Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Units in NFL

It's a slow day so far, so come up with who you think has the best units position by position in the NFL.

Quarterbacks: (kinda hard to do because of the lack of quality backups in the league)
1. Indianapolis
2. New England

Runningbacks:
1. Jacksonville
2. New Orleans

Wide Receivers:
1. Indianapolis
2. Arizona

Offensive Line:
1. Philadelphia
2. Washington

Defensive line:
1. Jacksonville
2. Baltimore

Linebackers:
1. Baltimore
2. Chicago (assuming Briggs plays this year)

Secondary
1. Baltimore
2. Philadelphia
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I'd do it, but I think it would be more appropraite after the draft because there maybe be some big changes.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It's a slow day so far, so come up with who you think has the best units position by position in the NFL.

Quarterbacks: (kinda hard to do because of the lack of quality backups in the league)
1. Indianapolis
2. New England

Runningbacks:
1. Jacksonville
2. New Orleans

Wide Receivers:
1. Indianapolis
2. Arizona

Offensive Line:
1. Philadelphia
2. Washington

Defensive line:
1. Jacksonville
2. Baltimore

Linebackers:
1. Baltimore
2. Chicago (assuming Briggs plays this year)

Secondary
1. Baltimore
2. Philadelphia

San Diego should be number one on that running back list, I dont want to sound like a homer, but Tomlinson is the best in the game, and Turner's not a bum himself. No way does Jax and New Orleans have better then that.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this is going to get really ugly really quickly.

I will say that you really can't look at QB depth as a "unit". Ideally, your starter is your starter, and the backups are there as insurance.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quarterbacks: Indy, New England, Cincy (Based just on starters)
Running Backs: San Diego, New Orleans
Wide Recievers: Arizona, Indy, Cincy
O-Line: Philadelphia, San Diego
D-Line: Jacksonville, Baltimore
Linebackers: Chicago(w/ Briggs), Baltimore
Secondary: Baltimore, Denver

Actaully, aside from RB I agree with most all of your picks.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait until this turns into a homer thread. Where are all the Dallas fans saying that their secondary is better?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

QB: Colts, Patriots

RB: Chargers, Saints

WR: Cardinals, Colts

OL: Eagles, Redskins

DL: Patriots, Ravens

LB: Ravens, Chargers

DB: Ravens, Raiders
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I can't wait until this turns into a homer thread. Where are all the Dallas fans saying that their secondary is better?
The only player in their secondary worth talking about is Newman. I think the guy is a legitimate top three corner, but beyond him, I'm not impressed.

Everytime I watch Anthony Henry, he gets burned. Roy Williams' strength in the run game doesn't overcome what an absolute liability he is in pass coverage. And their free safety situation? It's laughable.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
denver should be on there for lineb... oh, right.... seconda... oh, nevermind.... offensive lin.... dang.

i'm not sold on new orleans right now for running back, although i don't really feel that strongly about them.
In terms of a unit, they're pretty awesome. They have a great power runner in McAllister who is one of the top backs in the league (top 5) and the best 3rd down back in the league.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
QB: Colts, Patriots

RB: Chargers, Saints

WR: Cardinals, Colts

OL: Eagles, Redskins

DL: Patriots, Ravens

LB: Ravens, Chargers

DB: Ravens, Raiders
Even as a charger fan, I don't think our linebacker unit is the second best in the league. Maybe last year, With Merriman, Edwards, Godfrey, and Phillips, but just that they are unproven this year in the middle with Wilhelm and Cooper kinda eliminates them from that. Personaly I feel they're great there, but you have to give the edge to Chicago I feel there.
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
denver should be on there for lineb... oh, right.... seconda... oh, nevermind.... offensive lin.... dang.

i'm not sold on new orleans right now for running back, although i don't really feel that strongly about them.
If it wasn't for the Al Wilson cut, they'd have been number one on my list.

