Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news pride fans...

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...=735535&page=3

starting in May 12 Pride DVDs will be released from may 2008-may 2009.

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Fedor vs Sylvia for July 19th

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=12220

Sounds to me like Sylvia wants a payday. Fedor is a HORRIBLE matchup for him.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor is a horrible match for anybody on the face of this earth, I got Fedor ending it early either by GnP or Submission. I cant wait to see Fedor fighting a real opponent. And thank god it isnt against Kimbo.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and it's going to be on Cuban's MMA organization, interesting.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think that will hurt MMA, all those seperate leagues it may end up like boxing, a new fan will look at EliteXC and think Kimbo is a god when true MMA fans know that he wont last 45 seconds against Fedor.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obv in an ideal world it would be in the UFC but that's not going to happen, if another organisation pops up and really makes an impact, be it Dream, HDNet, Elite XC or whoever else, then ultimately it would be good for the sport. But there really needs to be another org the size of the UFC for competition to thrive like in the days of UFC and PRIDE.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, Fedor just doesn't like Dana White. He doesn't really want to work for him.

It probably would take a HUGE figure for them to agree on a contract.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Obv in an ideal world it would be in the UFC but that's not going to happen, if another organisation pops up and really makes an impact, be it Dream, HDNet, Elite XC or whoever else, then ultimately it would be good for the sport. But there really needs to be another org the size of the UFC for competition to thrive like in the days of UFC and PRIDE.
How is it good for the sport?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really looking forward to Fedor-Sylvia. I think it will be a good test for Fedor, but I have him winning this one.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I mean if another organisation reaches the same size as UFC and can really compete, then of course it will be good for the sport. Competition for ratings will mean organisations having to fill their cards with the best guys and putting out a more quality product.

I agree with you that having all the guys on smaller shows will hurt but if one of these shows can grow to become a serious rival to UFC, like PRIDE was, then that's great.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forrest griffin vs. rampage jackson july 5th is gunna be ridiculous...cant wait for that fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
forrest griffin vs. rampage jackson july 5th is gunna be ridiculous...cant wait for that fight
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

Rampage is the favorite, but Griffin is no pushover.

It wouldn't surprise me if Griffin pulls off an upset.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

Rampage is the favorite, but Griffin is no pushover.

It wouldn't surprise me if Griffin pulls off an upset.
i think rampage has a better stand up then forrest does, but forrest is a much better wrestler then jackson is. I can see rampage dropping a couple good bombs though, but i think if forrest gets him on the ground then an upset could be in the making
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

did anyone else just see that INSANE knockout on The Ultimate Fighter? that firepatch just dropped that dude, they had to take him away in an ambulance. That was insane
Quote:
Old 04-10-2008, 03:52 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i think rampage has a better stand up then forrest does, but forrest is a much better wrestler then jackson is. I can see rampage dropping a couple good bombs though, but i think if forrest gets him on the ground then an upset could be in the making
Have you seen Rampage's wrestling skills?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Its all about The U
Rookie

Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think Ramage's wrestling is actually a little better than his boxing, but my bet against Forrest is that he just uses it to stay standing because he knows he has a huge advantage standing up
Its all about The U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

God I would not want to be Serra tonight. If Serra wins a decision I think Montreal would be no more.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

GSP has to win, he has to, it was illogical the first time he lost, even with the circumstances, but if he loses now he is interim champ and focused, I can't even think about it.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when is the main event scheduled to start at?

+rep
Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow as I'm writing this one Danzig is dominatinggggg Koschek. What a great knee by Danzig :O

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah how i wish i had money to buy the fight.

I hope Matt Serra gets knocked on his ass
Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i need a link to the PPV for free online, anyone got one?

edit: nevermind found one

Bisping looks a lot better at MW than at LHW, i'm sure UFC is happy about that, give him a couple mores wins and I'm sure he will fight Silva

Last edited by fenikz : 04-19-2008 at 09:54 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

god I despise Bisping with a passion, I cant wait to see Silva tourture Bisping w/ out mercy. Heck send Bisping up against Hammil again then we can laugh at that scum for running his mouth when Hammil beats him.

Kick Kalib Starnes out of the UFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow......! GSP WOOOOOOOOOOOO

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They stopped that fight way too early. There was only like 10 seconds left in the round and its not like GSP was jacking him in the face. They were just knees to the side. I have seen harder hits than that before that didnt get the match called.