Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carwin has pulled out of the Big Country fight because of a back injury. Obviously it won't be Brock because Brock isn't fighting anywhere near January, but they are going to have to scramble for an opponent for Nelson and it has to be a decent draw since Big Country and Carwin was the co-main event. Maybe they will just bump Vera and Thiago to the Co main event. It would be to their best interest though to find a big name opponent for Roy because I don't think Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard is a big draw for a caual fight fan.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's sad if the casual fan isn't interested in Edgar/ Maynard 2. Their first fight was a good one, and both guys have grown to be incredible fighters. The lightweight division may be the most exciting one right now. I really wish that we could see Gil Melendez, Alvarez, Aoki, and some other guys in the UFC to fight Frankie, Maynard, Penn, Florian, Dunham, G-Sot, etc.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching Aoki against Gil, with the number of top flight wrestlers in the UFC 155 division with good sub defense Aoki probably wouldn't be much of a factor. Would love to see Eddie Alvarez in the UFC though. I disagree though I definitely think the LHW and HW divisions in MMA are more exciting.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Aldo going to move up at some point?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Probably since he has said he'd like to move to 155 in the future but probably not any time soon. In the WEC alone he probably has at least 2 more title defenses set up for him probably Hominick and Grispi. Mabye Diego Nunes. We also don't know if they might put on a WEC superfight against Ben Henderson or even better if Anthony Pettis somehow pulls the upset on Henderson that would be an electric fight. Aldo is the main draw for the WEC now that Urijah is building back up at 35 and Mike Brown has faded, they might want to keep him around for the sake of the organization.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That fat bastard Roy Nelson cracks me up.

"Just woke up some one told me about shane not going to past the drug test, or he was scared to fight because of my bad knee, bad hair, bad attitude."
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
After watching Aoki against Gil, with the number of top flight wrestlers in the UFC 155 division with good sub defense Aoki probably wouldn't be much of a factor. Would love to see Eddie Alvarez in the UFC though. I disagree though I definitely think the LHW and HW divisions in MMA are more exciting.
I see what you're saying about Aoki. I could see him losing to Edgar, Maynard, Penn, and Gil again. At the same time though, he's so good at what he does that any fight is interesting. His hit list is pretty damn impressive.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think even guys like Sherk, Dunham and maybe even a Diego Sanchez or Guida could give Aioki problems, it's a different game over here. Still though he can catch anyone in the world off his back.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I see what you're saying about Aoki. I could see him losing to Edgar, Maynard, Penn, and Gil again. At the same time though, he's so good at what he does that any fight is interesting. His hit list is pretty damn impressive.
I really think wearing the pants in Dream helps him more than people realize. He's one dimensional and will get overpowered by most of the 155ers in Strikeforce and UFC.

Pulling guard the way he does in Japan doesn't work here because fighters are more about winning than putting on a good show.

Another thing is that the guy doesn't have much of a chin.

I respect guys who get it done with one tool, but they have to actually be able to "get it done". Like with Shields (ya, he looked like crap in his return to 170)... All he has is grappling. But Shields can force you to grapple with him. Aoki can't force anyone to grapple with him. Cro Cop has great striking, and force fighters to strike with him because his TDD is phenomenal.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cain Velasquez is the baddest man on the planet. There is no one in UFC who can beat him.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Cain Velasquez is the baddest man on the planet. There is no one in UFC who can beat him.
I think JDS might KO him.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I don't know JDS is a tough matchup. More accurate striking and thus far has proven to have really good takedown defense and he should be good off his back although he hasn't been put there yet. Cain is no doubt a beast but unlike Brock he won't overwhelm anyone simply on brute size and strength. As the Kongo fight showed it isn't automatic like when Brock gets you down 90% of fighters will never get back up. Cain still has to work his way to victories. I think JDS and Carwin both have the tools to beat him. I think even Roy Nelson would be a stern test. No doubt Cain is the favorite in all of those fights but I don't know if he's invinceable like many people think. Damn I hope Dana can get Overeem at some point, I don't think people realize how complete of a fighter he actually is, and now that he's a hulking brute he has even that going for him.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know JDS had amazing striking, but Cain Velasquez is no slouch at on his feet. I think he will be able to take him down as well. One think though, I think Cain has a great chin, although not many people have been able to test him.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know JDS had amazing striking, but Cain Velasquez is no slouch at on his feet. I think he will be able to take him down as well. One think though, I think Cain has a great chin, although not many people have been able to test him.
I know Cain pretty much owned Cheick Kongo when they fought, but Kongo clipped him a few times and to me, exposed a few deficiencies in Cain's striking defense. Now that fight was a long time ago and those issues haven't popped up again to this date, but a guy like JDS might be the person who can find a crack and pounce.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's MMA in the HW division, man. With 4 oz. gloves, winning 4 defenses would be surprising to me.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JDS is gonna rape him
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I mean I dont' think it's even the whole anyone can win argument, I really think there are guys who match up well with him and don't just have a punchers chance.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

News on the UFC/WEC merger straight from the horse's mouth.

I see pros and cons to both. Now we can see some of those great lighter weight guys getting some exposure. They can only live on Faber's name so much, so now the UFC name being behind them is going to be a good opportunity for them to get some shine.

On the down side, this may cause some overexposure for the UFC name. I doubt it since MMA is the type of sport that isn't held too often. There's also the deal with getting all of those guys fights now that the UFC has more fighters under it's name. Of course that could also lead to a network deal with Fox or NBC to get more events. Imagine a WEC type card on NBC. That would be great!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I heard the rumor of Dana expanding to a UFC channel. Kind of dumb if you ask me. I sure as hell am not going to pay an extra $10-15 a month on my cable bill for a UFC channel just to watch old fights, free fight night cards, and TUF. I don't know how many people will pay for a channel that is going to give us what Spike has been giving us for free. Would suck if this actually happens. Definitely would hurt Spike's ratings. They definitely won't be having the PPV's on this UFC channel so you've got to be a hardcore UFC fan to order a channel with repeats of old fights and such. I don't think there are frequent enough events or enough fighters to do a channel like NFL Network or NBA TV which has breaking news every day.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC is running with a full head of steam right now, but it would be incredibly stupid to have a UFC channel, i doubt there's any substance to that rumor.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I'm not a fan of a UFC premium channel either. If it was on a satellite plus package like NFL Network and NBA TV I'd go for it, but an extra $10 a month isn't worth it when you could get HBO, Starz, etc. for the same price.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC seems really close with ESPN/ABC, would love to start seeing stuff on there
Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend is taking business classes and the teacher just talked about how Dana white is one of the best businessman in the world. That means a lot fellas.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=5737833

Holy Hell, Aldo is expected to defend the UFC 145 pound title for the first time on that sick Jan 1st card. Haha just as I was talking the other day about how they could replace the Carwin/Nelson co fight. Also the winner of the December WEC title fight between Benson Henderson and Anthony Pettis gets the winner of the Maynard and Edgar title bout. That's hella exciting as well. Looks like the fight might be Ben Henderson vs Maynard which is a great fight in its own right but damn imagine Pettis vs Edgar. That would be fcking electric. I'm rooting for them to win. Sam Stout vs Korean Zombie, someone make that happen. Something tells me we will see Tyson Griffin/Urijah Faber pt. 2.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that Dana White is not the brains behind the operation. Marketing and fight promotion is his forte, but I think actual business decisions are made by other people within the organization.