And I'm not necessarily sold on New Orleans at running back, either, especially Bush. But I like the versatility they have in their backfield. I suppose I could replace them with San Diego.

I really do believe, though, that Jacksonville has the best backfield and the league, and that it's pretty uncontested.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I agree that New Orleans has a top notch group of RB's. Arguably the best overall group in the league in terms of dynamic playmakers and contributors. Dallas could make an argument, as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If it wasn't for the Al Wilson cut, they'd have been number one on my list.

And I'm not necessarily sold on New Orleans at running back, either, especially Bush. But I like the versatility they have in their backfield. I suppose I could replace them with San Diego.

I really do believe, though, that Jacksonville has the best backfield and the league, and that it's pretty uncontested.
How do you put Jacksonville above San Diego and New Orleans?

Tomlinson is far and away the best RB in the league. Turner is a great backup.

McAllister is better than anybody Jacksonville has by quite a margin. Bush and Jones-Drew are comparable at this point in their careers.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:

You could make it an argument...but how in the world can you say its uncontested. You have San Diego with the best running back in the game, and a guy in Michael Turner, who whether you feel is overrated or not as a starter has done nothing but amaze in San Diego in his role. Then you have Jax with an aging and injury-prone Taylor, and a second year running back Jones-Drew who did a great job. Not to mention San Diego has the best fullback in the game too. You can make an argument for Jax, but how could you think it is uncontested?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably get called a homer. But Green Bay's got a good QB Unit. Favre is good when he had a line last year and Rodgers is a first rounder w/ great potential.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I'll probably get called a homer. But Green Bay's got a good QB Unit. Favre is good when he had a line last year and Rodgers is a first rounder w/ great potential.
If you're considering depth with the QB position then yeah, I would say thats a fair assessment. It's hard to consider depth with QB though, because so many of the backups havent seen action including Rodgers.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB: Colts
RB: Chargers
WR: Cardinals
TE: Broncos
OL: Redskins

DL: Ravens/Patriots
LB: Patriots (Thomas-Vrabel-Bruschi-Colvin)
DB: Ravens

ST: Bears
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think we should throw out the QB category, unless you're going to talk about backup QB's. Starters really shouldn't be considered, IMO. Starting QB's play every snap when they are healthy and not completely sucking.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles have the best OLine in the league. Their starting unit is excellent, and they have quality depth to boot. The Skins are pretty good, but they lost Dockery, and Randy Thomas is on the decline.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Eagles have the best OLine in the league. Their starting unit is excellent, and they have quality depth to boot. The Skins are pretty good, but they lost Dockery, and Randy Thomas is on the decline.
This is proabably where I'll start coming off like much more of a homer, but the Chargers O-Line isn't to shabby either. Two pro-bowlers in McNeill and Hardwick, with Dielman and Goff at guards, and Olivea probably the weak link at RT. Especially if you factor in TE's with Gates and Manemaleuna.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
This is proabably where I'll start coming off like much more of a homer, but the Chargers O-Line isn't to shabby either. Two pro-bowlers in McNeill and Hardwick, with Dielman and Goff at guards, and Olivea probably the weak link at RT. Especially if you factor in TE's with Gates and Manemaleuna.
Chargers offensive line is definitely up there. McNeil was the big addition they needed to turn the corner.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm fine with Eagles and Chargers at the top 2. The Redskins are up there, but not best in the league. The thing is, the Eagles have been consistently top 5 in the league, when healthy, for the last 7 years or so. The Chargers have been good, but they've finally jumped to great.

GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about the Rams recieving core:

Torry Holt
Isaac Bruce
Drew Bennett
Randy McMichael
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Not as overall dominant as the Colts and Cardinals.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do realize the Anthony Henry put up the best numbers of any number 2 CB...and Aaron Glenn put up the best numbers of any #3 corner. I won't get started on Tnew...he is what he is. Sure Roy can't cover...but he is one of the best intimidators in the game. FS is a bit in the air...but the addition of Ken Hamlin makes the situation a little better.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote