Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rattay to Raiders?

On ESPN,John Clayton is reporting that the Raiders are talking to FA QB Tim Rattay. If they sign him this could mean Calvin Johnson will be the 1st overall pick in the draft or this could just mean they are wanting a vetran QB to start ahead of JaMarcus Russell.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...attay-in-play/

Quote:
The agent for free agent quarterback Tim Rattay confirmed Wednesday morning he has talked to the Raiders about his client but little else.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Last edited by RaiderNation : 04-20-2007 at 05:13 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

al davis is looking to draft calvin, no doubt. Rattay is alright, but with the raiders recievers he could flourish. Rich Gannon, anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this would mean that Moss or/and Porter will be trade away before the season begins.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im surprised it has taken this long for Rattay fo find an interested team.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
this would mean that Moss or/and Porter will be trade away before the season begins.
why exactly?

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or maybe Rattay will just start till Russell is ready.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Rattay is like the blind spot of NFL QBing.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its noticable that Al wants Calvin Johnson and who wouldnt but would Tim Rattay be that much of an upgrade with him and Walter?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Or maybe Rattay will just start till Russell is ready.
i doubt it. i think davis is looking for any capable starting quaterback so he can draft CJ21.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

IMO CJ should or will start at once, so Moss and Porter will not be happy about their situation and that will effect the chemistry of the team.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
IMO CJ should or will start at once, so Moss and Porter will not be happy about their situation and that will effect the chemistry of the team.
Porter wants to be on this team and he will be the 2nd WR and Curry will be 3rd, Moss will be Moss

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-20-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

IMO Porter will play for Raiders next season, Moss not if we draft CJ.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this makes sense because of Rattay's experience in the offense. Doesn't mean the Raiders won't draft Russell, because Rattay isn't a long term solution, but with a new offense and an experienced QB running it, the entire Raider offense will look much better. Add CJ to the mix, who could be a dominant west coast reciever, making plays in traffic like Terrell Owens in his prime and running after the catch, combined with a top 10 defense, and you might have something.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I think this makes sense because of Rattay's experience in the offense. Doesn't mean the Raiders won't draft Russell, because Rattay isn't a long term solution, but with a new offense and an experienced QB running it, the entire Raider offense will look much better. Add CJ to the mix, who could be a dominant west coast reciever, making plays in traffic like Terrell Owens in his prime and running after the catch, combined with a top 10 defense, and you might have something.
i think that if rattay is signed than the raiders dont draft a quarterback in the first. Maybe Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, or Troy Smith

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i think that if rattay is signed than the raiders dont draft a quarterback in the first. Maybe Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, or Troy Smith
troy smith....yuck

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

Quote:
i can only agree, but it's maybe only my hope to get the best player of this draft at that point.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
troy smith....yuck
well, you know. If they dont get the first two, then they pretty much have to take him IMO. i think they will snag stanton in the third. Maybe Kevin Kolb. IDK i juust am sure that if they get rattay than they wont take russell.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
well, you know. If they dont get the first two, then they pretty much have to take him IMO. i think they will snag stanton in the third. Maybe Kevin Kolb. IDK i juust am sure that if they get rattay than they wont take russell.
we still have a young qb...Andrew Walter, so i think if its not Russell,Edwards or Stanton, i doubt we go QB until the late rounds

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
troy smith....yuck
Yay someone who agrees with my hatred of Troy "Kordell Part Deux" Smith! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we still have a young qb...Andrew Walter, so i think if its not Russell,Edwards or Stanton, i doubt we go QB until the late rounds
Andrew Walter....double yuck!

Warning Bears fans: Rattay is coming for you again if he signs with Oakland!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a good signing no matter who the Raiders decide to take at #1. I don't know how Kiffin feels, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with Andrew Walter as: (1) my opening-day starter; (2) my back-up quarterback should the starter go down to injury; and (3) a tutor to Jamarcus Russell if he is in fact selected. Not that Rattay is Trent Dilfer, who is perfect for young quarterback Alex Smith, but Rattay's essentially as good as it gets right now with who's available.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rattay's gonna solve all the problems???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Phrost

I love how Raiders fans and Al Davis are looking for excuses for not taking Russell! LOL
Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can rule out Russell if the Raiders sign Tim Rattay. No one, not even Al Davis, thinks Tim Rattay is a long-term solution at QB.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Rattay should not alter anyone's draft plans.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote