Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wasn't overly impressive, looked a little rusty to me after his time off, but he's opened with a win over a pretty good guy.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
WAR Bisping, just got back and caught the event, did just what i thought of him, on to bigger and better things. It wouldnt surprise me to see him go up against Forrest fairly soon, as Forrest loves to stay on his feet it wouldn't expose Bispings weakest facet, his wrestling. Also if Bisping wins it's a huge win for him, and if he loses it rebuilds Forrest whilst Bisping wont lose face as he would be the underdog.
I think that would be the perfect match-up for both of them.

I'm hoping they replace the GSP fight with a more competitive bout. Everyone will buy it just to see Cro Cop, but I don't see any of the main bouts lasting past the first round.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love ur sig haha. I dont think that it will be replaced with a big fight really though, probably one to showcase a new talent or give someone one last chance, as with the theme of the event, maybe like Nick Diaz or someone like that.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they move Franca/Fisher to UFC 67, because right now Din Thomas/Clay Guida is a prelim on the Jan 25th UFN card.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
I didnt find Bisping to be overly impressive tbh. Not a bad performance at all, but he didnt set the world on fire.
Well the guy he faught is no can and is pretty underrated. He has sick submissions and i think Bisping did a good job avoiding them.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love ur sig haha. I dont think that it will be replaced with a big fight really though, probably one to showcase a new talent or give someone one last chance, as with the theme of the event, maybe like Nick Diaz or someone like that.
Diaz has a fight with that new Gracie organization so i dont see him fighting.

I also was unimpressed with the next PPV's line up. I dont think ppl will buy it for Cro Cop because i dont think many americans are familiar with him. Its a bunch of lopsided matches imo.

Also according to mmaweekly Matt Hughes will be fighting Chris Lytle soon and Karo Parisyan will be fighting Josh Koscheck.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Quote:
WAR Bisping, just got back and caught the event, did just what i thought of him, on to bigger and better things. It wouldnt surprise me to see him go up against Forrest fairly soon, as Forrest loves to stay on his feet it wouldn't expose Bispings weakest facet, his wrestling. Also if Bisping wins it's a huge win for him, and if he loses it rebuilds Forrest whilst Bisping wont lose face as he would be the underdog.

I'm hoping they replace the GSP fight with a more competitive bout. Everyone will buy it just to see Cro Cop, but I don't see any of the main bouts lasting past the first round.
Honestly, Cro Cop is an unknown name to the majority of UFC/American MMA fans. That was very evident in the fact that UFC didnt even make an announcement that they had signed him, simply mentioned him at the end of a UFC 67 promo. Once Cro Cop decapitates a fighter or two he will be the biggest draw in the company, though.

Honestly a fight I wouldnt mind seeing is if the UFC setup an open weight match between Chuck & Sylvia, other than Rampage & Herring/Cro Cop down the road neither of these guys have a clear opponent (i know sylvia is fighting whats his name, avg HW) and I think it could be an entertaining fight.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Quote:

Honestly, Cro Cop is an unknown name to the majority of UFC/American MMA fans. That was very evident in the fact that UFC didnt even make an announcement that they had signed him, simply mentioned him at the end of a UFC 67 promo. Once Cro Cop decapitates a fighter or two he will be the biggest draw in the company, though.

Honestly a fight I wouldnt mind seeing is if the UFC setup an open weight match between Chuck & Sylvia, other than Rampage & Herring/Cro Cop down the road neither of these guys have a clear opponent (i know sylvia is fighting whats his name, avg HW) and I think it could be an entertaining fight.
Tim Sylvia is the biggest piece of **** figher ever. ITs like he dotn even care to make any of his fights even remotely entertaining. All he does is use his height/reach to keep fighter from getting close and grinds out unimpressive/boring wins. There comes a point where u need to atleast put on a show for the fans. I mean Arlovski was injured in their last fight and instead of trying to put him away he just danced around for 3 extra rounds. I cant wait til Cro Cop kicks him in the ******* head and takes over the HW division. I think it might be time to bring back the cro cop sig.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Sylvia...

Sylvia vs Couture is supposed to e announced on Inside the UFC this Thursday for UFC 68.

Tim was supposed to be fighting Vera, but Vera has some sort of contract dispute. That basically leaves Arlovski who he's fought 3 times already, Cro Cop and Herring who haven't fought in the UFC yet, Gabriel Gonzaga who hasn't done anything title-shot worthy....Or bring a legend out of retirement until their new signings have built up a fan base.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Speaking of Sylvia...

Sylvia vs Couture is supposed to e announced on Inside the UFC this Thursday for UFC 68.

Tim was supposed to be fighting Vera, but Vera has some sort of contract dispute. That basically leaves Arlovski who he's fought 3 times already, Cro Cop and Herring who haven't fought in the UFC yet, Gabriel Gonzaga who hasn't done anything title-shot worthy....Or bring a legend out of retirement until their new signings have built up a fan base.
Couture? He should stay retired
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Speaking of Sylvia...

Couture? He should stay retired
I actually heard Gonzaga was going to fight Sylvia and was pissed because Gonzaga is not a title worthy opponent. Couture is one of my favorites ever so I will be pulling for him, I think Tim will grind out another boring win.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Speaking of Sylvia...

Vera supposed to be going to that new showtine org right? Bad move IMO, he had it made at UFC

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard about the Couture thing too, I would like to see that. Randy used to be an HW, so he knows how to carry the extra weight. If Randy wins (which he could), I don't know where he goes from there. It's not like he can stay in HW and defend his title against Cro Cop. It's a tough time to be a HW these days, you'll never be champ in Pride or the UFC.

I'm not sure about Vera's future plans are, but the reason he isn't fighting Timmy is because he only has one fight left on his UFC contract.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically, vera has 1 fight left but wants a ton of money to resign with the UFC. This pissed Dana off so the plan now is to have vera sit on his ass for a year or so and right before his contract is up, Dana is going to schedule him for an untelevised undercard fight and release him. That is what I have heard as the latest news on Vera.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink

1 more day till Cro Cop debuts in UFC!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
basically, vera has 1 fight left but wants a ton of money to resign with the UFC. This pissed Dana off so the plan now is to have vera sit on his ass for a year or so and right before his contract is up, Dana is going to schedule him for an untelevised undercard fight and release him. That is what I have heard as the latest news on Vera.
Thats hilarious.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Thats hilarious.
Wow Dana can really hold a grudge lol, consider Vera buried.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

New poll. Now that im a mod I can change the one nerv had.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Travis Lutter was 2 pounds over weight at the weigh ins. He has 2 hours to get to 185. He had his head shaved completey bald and looked drained already. If he can't cut the weight that means this PPV has no title fight at all.

Cro Cop l;ooked severely annoyed with the whole weigh in process...he coems out, take shis shirt off then starts to step on the scale wth his shoes on, Dana has him take his shoes off, he gets on teh scale with long pants on. Weighs 223. Sounded like nobody knew who he was, he got a very modest ovation.

Terry Martin also came in over weight, he has to lose 1 pound.

Rampage got a huge ovation...
Old 02-02-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
notsnufff

cool an mma thread i love mma almost as much as football! lutter couldnt make weight after those 2 hours either, came in at 187 and only dropped to 186.5 so its now a non title 3 round fight.

funny thing is this actually increases lutters chance to win because he cant ko or sub silva and needs to bore out a lay n pray decision to win, this makes it 10 less minutes silva has to knock his ass out

o ya this poll is funny too i voted for the last option even tho thats what a tko is in mma
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsBandwagon
cool an mma thread i love mma almost as much as football! lutter couldnt make weight after those 2 hours either, came in at 187 and only dropped to 186.5 so its now a non title 3 round fight.

funny thing is this actually increases lutters chance to win because he cant ko or sub silva and needs to bore out a lay n pray decision to win, this makes it 10 less minutes silva has to knock his ass out

o ya this poll is funny too i voted for the last option even tho thats what a tko is in mma
Lutter v Silva really shouldn't go past 2 rounds anyways so it's no biggie lol.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

What do some of you think is going to go down tonight?

I think Rampage will disappoint, because Marvin Eastman is a bad matchup for him. I think it'll be an unimpressive victory for Rampage.

I also think Eddie Sanchez is going to get his block knocked off from his shoulders by Cro Cop!
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
wesbun27

So when is Rampage vs Liddell gonna be announced??
Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim

I think Rampage will disappoint, because Marvin Eastman is a bad matchup for him. I think it'll be an unimpressive victory for Rampage.

I also think Eddie Sanchez is going to get his block knocked off from his shoulders by Cro Cop!
You weren't far wrong really, Rampage was strugglign rd 2 until he landed the sweet uppercuts.

How about that Tyson Griffin vs Franky Edgar fight. That was amazing, and that kneebar at the end was so tight, I could barely watch the TV.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim

You weren't far wrong really, Rampage was strugglign rd 2 until he landed the sweet uppercuts.

How about that Tyson Griffin vs Franky Edgar fight. That was amazing, and that kneebar at the end was so tight, I could barely watch the TV.
Tyson Griffin got screwed IMO. One judge had it scored 30-27 theres noway in hell he lost every round. I had it even 1-1 after the first 2 than in the 3rd round he got jacked in hte nuts and the ref didnt do nothing. After getting his nut smashed he still had one of hte most vicious knee bars I've ever saw. Screw job imo. Edgar did good though, They need a rematch.

Rampage looked a lil sluggish. was glad to see him end the fight early.

Cro Cop looked good, I was hoping for a better ending though.

Anderson Silva is a beast I dont see him losing anytime soon. He showed that his ground game is also no joke.

Terry Martin is also a beast and hits HARD. I dont think hes any threat to the title but I see some KO's from him coming soon. Id like to see him vs Chris Leben. Just to see leben get his head smashed.

Ryoto Machida impressed even though they didnt show the fight I read the review. He put Hoger on his ass in each round. Hes a sleeper I think he could be in title contention in the future.