Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
They stopped that fight way too early. There was only like 10 seconds left in the round and its not like GSP was jacking him in the face. They were just knees to the side. I have seen harder hits than that before that didnt get the match called.
I don't know man, Serra is going to be pissing blood tomorrow morning.

I think the ref did a good job there.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I don't know man, Serra is going to be pissing blood tomorrow morning.

I think the ref did a good job there.
That was a perfect stoppage by the referee. Knees to the sides with as much power GSP was getting on them can do just as much damage to an opponent as a head shot.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that stoppage was fine........especially considering GSP was dominating anyway.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea it may have been early, but it was just saving Serra from extra punishment, we all knew that GSP was gonna mess him up.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bisping looked great out there, I was very impressed with him, even if McCarthy isn't exactly great.

With regards GSP v Serra, the stoppage was just, Serra's ribs have gotta be ******, if not his internal organs.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it....

Old 04-20-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kick that punk out of the UFC.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://kalibstarnessucks.ytmnd.com/

Old 04-20-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great way to exit the UFC in your home country haha
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what would your favorite martial art be in a street fight? If it is a 1 on 1 I would use wrestling/judo to get a takedown and do some GnP. If it is multiple attackers I would use Krav Maga or Muy Thai strikes to stun the opponents giving me enough time to escape, because no matter how good you are at Muy Thai it is not a winnable situation 5-1, you need to find away to escape.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Jiu jitsu, pull some flying armbars an' **** innit.

In all seriousness, 1 on 1 takedown seems the way to go, then you can use BJJ, GnP, whatever really. 5 on 1 I'm running haha!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he should be fired, I was disappointed in him. Ever since that rib injury he had, he never been the same.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

who r u talking about PackmaN
Old 04-21-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

He's talking about Starnes, he hurt his rubs in TUF.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were in a fight the best thing to have undoubtedly is (unfortunatley bc I dont have it) is wrestling. Regardless of how much stand up training I have and how diverse it is, because of my lack of wresting, I really cant beat a good wrestler.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

American Kenpo is the best thing to have in a street fight, because it is street fighting, teaches you ways to use your environment, but I guess you could consider it a combination of fighting styles

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

and starnes is a *****
Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Apparently the UFC didnt pay for his medical bills after he hurt his rib, plus he wasnt happy that he spent 3x as much on training then what he recieved. Since it was his fight in the UFC he was like F it and just farted around, it was a disgrace to MMA.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Scientist McKnowitall
Rookie

Scientist McKnowitall hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Scientist McKnowitall hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...?urn=mma,78124

"He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work," White said Monday.

What an embarrassment that fight was.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientist McKnowitall View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...?urn=mma,78124

"He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work," White said Monday.

What an embarrassment that fight was.
Everyone knew that was coming.

I personally have hated Starnes since day 1. It was obvious on The Ultimate Fighter he was an asshole and he didn't have the mindset to be a fighter in the UFC. He was constantly complaining and even though he was one of the few canadians on the show I still hated his guts. I find it amazing how he's lasted so long in the UFC and even more amazing that he's been able to beat a couple real fighters in the UFC.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chuck Liddell is out of the Rashad Evans fight in June. He tore his hammy :(
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it matter if you fight in America and you get free Health care in Canada? because maybe Starnes was covered for free, but he fought in America so he not covered.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Starnes must think people are stupid. His UFC contract is only part of what he pulls in. Idiot has sponsors, sells merchandise, does appearances, teaches .. you can go on and on with how you make money in this sport. Your actual contract is only a small part of the money these guys actually make.

I mean, some of these guys may fight 3-4 times a year and make less than $10k a fight. Do any of us think these guys live off of that money? HECK NO!

Starnes can call it whatever he wants. He was just being a punk and a POS.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I just picked up Pride Shockwave 2006 at best buy, I am so glad theyare finishing the Pride DVDs.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

BJ Penn VS. Sean Sherk

This is going to be possibly the greatest 155 bout in UFC history, there hatred for each other is intense, plus their styles will make it a good fight. BJ is a good striker w/ a rock solid chin, Sherk is also decent, I give the edge to BJ but I doubt it will be standing much. BJ has amazing takedown defense, he uses his flexibility to defends takedowns, but can he use his flexibility to defend a hard blast double like Sherks? I see Sherk getting some takedowns. Now when it gets to the ground, I doubt Sherk can pass BJ guard or do damage to BJ, and I doubt BJ can submit Sherk who has never been submitted. I think there may be a lot of stand ups. I am excited for this fight, it may be a little boring but it will be even and I think it goes the distance. I think it can go either way. But I just have a feeling Sherk will win but by a very close margin, I wouldnt be shocked if either fighter won.

Lyoto Machida VS. Tito Ortiz

This will be very interesting considering this looks like Titos last fight in the UFC, I think he will be very motivated to beat Machida and then get up give Dana White the middle finger then do a grave digger routine, It wont surprise me if they dont interview Tito if he wins. Lyoto is very well rounded in every MMA aspect, but I feel Tito will be able to take Lyoto down. I doubt Lyoto could submit him Tito has good submission defense. I have Tito by unanimous decision.

Wanderlei Silva VS. Keith Jardine

This is possibly the most important fight in Wands career, if he loses I think he will retire from fighting, he is 31 but a very old 31 from all the Vale Tudo matches and his long MMA career. His aggressive style has given Jardine trouble in the pas (A 48 second KO by Alexander who is not close to Wands skill level), but the sad thing is I read that Wand is training boxing not muay thai so we may not see any vicious knees, I pray that he does the Thai clinch but I am not sure if he will. I see Jardine backing up a lot and throwing a lot of leg kicks much like against Liddell. But I think w/ Wand training w/ Team Couture that he will be able to use the cage to clinch up and hopefully throw knees to Jardine. I see Wand winning by TKO. Jardine will be motivated also because if he wins, he will hold wins over the 2 greatest LHW of all time, I think he deserves a title shot after victory.

So what does everybody else think about these 3 big fights.