Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is taking so long with Fedor negotiations?????

I have already heard several reports that they were close, yet nothing's happenning.

It would suck big time if Fedor doesn't wind up in UFC.

The best fighter should be in the best organization.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
good idea, do you have to make a weight, if so drink a ton of water until the day of weigh ins, if you are over sit in a sauna the whole day.
No, I don't have to make weight but it probably will go up because I'm gonna gain a lot of muscle. In respect to Tito Ortiz I think is still banged up and have no chance against Evans.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking do you all think it is possible for Coture to cut back down to 205? If he did he could fight Liddell again and the winner of that match faces the loser of Rampage VS. Henderson, so Coture will possibly have LHW and HWT belts for UFC
I think it could be possible for Couture to do that but I do not think he will. First he has to get through Gonzaga who is a freaking animal and could present problems for Randy. Secondly, if Hendo beats Page than I dont think Coture would fight him because Hendo and Coture have been training partners at team quest before Randy started his own gym out in Las Vegas.

I dont think there will be a Liddell/Coture 4 it would be kind of redundent. I think one of two things happens, If Rampage beats Hendo than I think Liddell gets the rematch. If Hendo wins, I think Chuck and Wandy go at it and the winner of that fights Hendo.

There are alot of different possibilitys at LHW, I think Liddell/Silva will defintely happen sometime. Shogun is coming to the UFC in September so they will throw him an easier fight before they give him a title shot. The winner of Tito/Rashad will be deservent of some kind of title shot (especially if its Rashad that wins) There is all sorts of things that could happen.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I trained for about 3 hours today, I also met with a nutritionist to set up a high-protein diet. Today was basic fight training as I go on in the week I'll learn the jist of striking, takedowns, defense, etc. I'll try to keep you guys updated the fight is at 9est on Saturday.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I think it could be possible for Couture to do that but I do not think he will. First he has to get through Gonzaga who is a freaking animal and could present problems for Randy. Secondly, if Hendo beats Page than I dont think Coture would fight him because Hendo and Coture have been training partners at team quest before Randy started his own gym out in Las Vegas.

I dont think there will be a Liddell/Coture 4 it would be kind of redundent. I think one of two things happens, If Rampage beats Hendo than I think Liddell gets the rematch. If Hendo wins, I think Chuck and Wandy go at it and the winner of that fights Hendo.

There are alot of different possibilitys at LHW, I think Liddell/Silva will defintely happen sometime. Shogun is coming to the UFC in September so they will throw him an easier fight before they give him a title shot. The winner of Tito/Rashad will be deservent of some kind of title shot (especially if its Rashad that wins) There is all sorts of things that could happen.

Do you think that would happen before or after the Shogun Henderson fight assuming Henderson wins?

Also assuming that Henderson wins against Rampage due to his victory over Silva and Rampage lose to Silva, I think the winner of Rashad Tito could go up against Liddell and the winner of that could go up against Rampage or Henderson hell even Shogun, who ever has the UFC belt.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 07-02-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Ravens1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you think that would happen before or after the Shogun Henderson fight assuming Henderson wins?

Also assuming that Henderson wins against Rampage due to his victory over Silva and Rampage lose to Silva, I think the winner of Rashad Tito could go up against Liddell and the winner of that could go up against Rampage or Henderson hell even Shogun, who ever has the UFC belt.
Well Shogun fights in late September so hes not going to get a title shot right away. I think they have to give Chuck some kind of rematch, so if Rampage beats Hendo I think Chuck is the logical next opponent.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Well Shogun fights in late September so hes not going to get a title shot right away. I think they have to give Chuck some kind of rematch, so if Rampage beats Hendo I think Chuck is the logical next opponent.
1st off, ravens, MMAth doesnt work, it has been proven. Just never make that assumption, here it is not a big deal, but if this were at sherdog u would get flamed for MMAth by like a million people. Although I do think Hendo will beat Rampage, Silva has nothing to do with it. I am thinking the plan is Chuck vs someone decent/ good (silva), Chuck or Silva gets rematch w winner of Hendo-Page, and if Shogun is undefeated in UFC, Shogun will fight for the belt at the rumored, huge, super event. Thats my best guess.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-02-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK I see, I am still a bit of noob w/ MMA, I was just using common oppnents like they do in wrestling
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what would piss me off is if the Silva beats Lidell then he beats the winner of Hendo vs Rampage, which would mean that Shogun won't get a title shot until he loses the belt, because Chute Boxe guys don't fight each other

Last edited by fenikz : 07-02-2007 at 11:50 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he could just face Silva.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he won't, they have said it before and thats why Shogun never had a title shot in Pride

Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

why does Silva back down or are they buds?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

they are friends, they train together at chute boxe academy in brazil

Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shogun and Fedor are both next in line for title shots.

link
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

You guys will HATE this news:

Quote:
On the possibility of the Quinton Jackson-Dan Henderson fight being a unification fight:

"No. What we’re doing with that thing is we’re respecting both (the UFC and PRIDE) titles. The UFC title is the UFC champion and we’re respecting Dan as the PRIDE champion. Quinton will walk out with his belt if Dan wins and vice versa."
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1751066.php

Rampage-Hendo is a non-title bout. Sorry, guys.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

then why the **** did they even buy pride?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
then why the **** did they even buy pride?
I don't understand this either. Shogun-Rampage is interesting, but not as interesting as Shogun-Hendo.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

well shogun destroyed rampage and im sure he would do it agian, but hendo would be a good fight

Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
well shogun destroyed rampage and im sure he would do it agian, but hendo would be a good fight
That fight was too lopsided, who wants to see a repeat of that? I sure dont. Hendo vs Rampage not being a title fight is a ripoff, why elsle would they set this fight up right away, you think theyd give Hendo a different fight to start off with to build up some steam. Also you think since this is not a title fight theyd have Hendo fight at MW instead which is his natural weight. I just dont understand.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm watching some Shogun fights from the ref cam right now, he is even more devastating from that view

Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

where do you get those Fenikz, that is preety lame, UFC owns Pride but it isnt a title fight.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/07/03/repo...-championship/

It says it will be a UFC title fight, but Henderson is keeping the Pride belt no matter what.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
where do you get those Fenikz, that is preety lame, UFC owns Pride but it isnt a title fight.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...-arona-ref-cam
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...-jackson-ref-c

Last edited by fenikz : 07-04-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

thanks a lot
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Up until this year Pride owned UFC hard.