Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2006, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
So sad to see Cro Cop demolish my two favorite Pride guys. I thought the Snake looked very good and he clearly had an advantage on his feet against SHOGUN, basically nobody in the world can do that, if he improves his wrestling & ground game he could be a force.

What is with Alistair Overeem? He continues to lose fights on odd tap outs and having the towel thrown in. This guy has all the physical ability in the world and is an explosive fighter but he seems a bit soft and mentally weak. When things start to go bad for him he folds quickly and often isnt in good enough shape, Im a fan of his and would like to see him right.

How about Cyborg? He looked absolutely vicious out there, standing up he took it right to his pro boxer opponent then showed off his ground and jiu jitsu abilities that everyone said he didnt have. Training with Chute Boxe now is really going to help his overall game.
Cyborg looked more like Wandy than Wandy did. He really impressed me. How about Aleksander Emelianko completely demolishing Kharitonov. Some vicious kness you could just see the blood exploding on Aleksanders knees.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
So sad to see Cro Cop demolish my two favorite Pride guys. I thought the Snake looked very good and he clearly had an advantage on his feet against SHOGUN, basically nobody in the world can do that, if he improves his wrestling & ground game he could be a force.

What is with Alistair Overeem? He continues to lose fights on odd tap outs and having the towel thrown in. This guy has all the physical ability in the world and is an explosive fighter but he seems a bit soft and mentally weak. When things start to go bad for him he folds quickly and often isnt in good enough shape, Im a fan of his and would like to see him right.

How about Cyborg? He looked absolutely vicious out there, standing up he took it right to his pro boxer opponent then showed off his ground and jiu jitsu abilities that everyone said he didnt have. Training with Chute Boxe now is really going to help his overall game.
Cyborg looked more like Wandy than Wandy did. He really impressed me. How about Aleksander Emelianko completely demolishing Kharitonov. Some vicious kness you could just see the blood exploding on Aleksanders knees.
Yeh, Cyborg looked great and so did aleksander.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Quote:

Aleksander doesnt get enough credit. If he was in UFC he would completely dominate but since hes in land of the heavyweight he dont get the respect he deserves.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Aleksander doesnt get enough credit. If he was in UFC he would completely dominate but since hes in land of the heavyweight he dont get the respect he deserves.
Yeah he is better than sylvia imo.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He moves to well for Sylvia... He could just dance around him. I cant wait til someone like Brandon Vera beats Sylvia.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He moves to well for Sylvia... He could just dance around him. I cant wait til someone like Brandon Vera beats Sylvia.
I kinda like Vera, but he is so small and seems too cocky. I like some cockiness in a fighter, but calling out Lidell after you 4th pro fight is too much imo. I think he is going to have trouble with top HW's (including Sylvia) just based on the size factor. I would love to see vera cut to LHW and stay there.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Ill get the link up tomorrow probaly, but in an interview a few days ago Josh Barnett said that Aleksander Emelienenko could go to the UFC and dominate the HW division right now.

I know a lot of fans say that all the time but I think it really underlines the point when a top fighter says it. Barnett also has a possible matchup against a UFC HW at Pride's 'Real Deal' event in Las Vegas.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Ill get the link up tomorrow probaly, but in an interview a few days ago Josh Barnett said that Aleksander Emelienenko could go to the UFC and dominate the HW division right now.

I know a lot of fans say that all the time but I think it really underlines the point when a top fighter says it. Barnett also has a possible matchup against a UFC HW at Pride's 'Real Deal' event in Las Vegas.
i would love to see barnett smash a UFC heavy.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

I dont care what HW it is Barnett will dominate. There is not a HW in the UFC that could compete with him including Sylvia. I think the only one that could even make it outta round one would be Arvloski just because hes light on his feet but even he would get demolished. I just hope that they dont throw vera in against him I'm hoping Dana preps Vera to be futur HW champion because they are so weak at that division.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whilst Vera should go on to be UFC HW champ, he still does look pretty small at the weight, and yeah the HW division in UFC is pretty weak. If Arlovski had a chin he'd be fine, but his chin is awful.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont care what HW it is Barnett will dominate. There is not a HW in the UFC that could compete with him including Sylvia. I think the only one that could even make it outta round one would be Arvloski just because hes light on his feet but even he would get demolished. I just hope that they dont throw vera in against him I'm hoping Dana preps Vera to be futur HW champion because they are so weak at that division.
Oh yeah, Barnett would smash all. I have mixed feeling about Vera, I really think he should get to 205 where he would be MUCH better imo.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Made this into the MMA discussion thread, lets try and keep this thing on and near the top of page 1. Also added a poll for extra fun as well as prune defense.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Sylvia in the poll but I still dont think he'd last that long with Barnett. Arlovski style wise would probably do well, but if Barnett connected with his chin, it's over.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

LHW is stacked in the UFC so Vera would have a better chance of becoming HW Champion because its weak. His speed and submissions could work in his advantage at HW.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ne1 know the undercard for the Penn vs Hughes?
Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=even...htCard&eid=206

Looks pretty good to me, except somehow Danny Abbadi has snuck onto another card, I hope they just using him to build up Gurgel who is a good fighter.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=206

Looks pretty good to me, except somehow Danny Abbadi has snuck onto another card, I hope they just using him to build up Gurgel who is a good fighter.
Not bad, i'm considering going.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Man I'd love to get to a UFC event. Cage Rage over here is the closest thing I can get to.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Man I'd love to get to a UFC event. Cage Rage over here is the closest thing I can get to.
But youre closer to Japan and the real show over at PRIDE then any of us are, make a trip to the Sky dome !
Old 09-16-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

True, still not exactly close mind...

Old 09-16-2006, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I'd plan a vacation to Japan strictly to see a PRIDE event.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

What do you guys think about Renzo Gracie fighting Pat Miletich. I think Miletich will destroy...opinions?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=206

The most exciting match besides hughes penn will be Swick vs Loiseau i cannot wait for this fight. This will be where Swick proves himself as a top MW contender.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm taking Swick over Loiseau also.

I doubt Penn will beat Hughes again.

Also wanna see Jens Pulver, I think he wins this fight and eventually gets his title back.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Yeah, I'm taking Swick over Loiseau also.

I doubt Penn will beat Hughes again.

Also wanna see Jens Pulver, I think he wins this fight and eventually gets his title back.
Yeah im taking swick too. I also think hughes takes Penn but im pulling for Penn hes one of my favorite fighters.