, but its ridiculously cold there in the wintertime. Depends on the climate he likes, big school small school and whatever. Those are my two favorites. Plus they've got decent football teams. Or Stanford, good school and California is very nice.
PSHH. You little girl. It is not super cold, I we have kids wearing shorts in 30 degree weather here. 20 is when we start to get a little more on.

I said Vandy, I hear its a good college. And then BC,NW and Stanford would also be good choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol there are tons of websites with rankings of various schools for particular undergraduate programs... of that list tho... it should be pretty obvious that Stanford is one of the top schools in the nation. If he can make it in there, and likes the campus/atmostphere/etc, that's the place to go. Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, and Northwestern are also great schools.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink

Anything but UL.

I picked Stanford. Great weather. Beautiful girls. Good academic atmosphere. Great reputation.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 AM    (permalink
cgrsly57
Rookie

cgrsly57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If all he cares about is academics then he should go to Stanford because its the most prestigious college on that list. Not that that really means anything in the long run but he will get a better job coming out of college.
cgrsly57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:13 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Anything but UL.

I picked Stanford. Great weather. Beautiful girls. Good academic atmosphere. Great reputation.
whats wrong with UL???
Old 08-08-2006, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
Quote:
Originally Posted by America
I'd say BC or Northwestern. I have relatives who went there/are going there. BC is a great school, great campus, and I love Boston so that's all good. NU is a great campus, real good school, and I also love Chicago, but its ridiculously cold there in the wintertime. Depends on the climate he likes, big school small school and whatever. Those are my two favorites. Plus they've got decent football teams. Or Stanford, good school and California is very nice.
PSHH. You little girl. It is not super cold, I we have kids wearing shorts in 30 degree weather here. 20 is when we start to get a little more on.

I said Vandy, I hear its a good college. And then BC,NW and Stanford would also be good choices
PSHH. You little girl.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
To be #2 in your class at a nice school and have the credentials to get he almost has to have above a 4.0. Because I would think he would be in a bunch of honors/AP classes and they count for more if you get an A i'm pretty sure.
His school might not the the weighted GPA thing. There are other ways to rank students.

As for where you brother should go, I'd put a lot of faith in the schools conselors, especially if the school is as good as you say. Vandy is a really nice school, as is Stanford, although if he is seriously considering the west coast he should read up on UC Berkeley, which is one of the top chemistry schools there is (also was the top ranked public school in the nation a few years back).

Truth be told, I'd but a lot of stock into which school he feels most comfortable with. He will likely get into a good school, and a degree from one is practically as good as another. Let him go to one he is excited about.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I know about 10 kids who are at Vanderbilt who graduated from my school and they are all really weird for some reason everyone of them. I know its a great school i just have a weird perception of Vandy because of that.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:57 AM    (permalink

North Carolina!!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:24 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

so i take it no one likes Wake or Purdue. Any reasons why?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:32 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
so i take it no one likes Wake or Purdue. Any reasons why?
I know someone who recently transfered from Wake Forest, he didnt like the grading system, ive heard its weird and its either you love it or hate it.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:40 AM    (permalink
ChiBear
Rookie

ChiBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Northwestern.
ChiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dude, it just depends on what's important to him...academics, climate, atmosphere, looseness/hotness of women. kinda hard question to answer considering we don't know a damn thing about your bro except that he's smarter than us morons.

but, the universal criteria for college picking...just go to the place where you can pound the most crotch.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't no much about US schools...but I picked Stanford...as I always heard it is a really smart school...and It is also in Cali...so u can;t go wring with that

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stanford and Cal are real good schools.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Vanderbilt FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. Ivy league of the south.

Also I love the cold, but I refuse to go to Chicago because I don't want to freeze my arse off.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has he thought of MIT?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Has he thought of MIT?
You can't get into MIT with no 4.0

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BC!!!

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He only has a 4.0??? psssh, my brothers had like a 4.5 each.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
SCREW DUKE! GO UNC!