Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Here is some HUGE news MMA fans. With Pride in some money issues and still having no TV contract in Japan, Pride fighters are starting to look elsewhere to bring their talents. Fedor is already signed to fight at least once for Bodog and might make the move permanetly after his 1 remaining Pride fight he is under contract for.

The UFC just offered Cro Cop a large contract to come fight in the USA, Cro Cop said himself it was larger than the Pride contract and is considering it and that he would let everyone know by Sunday. Personally I think Cro Cop wants his second shot at Fedor but the US market may be too much to turn down. So Mirko Cro Cop in the UFC soon? All I have to say is *********** YEAH
Cro Cop in UFC= the first murder in MMA
Fixed

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The UFC has acquired select fighter contracts and all intellectual properties of the WFA, which will cease operations. They have also acquired WEC, which will continue under new ownership.

Dana White has confirmed that Rampage is one of the fighters acquired from the WFA. Others rumored are Heath Herring and Matt Lindland (Though I've heard Lindland wasn't under contract with WFA)

Iceman vs Rampage 2 SWEET!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Nerv

I think Lindland may be IFA but Im not positive on that, I know he has fought a 'super fight' farely recently for IFA.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Lindland may be IFA but Im not positive on that, I know he has fought a 'super fight' farely recently for IFA.
Lindland coaches the Wolfpack in IFL.

It was Marvin Eastman who said Lindland was one of the guys that were picked up.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:53 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think one of the most important signings from this could be Heath Herring, prior to that signing that division was ridiculously stale, he might inject new life into it, Arlovski/Sylvia vs Herring anyone?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
I actually think one of the most important signings from this could be Heath Herring, prior to that signing that division was ridiculously stale, he might inject new life into it, Arlovski/Sylvia vs Herring anyone?
Yup. Combine that with the possibility of CroCop signing, UFC's HW division could suddenly become a strength instead of a major weakness.

ALSO, according to their respective websites....Fedor and CroCop are both pulling out of the Pride NYE event because of injuries.

And CroCop has made a decision about where he will fight in the future and will announce it soon. If he signs with UFC, I'd bet it will be announced tommorrow night at UFN.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Crocop would be a killer signing, man, I know Crocop would own, but I would still love to see a Crocop vs Arlovski fight.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crocop would be a killer signing, man, I know Crocop would own, but I would still love to see a Crocop vs Arlovski fight.
Cro Cop by decapitation
Old 12-12-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Cro Cop by decapitation
True, but it would be fun whilst it lasted.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cro Cop by decapitation
True, but it would be fun whilst it lasted.
I would much rather see the decapitation of Tim Sylvia.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Dana White says they got these guys, and they are still sifting through looking at more guys.

Rampage
Heath Herring
Razor Rob
Urijah Faber
Ivan Salaverry

Also says that the guys that the IFL stuff isn't a problem. And that the WEC isn't going to be a feeder series for the UFC, it will be like a competing organization. There won't be any crossover, but there could be like a "Superbowl" type competition between them.

Audio is here, the one on the top.
http://ocregister.com/ocregister/spo...le_1381274.php
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
ALSO, according to their respective websites....[b]Fedor and CroCop are both pulling out of the Pride NYE event because of injuries.
As good as Fedor is, he really pulls out of a lot of fights and seems to get a lot of injuries training/away from Pride.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink

Diego KTFO of Riggs

Shonie lost

And the fight between Parisyan and Fickett was pretty good. Parisyan won

I didnt see the Koscheck fight can anyone tell me how it went down.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw the Diaz-Lawler fight
It was awesome to see lawler just get stunned and fall over when he took that shot
I need to watch more. i'm slacking
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FEDOR has not pulled out of the NYE eve show, it is only a rumor.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Cro Cop to UFC

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6352

Also, Koscheck basically overpowered and out wrestled him. Joslin out classed Koscheck standing but Josh's takedowns were too good, Joslin had a real good guard though and didnt take a ton of damage and lost a decision to Koscheck.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:43 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Cro Cop to UFC

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6352

Also, Koscheck basically overpowered and out wrestled him. Joslin out classed Koscheck standing but Josh's takedowns were too good, Joslin had a real good guard though and didnt take a ton of damage and lost a decision to Koscheck.
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty pumped to see Sylvia get KTFO by a left high kick!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Sylvia's high kick > CC's high kick

Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Mark Hunt (#9 Heavyweight)*
-Takanori Gomi (#1 Lightweight)* vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (#7 Lightweight)* in a non-title fight
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight)*
-Josh Barnett (#3 Heavyweight)* vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#4 Heavyweight)*
-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#3 Lightweight)* vs. Gilbert Melendez (#10 Lightweight)*
-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight)* vs. Shinya Aoki
-Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

Pride card is looking pretty good. Although Fedor vs Hunt is weak, Barnett vs Nog makes up for it.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Mark Hunt (#9 Heavyweight)*
-Takanori Gomi (#1 Lightweight)* vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (#7 Lightweight)* in a non-title fight
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight)*
-Josh Barnett (#3 Heavyweight)* vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#4 Heavyweight)*
-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#3 Lightweight)* vs. Gilbert Melendez (#10 Lightweight)*
-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight)* vs. Shinya Aoki
-Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

Pride card is looking pretty good. Although Fedor vs Hunt is weak, Barnett vs Nog makes up for it.
Fedor vs Hunt is entertaining until Fedor gets bored of boxing and goes for the takedown.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Mark Hunt (#9 Heavyweight)*- Weak
-Takanori Gomi (#1 Lightweight)* vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (#7 Lightweight)* in a non-title fight- Could be pretty good
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight)*- Good fight, Shogun will win, but it is not an easy fight by any means
-Josh Barnett (#3 Heavyweight)* vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#4 Heavyweight)* Amazing
-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#3 Lightweight)* vs. Gilbert Melendez (#10 Lightweight)*- Love this fight
-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight)* vs. Shinya Aoki- Interesting fight style wise
-Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Kiyoshi Tamura- dont know much about either- Japanese audience I guess

I think there are 3 more fights as well, right? Wand has to fight as well as Hendo I would imagine. And Yoshida will likely be on as well. Fujita too.[/b]
Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalis...2,14,,54543.jl

Looks like crocop may not have signed with UFC yet.

Quote:
English translation:
Mirko Filipovic rejected news which hit the internet on Thursday on Sherdog.com, a famous internet site for MMA news, which said that the Croatian gladiator already signed the offer from the American organization (UFC).

"I repeat, I received an offer from the UFC and other organizations. Within these offers, I have NOT promised anyone something, nor signed any kind of agreement. I will pick the best offer, the first day I receive it. I don't know who is hiding behind 'some source within Mirko camp' because no one except me knows how I will continue my sport career."

Old 12-20-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Nerv

So, its a little over a week until Tito Ortiz gets KTFO'd and will shut up again :)
Old 12-27-2006, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

big fight weekend, cant wait!