Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gibril Wilson
Old 08-10-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
on this scouting magazine i got at the airport from sportingnews they have the top safetys like this

troy polamalu
bob sanders :shock:
ed reed

personaly,i think ed reed is overrated on this board
That is to high for Sanders
is that SS or just all safeties? cuz sanders doesnt play strong safety
all safetys
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
on this scouting magazine i got at the airport from sportingnews they have the top safetys like this

troy polamalu
ed reed

all safetys
1. Ed Reed.
2. Sean Taylor
3. Roy Williams
4. Troy Polamalu
5. Brian Dawkins
6. Bob Sanders
Old 08-10-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to say Roy Williams, but it's Ed Reed.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

troy polamalu
ed reed

all safetys
1. Ed Reed.
2. Sean Taylor
3. Roy Williams
4. Troy Polamalu
5. Brian Dawkins
6. Bob Sanders
i think b dawk is better then roy
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink

thats your opinon, i just posted mine
Old 08-10-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

troy polamalu
ed reed

A steelers fan thinks Ed Reed is over rated?!?

No way is he over rated
Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the mysterious member struck again, Roy Williams is just at 16, like 20 minutes ago he had 3 or 4.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink

Ed Reed this should be a landslide.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
the mysterious member struck again, Roy Williams is just at 16, like 20 minutes ago he had 3 or 4.
these people really need to stop
Old 08-10-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink

I voted for ed reed, and i just realize how overrated bob sanders is readin some of the stuff in here.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

troy polamalu
ed reed

No way is he over rated
read everything there before you type.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ed Reed

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
I voted for ed reed, and i just realize how overrated bob sanders is readin some of the stuff in here.
the thing that steelersfan43 posted was from some magazine. no one at all agreed with him as the 2nd best S in the nfl
Old 08-10-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
the thing that steelersfan43 posted was from some magazine. no one at all agreed with him as the 2nd best S in the nfl

It was actually the stuff in the FS thread when someone called him a playmaker.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was actually the stuff in the FS thread when someone called him a playmaker.
that was me and i said it cuz i wasnt thinking due to someone trying to tell me that ken hamlin and dwight smith were better than bob sanders
Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adam Archuleta is a beast. He will only become my beastler in Gregg Williams amazing defensive scheme. I voted Adam Archuleta.

Jk, Ed Reed. 16 interceptions in two seasons before he got hurt last season. :D

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

troy polamalu
ed reed

No way is he over rated
read everything there before you type.
I did read that thanks.

He is the best in the league, by far
Old 08-10-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

ed reed poll should be closed now hes up by 15

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my top 5 rankings:

Troy Polamalu ( Very Dimensional He can do it all)
Ed Reed (He is great and can also do most of it all)
Michael Lewis ( Great Coverage safety and can come up ad make a safe tackle)
Roy Williams ( An awesome hitter and good in coverage but not great)Rodney Harrison (He is a good all around safety)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what can Ed Reed not do?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink

Reed is a beast, he wins by 14 even with cheaters
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what can Ed Reed not do?
Um, he's not a great run stopper. I would say that he is just a little above average tackler, and doesn't have great power or explosion at the point of contact. That is the reason why people are always saying he is more of a FS, because he tends more towards coverage than run support.

The funny thing about Ed Reed is that people are simply going off of all the crazy ass interceptions they've seen him make. I must admit, when a certain player is continually able to make plays that seem like a mere right place/right time deal, it is usually a pretty good indicator that they just have that extra sense that is so hard to explain, but impossible to miss.

Reed might be the "best", but I had to vote for my boy Roy. He has become vastly underrated by this board, and even the national media as well, but he is truly a special player.

Polamolu is actually who is surprising me. He should be ahead of or at least neck and neck with Reed, but he has been left in the dust. There is no way that Reed is that much better than him.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has there been foul play with the ed reed votes?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Polamalu. He is by far the biggest impact of any of the top #3 guys. Williams is horrible in coverage and shouldn't have anywhere near as many votes as he does. Reed was injured for alot of last year and I'd like to see him play again before we say he is the best.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote