Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Unfortunately, the UFC HW division is crap....I don't think there's anyone good enough to overcome Sylvia's size advantage.
Brandon Vera can beat sylvia and I think he will. Sylvia is far from unbeatable. The size disadvantage was just too big.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Unfortunately, the UFC HW division is crap....I don't think there's anyone good enough to overcome Sylvia's size advantage.
Brandon Vera can beat sylvia and I think he will. Sylvia is far from unbeatable. The size disadvantage was just too big.
Sylvia sucks, I hate him and vera will knock him out or submit him. Vera impressed the hell outta me, Mir looked ripped and in great shape and Vera wrecked him.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Quote:
Sylvia sucks, I hate him and vera will knock him out or submit him. Vera impressed the hell outta me, Mir looked ripped and in great shape and Vera wrecked him.
DOMINATED the same guy that broke Sylvias arm. I was completely shocked to see Mir is halfway decent shape.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DOMINATED the same guy that broke Sylvias arm. I was completely shocked to see Mir is halfway decent shape.
Vera will have to do better than beating today's Frank Mir to convince me he's on Sylvia's level. Mir isn't anywhere near the fighter he was when he beat Sylvia.

Hopefully the UFC can sign some PRIDE HW's to bring this division out of the gutter.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vera will have to do better than beating today's Frank Mir to convince me he's on Sylvia's level. Mir isn't anywhere near the fighter he was when he beat Sylvia.

Hopefully the UFC can sign some PRIDE HW's to bring this division out of the gutter.
They are all on Sylvias level sylvia is just a big oaf. Vera has twice the skills Tim has. Arvolski is alot smaller than Sylvia and he took care of Tim easily the first time. The second time Tim got lucky after Arvloski put him on his ass. Than the third time somethign was up with Andrei and he just let Tim grind out an ugly decision. Vera CAn beat sylvia and I think he will easily when they fight.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage

ahahaha Hughes got his ass kicked
Old 11-20-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage
ahahaha Hughes got his ass kicked
Yeah he got dominated. Hes lucky he made it out of the first round.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it, not only did I miss it Sunday night over here, but I read the results by accident here as well. Still great that GSP handled Hughes though :twisted:

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Damn it, not only did I miss it Sunday night over here, but I read the results by accident here as well. Still great that GSP handled Hughes though :twisted:
Its still worth watching. Seeing Matt Hughes go down was like a dream. I cant stand that cocky bastard its about time he got his ass handed to him.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the fight is on google video if u want to see it.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oooh, thanks Rob, I'll check it out. Charm I agree, Hughes getting laid out is a dream come true!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
oooh, thanks Rob, I'll check it out. Charm I agree, Hughes getting laid out is a dream come true!
no problem
Old 11-20-2006, 02:09 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Wow, how dominant was GSP?! Sorry if you guys discussed it before, but what was up with the "low blows"? The first one sure as hell looked like a hard, clean kick.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow, how dominant was GSP?! Sorry if you guys discussed it before, but what was up with the "low blows"? The first one sure as hell looked like a hard, clean kick.
Apparently Matts nads are on the front of his thighs.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

That's what I was thinking as well, jokes. Oh well, wouldn't want to be in Matt Serra's shoes right now, well apart from the money he won.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's what I was thinking as well, jokes. Oh well, wouldn't want to be in Matt Serra's shoes right now, well apart from the money he won.
Yeah Matt Serra better look forward to being destroyed than cutting down to 155. He has no chance at WW.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

That fight's going to get real ugly, Pat Mcquistan ugly

Old 11-20-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
well, what happened was GSP kicked and his toes slid up to hit the cup. I was saying the same thing as you guys, but my friend who actually fight told me that it is probably legit.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage

GSP ran a clinic. Completly dominate. This guy is for real. My favorite part of the fight besides the kick was when Hughes tried to take him down and got stuffed. It's hilarious to see these two champions (hughes/frankline) get absolutly owned.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently Matts nads are on the front of his thighs.
That made me laugh
Old 11-21-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

PRIDE Shockwave is looking like it could be the best card ever on paper.

according to mmaweekly's rankings
this is what the card will feature:

HEAVYWEIGHT:

#1 HW fedor
#2 HW crocop
#3 HW barnett
#4 HW noguiera
#9 HW mark hunt

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS:

#2 LHW shogun
#3 LHW wandy
#4 LHW arona
#10 LHW nakamura

MIDDLEWEIGHTS:

#4 MW misaki
#6 MW henderson
#7 MW denis kang

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

#1 LW gomi
#2 LW sakurai
#3 LW kawajiri
#4 LW hansen
#7 LW ishida
#10 LW melendez

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 11-21-2006, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
PRIDE Shockwave is looking like it could be the best card ever on paper.

according to mmaweekly's rankings
this is what the card will feature:

HEAVYWEIGHT:

#1 HW fedor
#2 HW crocop
#3 HW barnett
#4 HW noguiera
#9 HW mark hunt

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS:

#2 LHW shogun
#3 LHW wandy
#4 LHW arona
#10 LHW nakamura

MIDDLEWEIGHTS:

#4 MW misaki
#6 MW henderson
#7 MW denis kang

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

#1 LW gomi
#2 LW sakurai
#3 LW kawajiri
#4 LW hansen
#7 LW ishida
#10 LW melendez

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Looks awesome but i bet it doesnt compete wtih this years final round of the OWGP. I hate Misaki i hope he is pummled and I am happy to see Big NOG on the card.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Also the thing with that card... Its going to end up being all them fighters against lower tier fighters most likely. Hopefully theres atleast a few higher qualtiy fighters fighting each other.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some big names in there, when is this scheduled for...?
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Also the thing with that card... Its going to end up being all them fighters against lower tier fighters most likely. Hopefully theres atleast a few higher qualtiy fighters fighting each other.
I dont think so, thats 18 fighters I listed. How many cards have more than 9 fights on the ppv? I think we are gonna see some amazing matchups.