Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Taylor played a flex DE/LB in the Miami scheme. I think he will stick with that role under Cameron.
exactly

over 75% of the time he is in a OLB position as we play a 75% 3-4 and 4-3 the other 25% of the time.

So primarily he is in the LB core for our team. :)

yep, We signed Don Capers to the largest contract for an assistant in the NFL to keep running the system since it has been good for us so far.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Oh okay, don't watch the dolphins all that closely, just thought he was always a DE...my mistake.
no worries commonly people think that :) He has been doing this role for 2 years now.

I dont know if we are the best LB core but I think we get into the debate at least (or mentioned at least :) ).

Those Denver linebackers are pretty scary for a group.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can any dolphins fan tell me why Taylor only had 2.5 sacks his 3rd year in the league...after putting up 5 and 9 the year before and 14.5 the year after.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
no worries commonly people think that :) He has been doing this role for 2 years now.

I dont know if we are the best LB core but I think we get into the debate at least (or mentioned at least :) ).

Those Denver linebackers are pretty scary for a group.
Yeah that certainly puts them in that debate, especially if Porter can play like he did 2-3 years ago. If Wilhelm and Cooper had proved more before this season, I would be pushing for San Diego at LB, but we'll have to wait until after the season for that one :)
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recall that Taylor had a shoulder injury that he played through, but I cannot remember what year this was. I'll leave it to the Phins fans.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Can any dolphins fan tell me why Taylor only had 2.5 sacks his 3rd year in the league...after putting up 5 and 9 the year before and 14.5 the year after.
He was playing on a bum ankle and a sprained knee all year. (I believe it was later found to be broken in one or two places). He also had a broken Collarbone too and missed some games for that then as well earlier on in the year. If you are talking about 1999? The last year of Jimmy/Danny :(

That was the year we went to the playoffs and beat Seattle then flew back across country. I drove up to jacksonville and I dont remember much after that. I spent over 300 in beer that day because I wanted to drink myself to oblivion after a certain game.

That was the last year he actually missed a game I believe. He has a streak of like over 98 straight games or over 100 games now played a in. Pretty durable now for a DE/OLB.

Be interesting to see how long he goes, but this is off-topic :)

Last edited by Finsfan79 : 04-24-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Roy Williams
337tack/6.5sack/17int/3td/33passdefensed

Ed Reed
328tack/4sack/27int/3td/36passdefensed

Putting Roy up against the best S in the game...doesn't look half bad to me.
might have been missed earlier

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you put forth those stats, you are absolutely correct. However, how many times was Roy absolutely beaten on a deep route where he bit on a PA so badly, that he was out of the play completely? How often was Roy put out there to cover a slot WR or a TE or a RB? BBD is right. You have to look at metrics as a somewhat helpful tool rather than a real solution to a debate. Roy Williams is a very good player and a ridiculous tackler, but his pass cover skills are very suspect.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those stats don't involve the players presence and how it is felt by the other team.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Um yes. I'm pretty sure Anderson had double digit sacks last year, if i recall correctly. I'll take Chicago's interior lineman over Baltimores any day.
Then give me Baltimore's interior lineman EVERYDAY! Kelly Gregg, Trevor Pryce, Haloti Ngata, Justin Bannan, Dwan Edwards, Terrell Suggs on certain plays, yeah thats a hell of a line. Not to mention what Dan Cody will do since when healthy he has played all over the line and whatever draft picks come in.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Unit-by-unit analysis

Quarterback
1A. New England Patriots
1B. Indianapolis Colts
3. St. Louis Rams
Obviously Brady and Manning are the major anchors, but both the Pats and Colts have promising young talents brewing behind those two giants in Cassel and Sorgi/Navarre. And the Rams come in third thanks to having a starter in Bulger as well as one of the best back-ups in the league in Frerotte.

Runningback
1. New Orleans Saints
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
It didn't take long to give the Saints my top pick, with that incomparable duo of McAllister and Bush as well as having Aaron Stecker as the third back on the depth chart who can spell a few carries/catches himself. I'm not sold on the Burner, but LT is the best back in the league, so San Diego gets the nod at #2. The Jags make the list thanks to a loaded backfield of Taylor, Drew, and Jones.

Receiver
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Chicago Bears
I'm including Dallas Clark as a slot receiver to the Colts, as on a pure WR level, the Cards trio of Boldin/Firzgerald/Johnson is beastly and better than anyone else in the league. They don't make more plays than the Colts' trio of Harrison/Wayne/Clark however, and are not as experienced and durable, so they get bumped to #2. I'll gladly give the Bears' underrated group of Berrian/Muhammed/Bradley/Clark the nod over the Bengals as: (1) Johnson (who I love) is terribly overrated; (2) Henry hurts the team as much as he helps it with his mental make-up and lack of desire; and 3) the Bengals have nothing to speak of from their tight ends.

Offensive Line
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Indianapolis Colts
That Eagles offensive line has more talent than any other in the league. The Chargers have a good line, although the long-term status of Marcus McNeil is very much in question with his back condition. I can't give the Washington line the nod over the Colts, as the Colts' line with Manning is as good in pass pro as Washington's line is in run blocking, but I'll take the Colts' line to run block than I would Washington's line to pass block.

Defensive Line
1A. Baltimore Ravens
1B. New England Patriots
3. San Diego Chargers
The Ravens have the best 4-3 line in the league with Pryce/Ngata/Gregg/Suggs and the Patriots have the best 3-4 line in the league with Seymour/Wilfork/Warren, and I'll just call it a tie. Much as I love those two beasties in the middle at Jacksonville, their pass rush from their ends leave enough to be desired such that I'll put the Chargers' impressive line of Castillo/Williams/Olshansky at third.

Linebacker
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Baltimore Ravens
The Packers have the most-balanced set of linebackers imo as well as a thumper in Hodge on the bench (a liability in coverage however). I also like the Dolphins' group, obviously including Jason Taylor thanks to play as 3-4 OLB in recent years, and the Ravens still have a great core despite the loss of Adalius Thomas - assuming they can stay healthy that is. As impressive as the Patriots' starting four of Colvin/Bruschi/Vrabel/Thomas is on paper, I can't put it in my top three until they see the field, plus I still think they could use a young ILB to improve their current coverage ability.

Secondary
1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Chicago Bears
Samari Rolle is a weakness for the Ravens, but the Ravens can obviously manage. Allthough the Eagles have the best starting duo of corners in the league in Shepherd and Brown, they are unimpressive at strong safety and third/nickel corner. The Bears not only have the best trio of corners in the league with Tillman/Vasher/Manning Jr., but Archuleta is an excellent addition to make sure they don't miss a beat at strong safety, whether or not Mike Brown is with the team, and Manning is a very talented, young player who needs to continue gaining experience at free safety. The Bears could very well move up this list.

Last edited by Geo : 05-02-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants DL!!! well sorta- our DE's all around are the best, and I'd love to see your starting DT have 2 INT's in one year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The only player in their secondary worth talking about is Newman. I think the guy is a legitimate top three corner, but beyond him, I'm not impressed.

Everytime I watch Anthony Henry, he gets burned. Roy Williams' strength in the run game doesn't overcome what an absolute liability he is in pass coverage. And their free safety situation? It's laughable.
Henry was hurt all year, and when healthy he is a great #2 CB. And Hamlin should bring some stability to the FS position. That said, I still don't think we have a top 2 secondary. They are good, maybe top 5, but not top 2. If Roy williams returns to pro-bowl form they can be in the discussion, but not right now.

And even if you guys hate T.O., our WRs have to be in this discussion. Don't forget about patrick crayton as well.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Um yes. I'm pretty sure Anderson had double digit sacks last year, if i recall correctly. I'll take Chicago's interior lineman over Baltimores any day.
id take Gregg + Ngata over Harris. 2 heads is better than 1

Anderson had sacks..oh big deal. Ravens were the best defense and it starts with the 4 men down in the trenches.

Pryce: 13 sacks
Suggs: 9.5 sacks

Ogun: 6.5 sacks
Brown: 7 sacks
^all were full time starters.
Anderson had 12 sacks but why wasnt he a starter if hes so good? Hes still got to develope as an all around player.

why do people try to use #s as a metric to the best unit? like this situation and Roy vs Ed ?

Last edited by remix 6 : 04-24-2007 at 02:50 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding the first post in this thread, I'm not sure the Eagles and Skins have the best O-lines.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Regarding the first post in this thread, I'm not sure the Eagles and Skins have the best O-lines.
Id say the Eagles do, but I don't know about the Skins anymore. SD has a pretty good oline.

NE's oline is vastly underrated.

NO's Oline is up there.

Indy's of course is real good.

Am I missing anyone?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
i think they do..pretty sure about Skins..very underrated OL..helped Portis get 1000 before..now Betts

Brunnel got sacked 12 times in 9 games while Campbell 7 times in 7 games..i think thats pretty good considering who Brunell is. They have 3 pretty good guys in Samuels-Thomas-Jansen
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Id say the Eagles do, but I don't know about the Skins anymore. SD has a pretty good oline.

NO's Oline is up there.

Am I missing anyone?
i think Jaguars have a pretty good OL or am i wrong?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

NO's Oline is up there.

Am I missing anyone?
Well I wasn't originally take into account all the guys retired in KC. Forgot about that. But you can never count out Denver with their style. I mean just looking up numbers even the Giants O-line is right on par with the Eagles/Skins even with losing our LT for half the season. We gave up similar amounts of sacks, and rushed for just as much if not more. I know that doesn't say it all but I'm not ready to proclaim the Skins and Eagles as the best O-lines in the NFL. A lot of teams are right on par with them.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
yeah, i'd rather have had gerard warren and michael myers by the same awful logic. great argument.

yeah, let me throw out some stats, but use others to prove that "my" guys are still better. flawless logic.

because people like you are unable to coherently argue against them?
psshh DT's for sacks? the giants use there's for much needed INTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Remind me to punch Tim Lewis in the face.

ONLY TIM LEWIS....has the genius to spy Brian Westbrook with William Joseph.

I couldn't even try to be that stupid.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This thread has become incredibly painful.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

NO's Oline is up there.

Am I missing anyone?
Our line is pretty underrated... although, at times we do look average. We greatly need to improve our running block as well.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

What is "our line"? I'm not sure which one you mean.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Psshh! The Bears use their DT's for Touchdowns and destroying linebackers at the line of scrimmage.

SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote