Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see Machida or Martin, so that kinda blows. What are your thoughts on the Huerta fight? He seemed to land the knee on the shoulder but the way his opponent went out it seemed to be a knee to the head, weird.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
I didn't see Machida or Martin, so that kinda blows. What are your thoughts on the Huerta fight? He seemed to land the knee on the shoulder but the way his opponent went out it seemed to be a knee to the head, weird.
Ya it looked like the shoulder, but you usually won't see MMA fighters fake injuries so I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Ya it looked like the shoulder, but you usually won't see MMA fighters fake injuries so I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah there's no doubt he was legit out. But it was weird the way it happened.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little MMA update...

Apparently Terry Martin was not lying when he said hes the hardest hitting MW. He broke Jorge Riveras Nose and Jaw.

Cro Cop is alreayd ready to fight again and will fight in April at the UFC UK event (which is rumored to air on HBO) My guess is he will fight Chiek Kongo.

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin Rematch is also rumored to be on that card.

The month of April has 6 mma events including 2 pride and 2 ufc PPV's in the same month. MMA is getting bigger and bigger i love this more than one PPV a month.

Hermes Franca apparently is next in line for a title shot at 155.

New poll up soon
Old 02-09-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
A little MMA update...

Apparently Terry Martin was not lying when he said hes the hardest hitting MW. He broke Jorge Riveras Nose and Jaw.

Cro Cop is alreayd ready to fight again and will fight in April at the UFC UK event (which is rumored to air on HBO) My guess is he will fight Chiek Kongo.

The month of April has 6 mma events including 2 pride and 2 ufc PPV's in the same month. MMA is getting bigger and bigger i love this more than one PPV a month.

New poll up soon
Don't suppose you know how far in advance tickets go on sale for the UFC, I haven't seen anything for the Manchester event but I HAVE to get there. Bisping, Tito, Forrest, Cro Cop and Kongo, all pretty exciting fighters! :twisted:

Old 02-09-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
A little MMA update...

New poll up soon
Don't suppose you know how far in advance tickets go on sale for the UFC, I haven't seen anything for the Manchester event but I HAVE to get there. Bisping, Tito, Forrest, Cro Cop and Kongo, all pretty exciting fighters! :twisted:
I hear what you're saying about having to go. When the UFC comes to Montreal im gonna for sure try and get tickets. I've always wondered what it would be like to watch a UFC event live
Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gets a title shot first?

Cro Cop is fighting at UFC 70, not a ttitle shot (Probably Cheik Kongo.)
Diego is fighting Koscheck at UFC 69.
Rampage said he needs another warmup match.

Chuck Liddell is fighting at UFC 71, opponent is TBA, and Jardine just beat the guy that was probably next in line for a title shot. Rashad could possibly get the shot, but I doubt it.

Jardine.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Tyson Griffin got screwed IMO. One judge had it scored 30-27 theres noway in hell he lost every round. I had it even 1-1 after the first 2 than in the 3rd round he got jacked in hte nuts and the ref didnt do nothing. After getting his nut smashed he still had one of hte most vicious knee bars I've ever saw. Screw job imo. Edgar did good though, They need a rematch.
Whoever didn't see this fight, make a point to watch it. I was a little surprised by the decision too. That kneebar was just ridiculous, he's a freak.

Quote:
Terry Martin is also a beast and hits HARD. I dont think hes any threat to the title but I see some KO's from him coming soon. Id like to see him vs Chris Leben. Just to see leben get his head smashed.
Man, I don't know. Didn't he drop two weight classes from where he was fighting? He's still young too, he'd have a punchers chance against anyone. LOL @ the Leben fight, that would be a joke I'd pay top dollar to hear the punchline to.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Who gets a title shot first?

Cro Cop is fighting at UFC 70, not a ttitle shot (Probably Cheik Kongo.)
Diego is fighting Koscheck at UFC 69.
Rampage said he needs another warmup match.

Chuck Liddell is fighting at UFC 71, opponent is TBA, and Jardine just beat the guy that was probably next in line for a title shot. Rashad could possibly get the shot, but I doubt it.

Jardine.
I think it'll come down to rather Diego (assuming he wins) or Matt gets the next title shot. It would be nice if they'd be on the same card when Cro Cop gets his shot.

Actually after reading your layout there, you might be right in saying Jardine. He's not even close to being ready, but who else would it be at 71?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Look at me post whoring.....just a lot of stuff to go over.

Main Card Bouts:
-Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Randy Couture (This will get ugly)
-Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight)* vs. Chris Lytle (Why?)
-Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight)* vs. Jason MacDonald (I called this one after J-Macs last win, but I think Rich will give him a solid beating to the face)
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral (#6 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Jason Lambert (again, why?)
-Martin Kampmann vs. Drew McFedries (I'm not hardcore enough to care)

What a horrible card, I probably won't even be seeing this one live.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Liddell's rumored opponent is Rampage (mmaweekly).

Better than Jardine.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Now Liddell's rumored opponent is Rampage (mmaweekly).

Better than Jardine.
I don't know about that, I'd like to see Rampage have another tune up before this fight, Rampage looked a little leggy and rusty again "the beastman". Maybe Jardine vs Rampage in an eliminator.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich Franklin's my boy representing the 513, he also taught at my HS.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink

Theres an MMA event on tonight if anyone is interested, its a new company that is having there first event. Im pretty sure it's on Showtime in the US and it's on The Fight Network in Canada.

The main event is Frank Shamrock vs. one of the Gracies. David Loiseau is also fighting in the event and I forget the others but theres a few more recognizable names fighting in the event. It's starts at 10:30
Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Theres an MMA event on tonight if anyone is interested, its a new company that is having there first event. Im pretty sure it's on Showtime in the US and it's on The Fight Network in Canada.

The main event is Frank Shamrock vs. one of the Gracies. David Loiseau is also fighting in the event and I forget the others but theres a few more recognizable names fighting in the event. It's starts at 10:30
It's Elite XC and has 4 solid fights on, sadly I don't have Showtime so I couldn't see it. Heading off to look at the results now.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Watched the EXC event. They played the prelims on proelite.com, and mma-tv.net had the main card streaming live, so I saw all 10 fights.

Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie was the fight of the night. If I wasn't already convinced, I definately am now, womens MMA is great. Oh, and Gina is freaking hot.

Also, Frank Shamrock is a classless punk, pure and simple. Renzo was beating him, Frank kneed him in the head twice while they were on the ground and got DQ'ed. Personally I think he was trying to get a NC, but the knees were ruled intentional. Then in the interview he's trying to pass it off like he didn't know the rules and "he thought they were there to fight" basically rippng on Renzo.

Overall it was a very good show, but they need to do away with Bill Goldberg...Mauro Ranallo and Jay Glazer would be a good team, they don't need a 3rd wheel that knows jack and says stupid crap like "concussions don't matter."
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Watched the EXC event. They played the prelims on proelite.com, and mma-tv.net had the main card streaming live, so I saw all 10 fights.

Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie was the fight of the night. If I wasn't already convinced, I definately am now, womens MMA is great. Oh, and Gina is freaking hot.

Also, Frank Shamrock is a classless punk, pure and simple. Renzo was beating him, Frank kneed him in the head twice while they were on the ground and got DQ'ed. Personally I think he was trying to get a NC, but the knees were ruled intentional. Then in the interview he's trying to pass it off like he didn't know the rules and "he thought they were there to fight" basically rippng on Renzo.

Overall it was a very good show, but they need to do away with Bill Goldberg...Mauro Ranallo and Jay Glazer would be a good team, they don't need a 3rd wheel that knows jack and says stupid crap like "concussions don't matter."
I couldn't agree more, the things he said after the fight were just flat out stupid. I was surprised one of the Gracie's didn't confront him about the things he said.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Trash talking is a big part of any competitive sport and no fight on the Elite XC debut card had more jaw jacking than the bout between Hawaii’s KJ Noons and the always entertaining Charles “Crazy Horse” Bennett. A feeling out period left the crowd wondering if the two warriors were going to ever engage but soon after the stand-up war ensued. Noons landed some good leg kicks that seemed to slow Bennett down at points but it was the thunderous right hand from “Crazy Horse” that ended the fight. The enormous shot was followed up with a few more punches before the referee stepped in declaring Charles “Crazy Horse” Bennett the winner at 3:43 in the 1st round by knockout.
- from MMAweekly
He's not for everyone, but he has a new fan. He's like watching NASCAR for the wrecks. The guy doesn't even train or he might be very dangerous. Some of the things he says leaves you thinking, "what did he just say"? These aren't verbatim but:

Q: Why did you stop doing drugs?
A: Gf put me in jail.

Q: If not fighting, how would you earn your money?
A: Rob and steal.

Q: Is the story about you and Wand true?
A: Yes. In the locker room, he was talking smack and I kept smiling at him. He swung on on me and 3 minutes later I woke up to kicks. I got up and knocked him out. I put his ass to sleep. I went outside and started laughing until he woke up to come find me. I said you just got knocked out, and then I ran away.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Quote:
Trash talking is a big part of any competitive sport and no fight on the Elite XC debut card had more jaw jacking than the bout between Hawaii’s KJ Noons and the always entertaining Charles “Crazy Horse” Bennett. A feeling out period left the crowd wondering if the two warriors were going to ever engage but soon after the stand-up war ensued. Noons landed some good leg kicks that seemed to slow Bennett down at points but it was the thunderous right hand from “Crazy Horse” that ended the fight. The enormous shot was followed up with a few more punches before the referee stepped in declaring Charles “Crazy Horse” Bennett the winner at 3:43 in the 1st round by knockout.
- from MMAweekly
He's not for everyone, but he has a new fan. He's like watching NASCAR for the wrecks. The guy doesn't even train or he might be very dangerous. Some of the things he says leaves you thinking, "what did he just say"? These aren't verbatim but:

Q: Why did you stop doing drugs?
A: Gf put me in jail.

Q: If not fighting, how would you earn your money?
A: Rob and steal.

Q: Is the story about you and Wand true?
A: Yes. In the locker room, he was talking smack and I kept smiling at him. He swung on on me and 3 minutes later I woke up to kicks. I got up and knocked him out. I put his ass to sleep. I went outside and started laughing until he woke up to come find me. I said you just got knocked out, and then I ran away.

I saw the little piece about him in the preview show and it made me laugh. The best part about him is that he get's his cardio from playing pickup basketball.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

I couldn't agree more, the things he said after the fight were just flat out stupid. I was surprised one of the Gracie's didn't confront him about the things he said.
I've just noticed The Crow lost on this card, how did he look? I like watching him fight so I hope it wasn't too bad.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

The Crow got dominated. He was a totally different fighter than he was 2 years ago.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
The Crow got dominated. He was a totally different fighter than he was 2 years ago.
:( That sucks, he's got a lot of talent as well. Motivation a problem maybe?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it looks like Rampage is getting the first title shot on the poll. A little pre mature IMO

A fight that im really interested in seeing next is Melvin Guillard vs Joe Stevenson. This will be on the next Ultimate fight night and it should be a war. Im going with Melvin if it stays standing but if Joe Daddy can get him on the ground and keep him there he should win easily. Should be a great match.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The main event from last night was good, Evan Tanner took some vicious elbows.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Gabriel Gonzaga is slated as Cro Cops next victim.