Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I like GG potential also.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate em or love em, Tim "The Sloth" Sylvia is a hard match up for anyone. Randy Couture is just a mastermind at coming up with game plans, thus the ass whooping he laid. I just hope Big Nog comes up with an equally good gameplan to beat him. Its hard to beat a 6'8 behemouth when all they want to do is lay against you for 5 rounds. And for as much as I like Gonzaga I do not think its fair to say neither he or Sylvia did "better" against Randy because they both got ****** up, Though FWIW Sylvia took it the distance and Gonzaga got finished early. Boy how I wish the old Andrei Arlovski would return, not this new boring cares too much about trying to grind out ugly win's Arlovski. Also Werdum has legit skill and shouldnt be looked over, hes already KO-ed GG once, though I have never seen that fight.

Last edited by ccB : 01-05-2008 at 02:41 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea AA was a beast back in Sylvia 1, plus he should of had Sylvia in their second fight.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea AA was a beast back in Sylvia 1, plus he should of had Sylvia in their second fight.
I remember when people argued that Fedor couldnt beat AA and vice versa. Those were the days, now one has dropped his excitement level down about 10 places and the other is beating carnival freaks in Japan. *sigh*
Old 01-05-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea and he is also a security guard at the Jerry Springer show and a actor.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFC-39-HEAVYWEIG...QQcmdZViewItem

UFC 39 HWT belt up for sale!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they think someone is going to buy it for 30k as a starting price, i don't think so

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea, that belt was from a time when UFC and MMA were not that popular, now if Rampage trys to sell his belt I think that would go 4 $30,000.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TapouT

I just saw this on UFC.com. Anderson Silva & Dan Henderson Are going to fight march 1st to unify the Pride and UFC Middleweight title. I hope Henderson makes this fight more entertaining then the one with Rampage but with Spider added to the mix i have no doubt this one will be entertaining.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT View Post
I just saw this on UFC.com. Anderson Silva & Dan Henderson Are going to fight march 1st to unify the Pride and UFC Middleweight title. I hope Henderson makes this fight more entertaining then the one with Rampage but with Spider added to the mix i have no doubt this one will be entertaining.
i thought the Henderson vs Rampage fight was very entertaining, sure they weren't swinging for the fences but they showed a lot of skill and I still personally feel that the score could of went either way.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I re-watched the fight and it was more even then a unanimous decision, I gave the close rounds to Rampage because he was the champ and I am sure the UFC Judges did the same thing.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Tank Abbott VS. Kimbo on a EXC card.

Kimbo will kill him IMO but at least he will face someone who will throw a punch at him.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Tito Ortiz has been offered a fight against Lyoto Machida. Machida already accepted, waiting to hear from Ortiz. This makes alot of sense, the Tito is a big draw to the sport and if Machida beats him that makes him more of a household name thus making the fight with Rampage even bigger when/if it happens. Very smart move by the UFC brass.

Other rumored fights coming up, Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring, Stephan Bonnar vs Matt Hammil, Joe Lauzon vs Ken Florian, Serra vs GSP in april, there are more I cannot think of off the top of my head.

As of now this is the Hendo vs Silva card:

* Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
* Heat Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
* Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
* Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck
* Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
* Luke Cummo vs. TBA

Last edited by ccB : 01-06-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:31 AM    (permalink
TapouT

I hope Machida gets this match with Tito cause he is a great fighter and he deserves a title shot hes still undefeated nd he has made guys look silly in da octagon but he doesent have the star power as other light heavyweights and if he fought rampage to fans who dont follow UFC very closely this would look like Couture VS Gonzaga again with some people not knowing who he is with a win over Tito his popularity would sky rocket.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I wanna see more of Machida. I also want a Bisping Hamill re-match like Dana said he would do but it isn't happening :(
Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I wanna see more of Machida. I also want a Bisping Hamill re-match like Dana said he would do but it isn't happening :(
Bisping is at 185 now, so it will not be happening any time soon.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be much improved at 185 IMO, his biggest weakness without doubt was his wrestling, losing 20lbs should help him in that aspect against smaller guys.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea, I think it is good for the UFC to get more 185 pounders to keep giving Anderson opponents.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Jorge Gurgel at the mall last week, it was pretty cool. Real nice guy and was happy to chat. He always makes it exciting and leaves it all in the ring.

On another note, UK, I need some Europe info haha. I know u get UFC's for free a day late or whatever, but is it the same deal in Paris, Dublin, and Rome? If u dont know that cool, there is always sopcast! Also, do they broadcast a lot of EPL soccer in those countries, I am hoping to see a bit more of the toon on TV over there
Old 01-07-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/07/dan-...n-clinch-game/

Henderson wants to clinch w/ Anderson. I am nervous for Dan.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TapouT

If Dan Henderson Wants to clinch with Anderson Silva he might as well kiss the championship good bye cause as soon as he starts clinching he is goona start getting caught with knees he can just ask Rich Franklin about that.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea unless he imediately goes for a takedown he won't have a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I saw Jorge Gurgel at the mall last week, it was pretty cool. Real nice guy and was happy to chat. He always makes it exciting and leaves it all in the ring.

On another note, UK, I need some Europe info haha. I know u get UFC's for free a day late or whatever, but is it the same deal in Paris, Dublin, and Rome? If u dont know that cool, there is always sopcast! Also, do they broadcast a lot of EPL soccer in those countries, I am hoping to see a bit more of the toon on TV over there
Anywhere in Europe you can find an English / Irish pub that will show English Soccer, always find one when on my holidays haha. The Irish leagues for soccer are very poor so it's extremely likely that you can find Premiership games there. With regards to UFC, I'm not too sure really, In Ireland you might get UFC on Setanta, but other than that your guess is as good as mine. Hope that helps a little.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT View Post
If Dan Henderson Wants to clinch with Anderson Silva he might as well kiss the championship good bye cause as soon as he starts clinching he is goona start getting caught with knees he can just ask Rich Franklin about that.
There is a big difference between Dan Hendersons clinch game and Rich Franklins clinch game, in fact the two shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence. There is a difference between a Greco Roman clinch and Muay Thai clinch. If Dan gets the Greco roman clinch hes going to be able to put Anderson wherever he wants him. I think you are all underestimating Danny, look at what a dehydrated Travis LUtter accomplished against Anderson. I am favoring Dan Henderson in this fight. I would not be surprised if Anderson abandons the clinch and tries keeping Dan at a distance using Jabs and Low Kicks to set him up for a KO with the fists. I really do not feel Anderson wants any part of Hendo's Olympic caliber Roman Greco.

Last edited by ccB : 01-08-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea if they do greco clinch Hendo will win, but if Hendo tries to Thai clinch and do dirty boxing he is done.