Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
JDRaymond

I dont want to get ahead of myself just after one game but Plummer was horrible with 3 picks. I know cutler is a rookie but look at his preseason stats 40-62 for 561 yards, 4 td 1 int, and a qb rating of 108.3. I know that was mainly against second team defenses but if plummer plays bad in week two iam all for the broncos playing cutler.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

95% of rookie QB's play miserable football in year one. Shanahan isn't going to turn to Cutler until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs or close to it, anything else and he would be giving up on the season and I don't think he is prepared to do so. The same goes for Tony Romo in Dallas.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Denver is a system where a rookie QB could win, a la Big Ben. If Denver starts off 0-3, I think Cutler will be named the starter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler will not play this year, no matter what.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos believe they are Super Bowl contenders right now. Yes, they had a poor week 1, and Plummer reeked. However, I don't believe they will be playing Cutler at all this season. Plummer gives them the best chance to win right now. With their payroll and the money they have invested, the Broncos are built to win now. Period. They're not going to throw the season away developing Cutler, when they think they can win.

Now, if they fall out of contention and start something like 1-6, Cutler will get his shot. Still, without injury or continual 3 INT games from Plummer, Cutler will not see the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JDRaymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
95% of rookie QB's play miserable football in year one. Shanahan isn't going to turn to Cutler until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs or close to it, anything else and he would be giving up on the season and I don't think he is prepared to do so. The same goes for Tony Romo in Dallas.
i guess, but in my view cutler dosent look like your average rookie he looks better.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler was going againist 2-3rd stringers, his numbers were a bit inflated. Plummer is proned to turn the ball over, so of course, if this continues...Cutler should start.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRaymond
Quote:
i guess, but in my view cutler dosent look like your average rookie he looks better.

I've seen 3rd string QB's look great in preseason but that never got them anywhere. There is a huge difference between playing in a preseason game against second stringers and starting in the NFL. Cutler, IMO will be a very solid NFL starting QB, but like Palmer, Eli and Smith, he isn't ready just yet. Shanahan won't turn to him unless he has given up on the season, and that's not going to happen unless they get off to a totally miserable season, something like 1-7. Then they would turn to Cutler to prepare him for next year.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No they should not turn to Cutler. Plummer completed less than 45% of his passes and threw two picks in week one last year. He ended up having one of the best years of his career.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cutler plays this year that means that the Broncos are aiming for the future and have no superbowl plans this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A conditional NO from me. If Jake Plummer plays as bad as he did yesterday, at home against the Damon Huard-led Kansas City Chiefs, he should be benched.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its impossible to say anything about that yet, obviously if Plummer continues to play this way we will see him by week 7 or 8, but odds are that uwon't see him unless it comes to desperate measures. u can never be to sure with Plummer who has always been very radical in his play.

if they have a losing record going into week 7 or 8 is where i see shanahan drawing a line, but with the talent on that team i don't see that happening.

personally i really want to see Cutler, but since he's in the Chargers division i would rather he's on the bench because he's goin to be special

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
No they should not turn to Cutler. Plummer completed less than 45% of his passes and threw two picks in week one last year. He ended up having one of the best years of his career.

And the year before that I think he threw like 3 picks. Actually, it mighta been 2 years before, against the Bengals. He ended up doing alright. He always starts slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The same Tony Romo who has been in the league for what, 4 years now? Not really a comparable thing, although Romo still hasn't exactly played any regular season football but still. The Broncos wouldn't be stupid enough to go to Cutler this soon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it we're 1 week in and its already started

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan
Cutler will not play this year, no matter what.
unless the snake gets hurt
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Cutler was going againist 2-3rd stringers, his numbers were a bit inflated. Plummer is proned to turn the ball over, so of course, if this continues...Cutler should start.
That's pretty irelevant as Cutler was playing with 2-3rd string offensive unit... so it balances out. Anyway, I'm not advocating Cutler's entry YET. But... tomorrow's game is huge for Plummer (believe it or not). I think most Broncos fans are patient enough to accept this first loss (since we had a similar start last season), but if we lose to rival KC at HOME with a bad performance from Jake again... you can expect the majority of Broncos fans to pull for Cutler... our system does not demanad much out of a QB except efficiency (like the Steelers... we have a solid running game and defense). As long as Cutler can do his "role", he will be fine since he has as much poise as any rookie QB.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok all I have to say is no... Cutler isn't ready. Even though he looked great in preseason i would keep Jake Plummer in. He did the same thing in the opener in opener last year. Hell bounce back.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plummer is the guy you want. Yeah, he had a bad game, but he will bounce back. I think Shanny trusts him, but they know Cutler is the future.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

After one game you are giving up on a 32 year old QB who took you to the AFC championship game last year?

Wait until you are at least 6 games into the season before making a change.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Immaculate Tackle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do the Broncos want to win a Super Bowl? If so, they have to stick with Plummer, because at least he has a reasonable shot of winning a playoff game.
Immaculate Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

:roll:

i can't believe enough people think cutler will get in this year that this thread still exists. i HATE plummer and i know cutler isn't ready.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9

i can't believe enough people think cutler will get in this year that this thread still exists. i HATE plummer and i know cutler isn't ready.
You really don't think there is a chance that Cutler plays SOMETIME this year? Heck, the Denver writers are already calling for him.

It seems like Bronco fans have a love/hate relationship with Plummer, and I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny made a switch later in the season if Plummer continues to play like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cutler was born ready.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:

You really don't think there is a chance that Cutler plays SOMETIME this year? Heck, the Denver writers are already calling for him.

It seems like Bronco fans have a love/hate relationship with Plummer, and I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny made a switch later in the season if Plummer continues to play like crap.
name two denver writers who weren't born with half a brain =P

i think we would literally have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 0-8 before cutler would see any meaningful time.

i wouldn't rule out him getting snaps in a blowout situation (but i think that applies to ANY nfl backup qb), but i HIGHLY doubt he gets in.

shanny knows that if this team is going to have any real degree of success, plummer is the guy who will get us there. also keep in mind that if green is out for any significant stretch of time, KC won't be looked at as a major threat (unless huard turns into brady) and assuming rivers isn't an overnight success, it's conceivable that a team could win the division at 10-6 or even 9-7 (if huard and rivers are much worse than advertised). i can't see shanny giving up on that chance.

also, keep in mind that shanny is a big plummer fan. drafting a QB may not seem like a major vote of confidence, but just two years ago, shanny rewarded plummer with a huge bonus. that was back when plummer was a below average nfl starter.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote