Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
**** you buddy, Anthony Pettis is god
PFFTT...I am a a HUGE fan of Clay "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth" Guida....and I still think Ben Hendo can beat Pettis in a rematch...and even though i rly rly rly dislike him...Maynard can take Pettis as well

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think many if any LW wrestler in the UFC could beat Pettis, his ground game off his back is prob tops in the division and he certainly is a better striker than any of the fighters you mentioned. That's what Edgar vs Pettis should be happening, would be a potential fight of the year, but Dana ****** it up

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettis would own Edgar. Edgar's striking game isn't great...he uses the punches in bunches style. I would take Pettis by KO in w.e. round he wants it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-21-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettis is not the best off his back in the division, maybe the most explosive off his back but definitely not the most skilled. I do think working with Askren has given him top level takedown defense as he stuffed Shane Roller a ton who is an all american wrestler. The Bendo fight impressed me a ton because IMO Bendo's grappling is elite with his strength and technique. Can't say he'd be the favorite against either Maynard or Frankie but he definitely wouldn't be an underdog. The Clay fight is interesting. Clay is tough to hit, hard to KO and hard to submit. He also can keep his opponent down on the ground with lay n pray giving the appearance to the ref that he's actually doing something since he is consantly rubbing his head on the opponents chest. Pettis needs to not be fooled by the senseless head movement. He needs to attack Guida the way Diego Sanchez did. Press him and watch him crumble as his technique striking is actually very poor and clunky. Once you settle down and not fall into his game Guida is pretty cruddy on his feet.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hominick just showed why I said even before they announced it that he deserved the title fight over Grispi. He has skills to pose some threat to Aldo. BTW Pat Barry kind of sucks. Has great leg kicks but his boxing is loose, he has zero wrestling and ground game, and he's a smallish heavyweight.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its been a minute since I saw a UFC thanks to me being at school. I got mitrione in this one.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Guillard can throw some.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guillard can be a champ at Jacksons camp. The guys athletic ability is unheard of. Now he is finally at a legit camp watch out world.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i assume that all the Dunham nuthuggers are now dead and gone

Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty surprised Guillard won that fight. But **** hes quick
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Damn Guillard is another guy to mix in that title conversation. If the Guida/Pettis fight isn't official which I'm not sure yet might as well put Guillard against Pettis since Pettis fights in June and Melvin got no damage done to him. Melvin now is 7-1 in his last 8 UFC fights including 4 in a row last two Jeremey Stephens and this demolishion of Dunham. Still though Guillard's sub defense is still probably spotty and he still gasses if he gets into the later rounds. In any given round though Guilllard can beat anyone.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melvin is living up to his potential now. He's always been a good striker, but now he's not so bad on the ground. Dunham usually works guys over on the ground and Melvin stayed calm and out of danger against a guy with a good ground game. He's also mixing his striking up a lot better than he used to. Before he was a headhunter that got by on his speed, power, and head movement. Now he's throwing in different things. I'm excited for his future. I know that sounds weird with how many fights he has been in, but he's always been a big underachiever with attitude issues. I guess it really does show how good of a camp Jackson's is.

Hominick is the right type of striker to make a good bout with Aldo. He's patient and picks his shots instead of just winging things. I look forward to their fight at 129.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lighweight division is so stacked with contenders now. Guida, Pettis, Guillard, Sotiropolous and Miller are all in the title situation at the moment. There should be some good matchups from this group in the future.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hominick just showed why I said even before they announced it that he deserved the title fight over Grispi. He has skills to pose some threat to Aldo. BTW Pat Barry kind of sucks. Has great leg kicks but his boxing is loose, he has zero wrestling and ground game, and he's a smallish heavyweight.
So proud to say that I use to take Kickboxing and BJJ lessons from Hominick at Extreme Couture here in Toronto.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guillard showing the benefits of working with the Greg Jackson camp.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whilst I know everyone here knows this anyway I just wanted to vent... Dan Miragliotta is a friggin idiot. Who stands up guys on the ground when the guy on the bottom is CLEARLY working for a kimura?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty taken aback by the fact that they were promoting a cause that helps people with brain damage by holding an MMA event in its honor. Kind of like the Pub Crawls for Cancer. Kinda ******* stupid. The coup de grace was the vicious KOs that ended a couple of the fights.

I mean, I'm a huge MMA fan, but I was pretty offended that they'd promote that charity with fighting.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Man...Cody with the tough loss....Love the kid...showed a lot of good stuff...I think he'll make a good competitor at lightweight. He puts on pretty good fights.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Whilst I know everyone here knows this anyway I just wanted to vent... Dan Miragliotta is a friggin idiot. Who stands up guys on the ground when the guy on the bottom is CLEARLY working for a kimura?
Dan Miragliotta does it, that's who. He does stupid things a lot, so it's no shock that he would do that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Just saw a cool UFC 127 hype video on Australian tv. A really great piece about how the fighters are far from the thugs media portrays them. Sotiroupolos, Penn and Fitch are really smart guys.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Penn is just a rich spoiled douchebag basically what you expect out of most people born into wealth

Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

speaking of Mirgliotta, I dont believe in MMA being fake or other conspiracies. But its ******* strange that he still has a job
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

lol ive never heard that conspiracy

Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
speaking of Mirgliotta, I dont believe in MMA being fake or other conspiracies. But its ******* strange that he still has a job
He got a lot better for awhile.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I was pretty taken aback by the fact that they were promoting a cause that helps people with brain damage by holding an MMA event in its honor. Kind of like the Pub Crawls for Cancer. Kinda ******* stupid. The coup de grace was the vicious KOs that ended a couple of the fights.

I mean, I'm a huge MMA fan, but I was pretty offended that they'd promote that charity with fighting.
a Pub Crawl for Liver Disease would be a more accurate analogy.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote