Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To qualify as a "unit," I believe you need to have at least two starters.

RB - New Orleans
WR - Arizona
OL - Philadelphia
DL - Baltimore
LB - Chicago
DB - Oakland

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
To qualify as a "unit," I believe you need to have at least two starters.

RB - New Orleans
WR - Arizona
OL - Philadelphia
DL - Baltimore
LB - Chicago
DB - Oakland
Turner isn't a starter? Right now If I was looking for a RB I'd rather give Turner 25 rushing attempts than Bush.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
What is "our line"? I'm not sure which one you mean.
The Saints.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Turner isn't a starter? Right now If I was looking for a RB I'd rather give Turner 25 rushing attempts than Bush.
He mostly gets his carries in clean-up time or at least after LT has done the "heavy lifting"... I don't really consider him a starter either.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints line is very unheralded. I will definitely agree with you on that. They have some moments of inconsistency, but they are getting better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
raidersfan86
Rookie

raidersfan86 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Raiders have the best secondary imo
raidersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
True, but Bush is the vastly superior talent. And his 12-carries, 5-catches, will change a game much more so than Turner's 18-20 carries ever will. McAllister, when he was a healthy feature back, was a top-5 RB. Add unto that, Reggie Bush is already among the best receiving RBs in the NFL today.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
The Saints line is very unheralded. I will definitely agree with you on that. They have some moments of inconsistency, but they are getting better.
Agreed. We really struggle against extremely athletic defensive lines (Ravens & Bears) and especially 3-4 schemes, but the good thing about our line is that they are mostly extremely young. Not to mention that I think Zach Strief is going to be a damned good guard in the league.

bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think Bush's presence as a decoy and out of the backfield also opens up lanes and space for the other players. Bush's main rivals in that respect are Westbrook and Maurice Jones-Drew. These 3 backs are so dynamic and effective as safety valves, that they can help the entire offense just by being on the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Shiver
Icon

I wonder how many people will call me out on my; "Oakland has the best DBs" pick.

Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, but Bush is the vastly superior talent. And his 12-carries, 5-catches, will change a game much more so than Turner's 18-20 carries ever will.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. With the right coach Bush could be more productive that way. Which is why Peyton is perfect for him. He is creative. Not that many coaches are as creative as he was this past season.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Add unto that, Reggie Bush is already among the best receiving RBs in the NFL today.
I think you could make an argument that he's the best. But it's highly up to debate. The only backs that are even on his level in my opinion is Brian Westbrook and LT.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I wonder how many people will call me out on my; "Oakland has the best DBs" pick.
I think it's harder to see results in Oakland due to the overall weakness of the front 7, especially at OLB. The Oakland D is improving, and the current secondary is very underrated. I think that if they can get better production from guys like Thomas Howard, Oakland's D could win some games for their team by themselves. Of course, the offense will have to perform.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't see how many people would call you out. It really isn't that ludicrous of a statement.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I think you could make an argument that he's the best. But it's highly up to debate. The only backs that are even on his level in my opinion is Brian Westbrook and LT.

Steven Jackson, as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think you can categorize Bush with LT. I think Bush, Westbrook, and Jones-Drew are a group. You can probably put Chester Taylor, Warrick Dunn, Ryan Moats, JJ Arrington, Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch, and Lorenzo Booker in that category.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Steven Jackson, as well.
Damn you. *shakes fist*

Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Don't forget Jackson, B. He had 43 catches in '05, and he wasn't even the primary 3DRB. Without Faulk, he had 90 catches, for 800 yards, on a 9 Y.P.C clip.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

LT has significant pop between the tackles and can also catch out of the backfield. Guys who share this skill set, IMO: McGahee, Jackson, Edge, Ronnie Brown, Kevin Jones, etc.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think you can categorize Bush with LT.
In comparison just based on runningbacks that have the ability to catch the ball, I think you can. How they are used in doing so is another subject matter.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You can compare them, but there are significant differences. If you use 2 players pretty differently, then it becomes more difficult to make a legitimate comparison.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett hopefully soon they will be the top LB tandem

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

No love for Hodge?

Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
No love for Hodge?
I like Hodge but who knows what we are going to do, if he is going to move to the outside or Barnett is going to move to the outside. Right now im happy with Poppinga, Barnett and Hawk and Hodge as a backup.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch me say it in the next post and get credit for it.

muhahahahaha