Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Jesse Armstead thread

BBD had a good idea with the Dave Brown thread, so I'm taking the other side and making a Jesse Armstead thread. This thread is all the little good things that make us happy. Whether it be a hustle play, a late round rookie making an impact etc. I named it Armstead b/c he was a late 7th round pick and did all the little things right and is beloved by many fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll start off with Chase Blackburn. This kid was an undrafted FA, and just plays with such energy and looks like he's having fun. always hustles, and just makes me smile :)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that this offense has the guts to kick thier game up a notch in the truly big situations.

Also Jessie Armstead is a great example of why having an injury or something in college shouldnt effect anything. college players (with a couple exceptions such as small WR's and RB's) who had an injury or 2 in college can turn into great steals like Armstead.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love what Toomer did in the first Eagles game. Talk about heart. They had to carry him off the field. Thats what I call a player. A great professional who shuts up and does his job, puts it all on the line, and let's his play do the talking.

Not once did I ever hear him moan about our practices or Eli's throws etc. Not once. We need more Toomers on this team.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gotta love what Toomer did in the first Eagles game. Talk about heart. They had to carry him off the field. Thats what I call a player. A great professional who shuts up and does his job, puts it all on the line, and let's his play do the talking.

Not once did I ever hear him moan about our practices or Eli's throws etc. Not once. We need more Toomers on this team.
Not to mention giving money back to the team to increase salary cap room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Indeed. Amani Toomer is one of my all-time favorite players on the Giants and the NFL. He has been such a good player and has also been such a great team player.

I hope Amani has a great year for us, not only because it'd be nice for our team, but because I think he deserves it.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

it makes me giggle when Tim Lewis was fired, and then hired as a secondary coach :)
Quote:
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it makes me giggle when Tim Lewis was fired, and then hired as a secondary coach :)
Of all the things he got hired for....SECONDARY COACH?????

Ahahaha, wow.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Of all the things he got hired for....SECONDARY COACH?????

Ahahaha, wow.
yea, he's carolina's secondary coach. imagine the fun Gamble and Lucas will have turning their nice young careers into garbage. poor guys

somewhere, Corey Webster is laughing at them
Quote:
Old 04-24-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gibril Wilson, love him, he was a 5th rounder and is our last defense. He always hustles and he got Garcia pissed and made him peg him with the ball after the play to get a penalty which led to a Demps interception on the next play, even though we lost.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-27-2007 at 04:19 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

here's my first positive of the draft. Reese got some BPA's and also filled some needs. a huge pick was DeOssie in the 4th. i love the ross pick, a mature playmaker who can fill in right away. Reese made me excited about this team, now and for the future.

He got our DC's opinion in drafting and drafted guys to his plan. no more picking a man CB and putting him in zone(cough cough Webster and Lewis)
Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High character guys. I love 'em. Reese seemed to really go for all high character guys with all our picks, with maybe the exception of Bradshaw in the 7th. However, I'm okay with us taking a questionable character guy in the 7th Round because from there if anything comes up he can easily be cut.

Props to Reese for not only getting great players in the Draft, but continuing the tradition of making us, in my opinion, the premire team and organization for high character players.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I also love how we got character guys.

Ive been saying throughout the offseason that I wanted high character guys who play with instincts and spend time in the film room. Smart guys who are competitive and dedicated to the sport.

And thats exactly what Reese did. I love it. We need that. Every team who realistically wants a championship needs that. Its not about how fast you can run, its about knowing where to run. Thats why the Patriots are so mentally tough and are never out for the count. Theyre flooded with guys like this. Reese is building our team in the right direction. And I love it.

I love the fact that we're one of the best character teams in the league. Sure, Shockey and Plax run their mouth now and again, but Im talking about off the field behavior.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why are these two thread stickied? Nobody has posted in them for about a month.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Why are these two thread stickied? Nobody has posted in them for about a month.
they're mainly made for the season...
Quote:
Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

the fact that Bradshaw and Boss, 2 late round picks, are impressing alot at camp so far. Bradshaw looks great and fluid with his cuts and looks like he'll be an elusive back for us. Boss is looking Shockey like with making nice grabs. Also Osi is abusing everyone so far, which is good for him, he's gonna emerge as a top 5 DE this year, but hopefully they were against Whimper and Koets and not so much Diehl
Quote:
Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bradshaw is really making me happy, I put some videos of him at marshall in that thread and in those clips you can see that while he isn't huge or super fast he is a smart runner who just knows how to get forward. And hearing that he's been doing good in camp is making me feel better and better about him contrasting Jacobs.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote