Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.
Only in the very short term. Its much easier to learn a playbook than to learn to read defenses more quickly.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.
This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.
It depends on the situation of the team more than the player himself. Also the fact that Leinart missed all that time isn't gonna help him.
even with that missed time he could still be ready to play this year whereas Young won't be ready to start this year no matter what.
How?? Young has picked up the playbook much faster than mcnair did when he was a rookie, he'll be ready to see some starting time at the end of the season. Leinart start this year?? he is in green dog house right now and will have to show something this preseason.
Young is stil extremely raw at making reads on the defense. He may be picking up on the playbook but he isn't ready to run a team and make the right reads and plays.
he is allready a better leader than Volek IMO, but yes he is raw, but has showed improvements with reading defensive plays, i'm not worried about play calling right now, we will be running alot of shorgun plays(Compared to what Chow did last year) early in his career.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Clemons cause Pennington is always hurt, and Patrick Ramsey belongs in the CFL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clemmens has a good chance, it all depends if Pennington and Ramsey stay healthy.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.
This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.
its more because of the talent of the QB in front of them than it is NFL-readiness that will decide who plays first.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Young. There's already been many rumors that the Titans definitely want to get him in at some point in the season, and I heard a rumor recently that he might start from week 1.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Vincent Young. There's already been many rumors that the Titans definitely want to get him in at some point in the season, and I heard a rumor recently that he might start from week 1.
Start a series each half is what I've heard.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
Leinart due to injury to Kurt Warner.
No Chad will get hurt before Warner i say Kellon Clemons.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any of these QB's starting very quick, but I think Matt Leinart has te best chance to start first.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote