Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite the lack of improvement the last few years, I have to stick with Vick.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink

Vick has a very strong arm, but that doesn't mean he's a good passer. He sometimes makes bad decisions and is not a team leader. He's a very fast Aaron Brooks as far as I'm concerned.

If we're talking playmaker in the sense of what they do when they have the ball, not how many times they touch the ball, my vote is for Nathan Vasher. Yes, that's right, Nathan Vasher. The man has 13 interceptions in 2 years and has averaged 25 yards per INT return. Basically at any given time, he can get the offense the ball AND put you in good field position. That's a playmaker for ya.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT is a triple threat - run, throw and catch

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I just had to go with my man Randy Moss. :D
Old 08-09-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith 1, Mike Vick 2.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC South: The Official Division of Playmakers

Michael Vick

Steve Smith

Reggie Bush

Cadillac Williams

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is pretty gross.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owens isn't close to the playmaker Smith is. He is a good WR, but he is just a normal top WR

Smith's YAC: 810. That means over half of his yards he earned by himself, He ran those yards
Old 08-09-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best playmaker? Now we're not talking about best "player," so my vote goes to Mike Vick. The guy runs like an RB and plays QB. He's a threat to score everytime he has the ball.

What separates him from guys like TO and LT are that he gets the ball in his hands every down. So on every snap, he's a threat to score because he's got the ball in his hands.

Now, he's got a long way to go to achieve being a top tier QB in the NFL, but there's no question that he has incredible playmaking abilities.

Now in a year or two, Reggie Bush's name will headline this list IMO, but for right now my vote goes to Vick.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

LT is my vote for playmaker and most exciting to watch, even though nothing he does now will live up to when i saw him rush for 406 yards in a single game.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:30 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:34 AM    (permalink
scorchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Mike Vick is the best playmaker in the league.
Mike Vick isn't the best anything.
I don't like Vick either. He hasn't impressed me with anything he does in the game. I don't see him as being a leader, which is what the QB is. I feel that he's a "me" type player and I don't like that. If he can't scramble then he dumps off the ball to the TE. While he's smart enough to realize that the TE is available he's not one of the Top 5 in the league, and maybe not in the Top 10 as far as I'm concerned. QB's should be able to throw the ball around to many different receivers and guide their time to the "W". For all his hype, he hasn't shown me that he can do that.
I agree. This guy hasn't done anything real impressive. They say all he does is win, well his winning percentage doesn't even come close to Big Ben. Vick is an overhyped below average qb. I have to go with L.T. The guy can run pass and catch. Just an all around great player.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Vernon Davis!
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:43 AM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

T.O. they guy is a natural playmaker I love watching him play. But also Mike Vick while not very good is still one of the most fun players to watch in the way he can scramble and do other things.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchin
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't like Vick either. He hasn't impressed me with anything he does in the game. I don't see him as being a leader, which is what the QB is. I feel that he's a "me" type player and I don't like that. If he can't scramble then he dumps off the ball to the TE. While he's smart enough to realize that the TE is available he's not one of the Top 5 in the league, and maybe not in the Top 10 as far as I'm concerned. QB's should be able to throw the ball around to many different receivers and guide their time to the "W". For all his hype, he hasn't shown me that he can do that.
I agree. This guy hasn't done anything real impressive. They say all he does is win, well his winning percentage doesn't even come close to Big Ben. Vick is an overhyped below average qb. I have to go with L.T. The guy can run pass and catch. Just an all around great player.
His team also doesn't even come close to Big Ben.

See, the reason people can use "Vick has a great winning %" argument is because his team without him sucks. You take Vick off the Falcons, and they're somewhere around 4-12. You take Big Ben off the Steelers and they're still a 9-7 team.

As for the original poster, you're making it seem like a big deal that he passes to the TE. Since when is passing to the best receiver a bad thing? Delhomme throws essentially all of his passes to Smith. The truth is, until now Crumpler is the only even remotely respectable receiver Vick has had.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink

People forget that Randy Moss is just sick when healthy... (That sounds odd) He makes plays.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
scorchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
His team also doesn't even come close to Big Ben.

See, the reason people can use "Vick has a great winning %" argument is because his team without him sucks. You take Vick off the Falcons, and they're somewhere around 4-12. You take Big Ben off the Steelers and they're still a 9-7 team.

As for the original poster, you're making it seem like a big deal that he passes to the TE. Since when is passing to the best receiver a bad thing? Delhomme throws essentially all of his passes to Smith. The truth is, until now Crumpler is the only even remotely respectable receiver Vick has had.
Steelers lost when maddox was in there, they won a couple of games with Batch at qb, but that was against cleveland and Green bay. Without Ben, the Steelers don't go to the superbowl. The Falcons with or without Vick still don't go. Vick is notr a leader, great athlete. horrible qb and leader.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Steelers lost when maddox was in there, they won a couple of games with Batch at qb, but that was against cleveland and Green bay. Without Ben, the Steelers don't go to the superbowl. The Falcons with or without Vick still don't go. Vick is notr a leader, great athlete. horrible qb and leader.
I disagree. I think that if Vick was on the Steelers team from last year, they would have easily won the division, and the Superbowl. People always say Vick isn't a leader, but I don't understand that. How does he not lead his team? Could you give me an example? I mean, from when I see him on the field, he looks 100% the leader. As for a QB, his skills are not that great right now, but he is getting better. People forget how young this guy is. I think this year will be quite a bit better than last, and then next year we'll see him reach his peak, with about 3000 passing yards, and close to a thousand rushing. But that still has to be seen.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
People forget that Randy Moss is just sick when healthy... (That sounds odd) He makes plays.
Exactly. I'd say he should be close to or even with TO right now... but the past two years have really hurt his stock. People think that the injured Moss represents how good Moss really is now... and damn will they be surprised if he stays healthy this season. Given an entire healthy season, I'll guarantee 1400 yards and 10 TD's.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Exactly. I'd say he should be close to or even with TO right now... but the past two years have really hurt his stock. People think that the injured Moss represents how good Moss really is now... and damn will they be surprised if he stays healthy this season. Given an entire healthy season, I'll guarantee 1400 yards and 10 TD's.
I think he will put up the best numbers out of all receivers in the NFL theis year IMO. Aaron Brooks plays to Moss' advantages.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt its Ed Reed.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:30 AM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Owens isn't close to the playmaker Smith is. He is a good WR, but he is just a normal top WR

Smith's YAC: 810. That means over half of his yards he earned by himself, He ran those yards

Who are you passing the ball to in the last 10 seconds of the Super Bowl againts DeAngelo Hall? Steve Smith or Terrell Owens? Sit and think...

Terrell Owens of course, he is tall, fast, stronge, great hands, AND flashy.

Steve Smith is good and all, but he aint better than T.O.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
No doubt its Ed Reed.
I agree.
It's difficult to compare guys who play different positions, but what Reed has done with the ball in limited opportunities is amazing.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:41 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tomlinson..run..catch .. even pass

playmaker does it consistently and remember against DC..broke off a huge run in OT
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look forward to see what Devin Hester can do with the ball in his hands, hopefully he has the opportunity to return a few tommorow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote