Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cote has 0.00000001% chance, seriously.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are your thoughts on the Fabricio Werdum vs Junior dos Santos fight?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Werdum beats him and Werdum should be fighting better competition.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I dont know I saw some training footage of Dos Santos and he looks like a beast. I don't think he will beat Werdum but Ed Soares (Anderson Silva's Manager/translator/whatever) was raving about what a monster Dos Santos is. Plus I am pretty sure he trains with Black House (Anderson Silva, The Nogs, Filho etc) Don't be so quick to judge a fighter before you see them fight. Besides who really is there for Werdum to fight?

Last edited by ccB : 10-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know where I can get the fight tomorrow on the internet live? Last time I got a really bad quality camera pointed at a tv that was just awful.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I dont know I saw some training footage of Dos Santos and he looks like a beast. I don't think he will beat Werdum but Ed Soares (Anderson Silva's Manager/translator/whatever) was raving about what a monster Dos Santos is. Plus I am pretty sure he trains with Black House (Anderson Silva, The Nogs, Filho etc) Don't be so quick to judge a fighter before you see them fight. Besides who really is there for Werdum to fight?
I saw him a while back on an XFC card and I've got him losing by decision.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

In the end I still think Cote gets KO-ed in round one. In all the promotional pieces for this fight Cote is talking about how 1 of his punches equals 10 of Silva's and that he will eat a few punches to land one. Well news flash Cote, James Irvin was saying the same thing before he fought Anderson and he ended up taking a nap.
Cote and Silva both have tested Leben's iron chin numerous times in both their fights. One has a split decision loss to Leben. The other has a 50 second KO victory.

Basically, if Cote is really that stupid, he deserves what is coming to him.

There is about 4-5 guys in MMA who I think you would have to be absolutely bat s*** insane to think you can beat in a standup battle just based on technicality and power. Anderson Silva is atop that list.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the fight tomorrow on the internet live? Last time I got a really bad quality camera pointed at a tv that was just awful.
anyone? I really don't want to have to search on the night and miss some of it.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyone? I really don't want to have to search on the night and miss some of it.
The picture you get from most of the sites showing it over the internet is going to be bad. I watched the Fedor fight on channelsurfing.net. It wasnt great but it beat paying for it. If you really want to see it and dont want to pay for it you can go to Hooters really early.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am thinking of doing a bet and picking these fighters to win;

Spencer Fisher
Dan Miller
Pete Sell
Hermes Franca
Rich Clementi
Sean Sherk
Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So much for that.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really unfortunate what happened in the main event tonight. You guys know what I'm talking about. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
It's really unfortunate what happened in the main event tonight. You guys know what I'm talking about. :(
Very disappointing. It was about to get good.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Very disappointing. It was about to get good.
Especially with his power. Should be a NC though.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that sucks. That is crappy way to lose a bet.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed w/ Alves tonight, especially his takedown defense. He is the #2 WW in the world IMO, and I broke down a potential match up w/ him and BJ Penn and I think he would take BJ.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
I knew Dos Santos would win that fight, something was telling me this entire week.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

There's an article on yahoo sports by Dan Wetzel that is critical of Silva for just fooling around and not really taking the fight seriously. He cited Silva not being legitimately challenged, his retirement talk, and his desire to go into boxing as reasons for his apathy. I think it is possible that Silva is just bored and actually wanted to be in the octagon with a crowd for longer than 5 minutes and just made sure he won rounds for a little while. If Cote's knee hadn't gone out, I assume Silva would've taken him out in the third. Without the freak injury none of this talk would be happening because Silva most likely would've put him on his ass. Silva was clearly just sizing Cote up and clearly in control even without doing much.

Wetzel made a crazy suggestion later in his column. He said Silva Liddell should might motivate silva. In the short run, it would get crazy ratings and would be the type of intriguing fight that Dana White should love. However, in the long run it would hurt the UFC. Silva would annihilate Liddell barring a miracle. Liddell opens himself up so he can go for the big shot ,which would not work out well against Silva. So, Liddell becomes even more washed up in the eyes of fans even though I think if given fighters other that Silva he could put a few wins together and get another title shot. Honestly, if Liddell realizes he isn't a boxer that has to occasionally sprawl to prevent being taken down,his punching power combined with his unused wrestling and kickboxing could still make him a good fighter. He could also try to move to heavyweight where he might be be faster than the division, however, his punching power could potentially be simply average at heavyweight.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Anderson was dancing around because he respected Cote's power. With the dancing he gave Cote a harder target to hit and he could pick his spots score points and then move with the hope that Cote tired himself out come the 4th and 5th round. Cote's chin deserves a ton of respect, he got hit with some strikes that would of put a lot of people away, I had a flashback of the Alex Stiiebling fight at one point.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Anderson was dancing around because he respected Cote's power. With the dancing he gave Cote a harder target to hit and he could pick his spots score points and then move with the hope that Cote tired himself out come the 4th and 5th round. Cote's chin deserves a ton of respect, he got hit with some strikes that would of put a lot of people away, I had a flashback of the Alex Stiiebling fight at one point.
I agree that's probably part of it. But Silva was just incredibly unaggressive. At points it was a bit comical, like when Silva offered Cote a hand and also when he was literally running around the ring for a little bit. I just had a weird image of Bugs Bunny.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to get back into UFC/MMA. Do you guys recommend anyway that won't cost me a buttload of money [i.e. PPVs]?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I want to get back into UFC/MMA. Do you guys recommend anyway that won't cost me a buttload of money [i.e. PPVs]?
www.channelsurfing.net and/or www.justin.tv

when ever there is a PPV on, you can watch it there for free.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
www.channelsurfing.net

when ever there is a PPV on, you can watch it there for free.
Like I did last night ! :)

I wish I had known earlier.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it good quality? I've used that site and it has sucked before.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Is it good quality? I've used that site and it has sucked before.
Good enough for me where it's still better than dishing out PPV cash.