Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers sign defensive end Nick Eason

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2840419

Steelers sign former Browns defensive end Nick Eason

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we play the browns twice a year and i am still unsure as to who this. his size is nice but other than that. i got nothing.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW I'm so happy

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wooooooooot.
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright guys are these post sarcastic or do yall know something i don't??

Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eason is pretty much a role player, not much more. He's the guy that ditched Broncos TC a few years back.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
Eason is pretty much a role player, not much more. He's the guy that ditched Broncos TC a few years back.
ditched as in was booted from TC or he just left??

Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i knew he was not much more then depth, but it was news about the steelers so i posted it. that is what this board is for correct?

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
i knew he was not much more then depth, but it was news about the steelers so i posted it. that is what this board is for correct?
ya no i don't think anybody is chomping at your balls for it, i know i want to know depth or not when someone is added to the steelers. just curious as to some more info about him.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i am being sarcastic, i guess they brought him in for his measurables, havea little competition in mini camps
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just joking is this guy more of a 3-4 or a 4-3 DE?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

hes a 3 - 4 DE anda 4 - 3 Tackle
Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A waste of time move. He will be cut in training camp. Why a guy that can't start for the Browns would be brought in to help, I don't get. More money being used that could be used to resign Troy, Ben or Faneca.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm really trying my best to understand what the Steelers are trying to do, but this is getting ridiculous.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah im sure we spent a lot of money on him...?

not everyone brought in is brought in to be a star, we need reserve / special teams guys...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It still ties up 1 million bucks, that could be used elsewhere. Yes we need depth. That is what Nua, Bailey, Hoke, and Kischke are. That makes 7+ million in back up DLmen, and we have starters that are not signed.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We have the lowest cap space in the NFL right now, we're just above 1mil. That's a questionable move with the amount of room we have to work with IMO.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

blah blah, i don't care how this move looks. we are one of the best run organizations in all of sports. why does it matter how it looks to us peons?? we are the fans. lets start acting like it and support them. they know what they are doing. i am tired of ppl questioning what the FO is doing all of sudden.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
blah blah, i don't care how this move looks. we are one of the best run organizations in all of sports. why does it matter how it looks to us peons?? we are the fans. lets start acting like it and support them. they know what they are doing. i am tired of ppl questioning what the FO is doing all of sudden.
wow, easy lol. I wrote an article in which I ranked the top NFL GMs currently in the game and I had Colbert in my top 5, even given his short resume I still think the guy is one of the best. So, yes I very much have all the confidence in the world for our FO to continue leading this team in the right direction. Matter of fact I was going to add something along those lines to my post, but figured everyone would just see it as mere speculation, however we are in a tough situation with our roster and cap room so every move made is going to be put under microscope. As a true fan I don't have to like every move they make, but I will respect it.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayA55 View Post
wow, easy lol. I wrote an article in which I ranked the top NFL GMs currently in the game and I had Colbert in my top 5, even given his short resume I still think the guy is one of the best. So, yes I very much have all the confidence in the world for our FO to continue leading this team in the right direction. Matter of fact I was going to add something along those lines to my post, but figured everyone would just see it as mere speculation, however we are in a tough situation with our roster and cap room so every move made is going to be put under microscope. As a true fan I don't have to like every move they make, but I will respect it.
yea i know it just has been happening a lot lately. i guess it has been building up inside of me. my previous comment was directly typed to you. just in general and a lot of ppl once again are questioning this move. and yes i don't necessarily agree with every move they make, but i support it and as you said respect it.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is a little write-up by SI about the Steelers signing Eason. I hadn't known that Bailey went to Arizona, but since he did I think that this move does make sense. I agree that the FO knows what they are doing, so Eason is most likely at least a solid back-up. Plus, if he doesn't work out then we probably only spent 500k on him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

More DL help from the draft will probably come, but you never know what will happen with a rookie, so you might as well sign a guy who has proven himself at least a little bit.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
It still ties up 1 million bucks, that could be used elsewhere. Yes we need depth. That is what Nua, Bailey, Hoke, and Kischke are. That makes 7+ million in back up DLmen, and we have starters that are not signed.
Nua hasn't broken the PS. Bailey is in Arizona, and Kirschke is a 10-year pro with Chronic back issues. This is a camp competition thing. I'm fine with it. Eason was going to be a 1st/2nd rounder until they found out he had severe ADD.

Rich, Bailey is in Zona, and Nua hasn't made it off the PS. Kirschke is 10-11 years. If he gets cut after Camp, I don't see how we won't have the money to sign Ben/Troy/Faneca.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayA55 View Post
We have the lowest cap space in the NFL right now, we're just above 1mil. That's a questionable move with the amount of room we have to work with IMO.
Don't forget...

Could be cap casualties:

Wilson: 2+M
Tuman: 1.5M
Okobi: 1.3+M

Since we didn't ask Okobi to restructure, we have a younger, more fiesty player in Phillips, and Simmons/Mahan are battling for OC... could be that Okobi gets cut.

If we get a solid TE, Tuman could be cut.

Perhaps we're aiming at a Day 1 ready to go out of the box WR (Jason Hill) because we're looking to cut Wilson?

Thats a total of 4.8+/- M Not to mention other players I don't know about. That was just off the top of my head (I don't remember the exact figures.)

Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Nua hasn't broken the PS. Bailey is in Arizona, and Kirschke is a 10-year pro with Chronic back issues. This is a camp competition thing. I'm fine with it. Eason was going to be a 1st/2nd rounder until they found out he had severe ADD.

Rich, Bailey is in Zona, and Nua hasn't made it off the PS. Kirschke is 10-11 years. If he gets cut after Camp, I don't see how we won't have the money to sign Ben/Troy/Faneca.
did you just repeat yourself??

Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
did you just repeat yourself??
Yea... I did.

I guess I was stressing a point.

we have "4" DE's. We're talking about having Keisel doing some LB drops and rushes, Aaron Smith was just resigned, we still have Nua who hasn't made the active Roster.

I think I was really pointing out that Bailey joined Morey in Zona...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers.com on Nick Eason
PITTSBURGH — The Steelers signed unrestricted free agent defensive end Nick Eason to a one-year contract, the team announced today. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Eason (6-3, 305) was originally drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round (114th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft out of Clemson. He suffered a season-ending injury in training camp and spent his rookie season on the Reserve/Injured List.

In 2004, Eason was waived by the Broncos following training camp but was signed to their practice squad for three weeks. After being waived by Denver, Eason was signed to the Cleveland Browns' practice squad where he spent seven weeks before being signed to their active roster for the final five weeks of the season.

Eason spent the past two seasons on the Browns' active roster, playing in a total of 29 games during that span. He posted a career-high 23 tackles and two passes defensed in 2006 after recording his first two career sacks during the 2005 season.
Is it just me or do Shaun Nua and Brett Keisel seem identical?

PRO (0-0/0-0): Drafted in the seventh round (228th overall) by the Steelers in the 2005 NFL Draft.

PRO (34-0/8-0) The Steelers' final draft pick in 2002, was one of the seven draft selections to make the final roster…continued to developed into a solid role player along the defensive line in 2004…grown into one of the team's top special teams players…signed a four-year contract with the Steelers during the 2006 offseason.

Hopefully Nua Developes as fast and well as Keisel (If not faster and better) and then we'll have a duo of BYU 3-4 DE's taht scare the **** out of everyone.