Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
I still don't know what you're talking frogstomp. :?
I wouldn't sleep tonight, if I were you. You might not wake up.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You think just because you're a mod you can blank quote?! Huh?!

Well, you're right... for now... *dun dun dunnnn*

Bastard.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bastard.
You've changed froggie, I use to like how you disliked Sony, but now..
Old 08-10-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bastard.
You've changed froggie, I use to like how you disliked Sony, but now..
I've never had a problem with Sony... just the PS3... and Blu-Ray... and all things Sony related.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BUY ME

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma

BUY ME
That looks so cool.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since you're an XBOX user, yeah buy it. I myself, as a PS2 user, am waiting for the PS3. Just my personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma

BUY ME
That looks so cool.
The price looks even better to me, compare to the PS3

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Buckeyes-Steelers

I own a 360 and I highly recommend getting one also. Its more of like a entertainment system DVD's, Music, Games. Its all enhanced. The dashboard is way better you can download football, games, music, tv themes etc, demos, game trailers, music videos. NCAA is amazing the graphics are incredible and with Madden coming out in a week and a half and some other big titles arriving in the fall, a 360 will be a must get. And on September 17th Microsoft is planning to launch a new Wireless headest, Racing wheel controller, and Xbox Live Vision... Xbox Live Vision is like a webcam to see other people while you play on live. Should be pretty fun..

Just look at it this way you can get:

Xbox 360
- 20 GB Hard drive
- wireless controller
- HD AV cable
- ethernet network cable
- wired XBOX Live headset
- white faceplate
- XBOX Live Silver service

and 3 games for about $580

PS3
2 controllers
3 games

for about $1000 dollars...

I'll leave it to you...
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

and the online play of playstation is no where near as good or user friendly than xbox live.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to add in defense of PS3...

Online is free, unlike XBOX Live. And unlike 360, you dont need to buy the best version of PS3, the other one still has a 20 gb hard drive, and that, I imagine will be around the same price as a high-end 360. Not to mention, a PS3, because they use BluRay, will down the road have better games, because more space on the disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski

Online is free, unlike XBOX Live. And unlike 360, you dont need to buy the best version of PS3, the other one still has a 20 gb hard drive, and that, I imagine will be around the same price as a high-end 360. Not to mention, a PS3, because they use BluRay, will down the road have better games, because more space on the disk.
"The $500 PlayStation 3 will be lacking wireless internet capabilities (although a separate adapter will likely be available around launch time), it will not support SD cards, Memory Sticks or Compact Flash cards, and it will not support HDMI video output without the purchase of an adapter. When you move up to the $600 PS3 console, you will get all of these features out of the box, as well as a 60GB hard drive instead of the 20GB hard drive, included in the $500 model." - Game Daily

Plus, because Live makes you pay for a unified online service, you have things like Friends Lists, Live Aware (you always know exactly what your friends are playing), and Arcade, which I love to death. Sure PS3 has a hard drive with the $500 and free online, but don't forget the things they had to cut back to make that happen.

Anyway, there's a rumor going around that starting on Monday, if you purchase a 360, you'll have a choice of one free game (either Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo: Elements of Power, Project Gotham Racing 3, or Dead or Alive 4. So if you are planning on buying a 360, wait until next week.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NIG

I had the 360. Its a nice system. Few good games. Nice features. Great Online. But the only thing i caught myself doing with it. Was tripping on the Visualizers and playing music thru the ipod. NCAA and MADDEN 06 are the same exact game, and both are god awful. And i expect Madden 07 for the 360 to be the same as NCAA except pros with new options and add ons. It is not worth the 500 dollars you will drop if you go out and get the system. You will regret it once you realize nothing good is out. a few good titles are soon going to be released. But with the Industry these days. I could guarantee 75% of them will get delayed. so you will have to struggle with boring stuff. I myself intend on using the money i got for selling my 360 towards purchasing the Wii, which i know will not be on the level of 360 or PS3 but the fun factor will the be through the roof. be smart. Save your money. and if you do decide to get the 360. and you want a game other than football. the only game i could tell you to get is Elder Scrolls. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oblivion is ridiculously good. Seriously all you need is that and a 360 and you will be set for a few months.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

blah. buy one next year when they're actually moderately reasonably priced.

anything over $200 for a system with a serious lack of worthwhile games is an utter joke, and the only thing worse is the number of 13-17 year olds who convinced their parents to spend $800 to buy one as soon as it came out.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the second i hear GTA:4 is coming out, im off to the store to buy one and rserve the game, i cant wait for that game, the rumored online multi-player will be amzing

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9

anything over $200 for a system with a serious lack of worthwhile games is an utter joke, and the only thing worse is the number of 13-17 year olds who convinced their parents to spend $800 to buy one as soon as it came out.
:? I spent $400.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-11-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

that's still far too much for something that my three year old computer out-performs.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's still far too much for something that my three year old computer out-performs.
For the hours upon hours of entertainment most people get from a 360, I think $400 is worth it.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Buckeyes-Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski

Too bad its a $600 dollar system and that the games previews were made off of apple servers because they were to self-concious to do it on their own, because they blow.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Im waiting to buy it too :)
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For the hours upon hours of entertainment most people get from a 360, I think $400 is worth it.
i'd agree if we all knew it wouldn't be half that in 8 months when there are actually some worthwhile games out.

i've just never seen the point in getting one immediately. the cost:fun ratio is just abysmal this early in release.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I doubt it will be 200 for the package I got when the PS3 comes out. :?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-11-2006, 12:52 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

it took about a year and a half for the original xbox's price to drop to $200. i fully expect the same from the new systems (as a relative drop. 360 at $250 wouldn't be a bad deal, but $400 is ridiculous and moreso when you consider that my parent's never bought me an HDTV [not a knock on anyone who has one, but i'm not about to buy a 1500$ TV just to take advnatge of the $400 system i just bought]).