Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
pav

Panthers - Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Kemoeatu, Rucker

or

Vikings - Erasmus James, Pat williams, kevin williams, Udeze

i'd personally have to take the vikings. what do you think?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell? Only two options and one of them is the Vikings?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
LOL
Old 08-15-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Udeze and James are still relatively unproven. And Pat Williams is about over the hill. I'll take the Panthers.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 2 options and you choose the Vikings over the Panthers, hmm.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about the Baltimore Ravens? I think they have the best dline in the NFL. They have a poor man's Stroud/Henderson in Gregg/Ngata, they have Suggs who can play both DE and OLB, they have Adalius Thomas who can also do both, and they have Trevor Pryce who can play DE in the 4-3 and 3-4, and has the ability to drop into coverage. Their versatility is sick. They can literally throw any type of front 7/8 front at you and execute it with great results.

2nd place is Carolina IF Jenkins can stay healthy...they probably would be 1 on the list if Jenkins stays healthy...and theyre the more talented line overall...but I'm an Xs and Os guy, and the versatility of the Ravens line is where its at. They are near the level of Carolina's line, but also much more versatile.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
If you have some other team in mind, please feel free to put it up for discussion.

Also, was Kemoeatu a Raven last year??
Old 08-15-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chicago Bears, hands down.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with the Ravens you are counting on Ngata to be successful which some people may or may not agree with. The Panthers also have a very good Damoine Lewis who can come in a spell one of the two pick guys every once in a while. As a threesome they are very very good.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
ogunyele, brown, harris, tank williams (is he the other dt?)

i don't know about that, i'd take vikings and panthers over the bears d-line. The linebackers are probably the best, but not the d-line.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

i don't know about that, i'd take vikings and panthers over the bears d-line. The linebackers are probably the best, but not the d-line.
I wouldn't take the Panthers or the vikes over them. The Bears or Jaguars have the best DL in the NFL. I'd take the bears in a second
Old 08-15-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

I wouldn't take the Panthers or the vikes over them. The Bears or Jaguars have the best DL in the NFL. I'd take the bears in a second
Who are the jaguar defense ends?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

How old are you?

I like the Vikings D-line a lot but at this point you can't say they are better than the Bears. If James and Udeze have seasons comparable to the ones O-Gun and Alex Brown had last year then you could make that argument, but they haven't yet.

And Ian Scott is the other starter. If you want to make a list like this you should at least inform yourself on the other teams. Not to mention that depth is a HUGE component in terms of ranking defensive lines.

Here are some other options for consideration besides the Bears:
Jaguars
Chargers
Ravens
Steelers
Seahawks
Bucs (not really but I'll throw them out there anyway)

Old 08-15-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

Who are the jaguar defense ends?
Seriously kid, if you don't know anything about football, don't waste the space on the board to start a thread like this. No offense, but try to observe and learn a little bit before you start making threads of this nature.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

How old are you?

I like the Vikings D-line a lot but at this point you can't say they are better than the Bears. If James and Udeze have seasons comparable to the ones O-Gun and Alex Brown had last year then you could make that argument, but they haven't yet.

And Ian Scott is the other starter. If you want to make a list like this you should at least inform yourself on the other teams. Not to mention that depth is a HUGE component in terms of ranking defensive lines.

Jaguars
Chargers
Ravens
Steelers
Seahawks
why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
danman253

They are Reggie Hayward and Paul Spicer. I personally find Hayward very underrated, and SPicer is a decent starter. The problem with Carolina is that Jenkins is always hurt. Peppers is dominant, but Kemoeatu and Rucker are decent starters. Jacksonville has the most dominant pair of DTS in the NFL, and a pair of above average DE's makes them apretty good OL.

But as I said, the Bears are clearly number one. Tommie Harris is becoming an elite tackle in the NFL. Alex Brown is the most underrated end n the league. Ogunleye is a sack machine who dominates, and Tank Johnson and Ian Scott are strong #2's.
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

its tank johnson, and as BF_51 said Ian Scott is the starter and he's pretty good in his role
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

How old are you?

Jaguars
Chargers
Ravens
Steelers
Seahawks
why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
At least half the teams I named are unquestionably better than the Vikings D-Line.

Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

How old are you?

Jaguars
Chargers
Ravens
Steelers
Seahawks
The Seahawks will be beastly as soon as Daryl Tapp Replaces either Winstrom or Fischer. Bernard and Tubbs are one of the best pair of young DTs in the NFL
Old 08-15-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens are a good choice, although Ngata has not yet played a down in the NFL. I think the Bears have the most complete line in the NFL. Other lines have question marks, this one pretty much doesn't. The Jaguars are second IMO. They have the premier DT duo in the NFL, along with Reggie Hayward and Paul Spicer. Spicer you could call the line's question mark, because he's getting older and isn't a top pass-rusher like others on good lines are. But he is still an excellent run stuffer. He is comparable to Mike Rucker in these regards, although I don't think he's should be considered as good as Mike.

The Jaguars also have great depth at D-line: back-up DT/DE Rob Meier had 6 sacks in limited action last season, and third-down DE Bobby McCray has 9 sacks in his two seasons in the NFL in his limited time, along with 4 forced fumbles. If he shows more run-stopping ability, he could be considered the "REotF". Fifth-round pick Brent Hawkins, the DE from Illinois State, has been moved to OLB, but will get time as a "designated pass-rusher": lining up at DE on passing downs, coming off the edge on blitzes, that stuff. He's look great so far in TC and in the first game. Seventh-rounder DE James Wyche also seems to have potential in this department.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings? Really? Come on now. The best d-line in the NFL is a 3-way between Chicago, Carolina, and Jacksonville.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO