Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Larry Johnson being offered in trade talks...

http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/78663.html
Old 04-21-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=7278
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in 2007 draft section

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that does not make any sense to me truthfully. i mean lets say they move up or something and they pick marshawn lynch and get a couple of extra picks- is that really worth it? johnson is a franchise HB and this is a mediocre draft

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Three Step Drop

Seems that KC are willing to sacrifice LJ to develop the franchise. If they lost both Green and Johnson then it would be a long rebuilding process in KC.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
that does not make any sense to me truthfully. i mean lets say they move up or something and they pick marshawn lynch and get a couple of extra picks- is that really worth it? johnson is a franchise HB and this is a mediocre draft
Yeah but he has attitude problems.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is just the media making something out of nothing but you never know?

"As reported Friday, Johnson is working out with the team, has not threatened a hold out and hasn’t demanded a trade."

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/637402.html
Old 04-21-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't this already been posted?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Hasn't this already been posted?
Two or three times.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Makes sense for KC. Especially if they get more than just an extra first out of the deal.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Makes sense for KC. Especially if they get more than just an extra first out of the deal.
that sig is too long

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
stop making so many threads, asshat...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Steel Curtain XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
I'm stealing that word!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Curtain XL View Post
I'm stealing that word!!!
here, I'll illustrate it for you!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
here, I'll illustrate it for you!

Reminds me of that southpark episode...
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
Oh shut up, this isn't a bad thread except it's a repost, which the original post has a bad title and should be in this section.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Give the guy a ******* contract already... You don't trade your best player for draft picks.. especially one as talented as LJ...

Herm Edwards = Death to an organization..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Give the guy a ******* contract already... You don't trade your best player for draft picks.. especially one as talented as LJ...

Herm Edwards = Death to an organization..
They'd need to trade Green or renegotiate his large deal for them to get anything done.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I find a trade highly unlikely, but hardly unfeasible. After all, we're used to looking at Johnson as the face of the Chiefs organization....but who's to say how they feel about him behind closed doors?

LJ's contract is up next year. From what little know about Johnson personally, I expect he's anticipating a huge payday....probably the richest RB contract ever.

If this is the case and the Chiefs don't feel that he's worth a $50M contract, then they very well might try to deal him in a blockbuster trade this year; otherwise, he's walking next year for nothing more than a comp pick in '09.

(Of course, they can and probably will tag him next year if a deal isn't reached....but then they have to spend a year hearing about how he's being unappreciated and disrespected.)
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
I find a trade highly unlikely, but hardly unfeasible. After all, we're used to looking at Johnson as the face of the Chiefs organization....but who's to say how they feel about him behind closed doors?

LJ's contract is up next year. From what little know about Johnson personally, I expect he's anticipating a huge payday....probably the richest RB contract ever.

If this is the case and the Chiefs don't feel that he's worth a $50M contract, then they very well might try to deal him in a blockbuster trade this year; otherwise, he's walking next year for nothing more than a comp pick in '09.

(Of course, they can and probably will tag him next year if a deal isn't reached....but then they have to spend a year hearing about how he's being unappreciated and disrespected.)
But where would you anticipate him going?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

Easy ... there are a few places where LJ would be welcomed with open arms.

I think the Cleveland is looking for a feature back regardless of them bringing in Jamal Lewis because frankly in my head they are going to select either Quinn or Russell with the 3rd pick in the draft and will theoretically be a couple late first day lineman and a RB away from a solid start to a good offense.

I could see Cleveland making a deal because Crennel needs to win NOW to save his job and might be willing to sell the farm for a proven runner like LJ.

Another possible scenario I see is the NYG. They recently lost a stud RB in Tiki Barber and to my knowledge haven't really replaced him and with LJ's fascination with Jay-Z and Roc a Fella and all that I could see him very appreciative of a trade the big apple because he spends most of his time there anyways when he's not playing football.

Those are two possible locations and if given time I could probably come up with more.

Out.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

wow I hope this happens but I doubt it.If it did Oakland could sweep KC.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ won't go anywhere, I also think he gets a bad rap for being a quiet, angry runner. He's not a problem, cancer or whatever and if KC wants to trade him, now is the time, especially if he wants big money in return.......
Old 04-22-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

KC is a very old team, it makes no sense to trade away there best player who is also young. Getting rid of Green cause he's old makes sense, but getting rid of your young star and keeping the old isn't a winning formula.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we got the right trade in the works I'd trade him. But I love LJ. He doesn't have much wear and tear and MBennett will do better getting bout 5-10 carries a game from LJ so LJ can hover around the 320-350 range carries wise so he can last longer than 2 more years.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote