Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Either Cohuture/ARN or Lesnar/ARN sound really good too. And you consider that Velasquez and Carwin should both have breakout years, and Affliction possibly folding and giving Fedor no choice but to go to UFC(In my dreams), next year should be a big year for HW.
UFC already has the best crop of HW prospects with Cain/Carwin/Lesnar, if they can add Herman, Rogers, and Silva their HW division will finally be back up to par. Affliction may have more current top 10 HW's with Fedor/AA/Barnett/and Tim I hate your guts Sylvia, but the UFC's group would be far more promising.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of Couture VS. Lesnar and Nog VS. Mir who do you think is going to win this mini tourney? I would love to see Nog VS. Couture, 2 guys w/ a lot of heart going at it, but I am nervous its Lesnar VS. Mir. Lesnar is a dueche the way he disrespected Herring during their fight. I am big on respect, but doing that ride a bull thing then pointing at him and laughing after the fight was just dumb.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mir will not beat Nog, no way, I'd wager any bet anyone wants to put on the table.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Out of Couture VS. Lesnar and Nog VS. Mir who do you think is going to win this mini tourney? I would love to see Nog VS. Couture, 2 guys w/ a lot of heart going at it, but I am nervous its Lesnar VS. Mir. Lesnar is a dueche the way he disrespected Herring during their fight. I am big on respect, but doing that ride a bull thing then pointing at him and laughing after the fight was just dumb.
I have no idea who is going to win that tournament. I could see any of the 4 guys taking it. I think people are sleeping on Frank Mir, ever since his motor cycle accident he has a habit of coming into fights pudgy and gassing out, but if he comes into this fight in shape he could be in line to shock the world.
The obvious prediction would be Couture v Nog in the finals. If this happened I would take Couture via UD, because I just don't see Nog catching Randy in a submission. I think stylistically the most difficult fight for Randy is the fight with Brock, just because Brock is such a physical monster, but if Brock beats Randy I think Nogueira will have a field day on him and end up making him tap in the 1st round.

On to Lesnar's douchieness...You have to be able to separate marketing strategy from actually being a dick. By doing the lil rodeo taunt, Brock is solidifying himself as a guy people can root against, and will pay to see fight, just for the chance to see him get his face smashed in. He is taking Tito Ortiz's spot in the company which is damned smart because Ortiz got paid for being nothing more than a border line top 10 LHW. I highly doubt Brock is as cocky of a douche as he makes himself out to be on a personal level.

On a side not a 6'5 + tranny just walked into the lab I work in and I had the hardest time holding back my laughter. This has nothing to do with MMA but it shocked the hell out of me.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My picks:

Lesnar over Couture
Nog over Mir

Nog over Lesnar

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
My picks:

Lesnar over Couture
Nog over Mir

Nog over Lesnar
This is how I have it.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here play MMArmy?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couture over Lesnar
Nog over Mir

Nog over Couture

Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
You're keeping up with TUF, right? There's always a complete jerk-off coach, and this season it happens to be Frank Mir. Man i hate that guy, no respect at all for Nogueira, and basically is like the mom that lets their kids do whatever the hell they want with no respect towards others. I hope he taps like a little ***** when he fights Nog.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I have no idea who is going to win that tournament. I could see any of the 4 guys taking it. I think people are sleeping on Frank Mir, ever since his motor cycle accident he has a habit of coming into fights pudgy and gassing out, but if he comes into this fight in shape he could be in line to shock the world.
The obvious prediction would be Couture v Nog in the finals. If this happened I would take Couture via UD, because I just don't see Nog catching Randy in a submission. I think stylistically the most difficult fight for Randy is the fight with Brock, just because Brock is such a physical monster, but if Brock beats Randy I think Nogueira will have a field day on him and end up making him tap in the 1st round.

On to Lesnar's douchieness...You have to be able to separate marketing strategy from actually being a dick. By doing the lil rodeo taunt, Brock is solidifying himself as a guy people can root against, and will pay to see fight, just for the chance to see him get his face smashed in. He is taking Tito Ortiz's spot in the company which is damned smart because Ortiz got paid for being nothing more than a border line top 10 LHW. I highly doubt Brock is as cocky of a douche as he makes himself out to be on a personal level.

On a side not a 6'5 + tranny just walked into the lab I work in and I had the hardest time holding back my laughter. This has nothing to do with MMA but it shocked the hell out of me.
yea I see what you mean, I just get bothered by people taking that strategy, it would be one thing to nod your head like he did w/ 10 seconds in round 1, I am fine w/ that since. The rodeo thing is pushing it, if it was a grudge for years then I could see it, but the pointing and laughing was just a dick move.

And I agree if Couture fights Nog it would be a 5 round war for the ages, I would love to see that more then Couture Fedor.

But Couture VS. Lesnar is tough, Couture style VS. Lesnar will be good, I can see that going either way.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Nog myself, but I disagree that Mir doesn't have a shot at beating him.

Frank is big, strong and has excellent submission skills. A very underrated fighter.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I mean Mir could beat Nog, I just don't see it happening.

Besides TUF tonight Junie is fighting, I hope he gets his ass kicked.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm a big fan of Nog myself, but I disagree that Mir doesn't have a shot at beating him.

Frank is big, strong and has excellent submission skills. A very underrated fighter.
I'd go so far as to say Nog is better in every aspect of MMA than Mir.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree, but the great thing about MMA is you never know, the human jaw isn't designed to take a punch, anything can happen. But it is highly unlikely that Mir wins.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna say it again Mir wins it. I cant say how, but I just feel it. I visualize the upset.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Im gonna say it again Mir wins it. I cant say how, but I just feel it. I visualize the upset.
If you think about something long enough, you eventually start believing it. I believe that's the case here.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

God I hate Junie, if I was in the house and I fought him, if I put him in a leglock/armlock I wouldnt let go until I rip his limb off.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you think about something long enough, you eventually start believing it. I believe that's the case here.
Maybe. I don't know what it is, I just have a weird feeling about Mir.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mir before the accident could beat Nog. Now he's kind of fat
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Honestly even pre-accident Mir wouldnt take Nog. Only Fedor can. I mean you can argue a pre-coke Ricco Rodriguez could take Nog, but honestly w/o Fedor Nog could be said as the greatest MMA artist of all time.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rolando only had more power. Browning is nothing but a power hitter, I saw nothing else from him last night, Escudarian would take him easily. I dislike Fra k Mir with a passion, I cant wait for Nogeuira to kill him.

btw, Anderson Silva sounds like an 60 year old man with athsma, I was laughing my ass off last night, kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, kneeeeeeeeeese, kneeeeeeese.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
If Rolando only had more power. Browning is nothing but a power hitter, I saw nothing else from him last night, Escudarian would take him easily. I dislike Fra k Mir with a passion, I cant wait for Nogeuira to kill him.

btw, Anderson Silva sounds like an 60 year old man with athsma, I was laughing my ass off last night, kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, kneeeeeeeeeese, kneeeeeeese.
What good is a black belt in jiu jitsu if you don't use any of your JJ skills? Rolando easily could have beat Junie, but he was so passive in his attack. Junie would sit on the counter punch, and they would both stand around for a few seconds before anyone actually did anything. Rolando looked waaayy gassed in the second round, and in the tie-breaker, when he was lying on the ground resting, he should have exploded the last minute of the fight, to steal the round, and again he just went to the jab jab straight. Had he clinched, or maybe shot for a take down he would have dominated Junie.

I'm not at all impressed by Browning. He showed that you can box him, and his punches are VERY predictable and easy to avoid. For being a power guy, he couldn't even knock out a guy that was taking his punches right in the chin and looked really frail.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not see him taking him down unless by a punch, Rolando is weak, Browning just had to sprawl and that about put an end to his BJJ. He was to afraid to go inside after taking a couple hits as well, and tried to use that reach advantage.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I did not see him taking him down unless by a punch, Rolando is weak, Browning just had to sprawl and that about put an end to his BJJ. He was to afraid to go inside after taking a couple hits as well, and tried to use that reach advantage.
He easily could have taken him down from the clinch with some simple sweeps. Junie's feet were all over the place.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

I honestly do doubt that black belt.