Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was it that best damn sports show Rampage special? Because saturday I saw Henderson VS. Silva on the same channel that shows best damn sports show.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have seen K-1 on ESPN but not Pride
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Lyoto Machida will be shoguns 1st UFC fight, from what I have seen Shogun do to Rampage and Lyoto not being ranked in the top 10 on several MMA rankings,

There will probably be Lyoto blood all over the octagon. Also there is a rumor that Liddells next fight will be against Wanderlei Silva, I think that would be preety decent but I think Silva would win.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Shogun is fighting at 76 but as of now no body wants to fight him, where did you see Machida vs Shogun announced?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I know that Shogun is fighting at 76 but as of now no body wants to fight him, where did you see Machida vs Shogun announced?
MMA Weekly has it listed in their rumors. I actually like Machida could shock some people, hes no can.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I dont know a lot about Machida, do you think they are sending some guy out to get dominated to build up some Shogun hype for hopefully his title shots?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i dont think it matters who they put in front of shogun, i honestly feel he will KO everyone they put in front of him
Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dont think it matters who they put in front of shogun, i honestly feel he will KO everyone they put in front of him
Every LHW you mean, right?

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

probably, heck I think he could be a decent HWT also, he is a machine.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have to think about how some pride guys have been fairing so far, I want to see how Shogun reacts to not having his soccer kicks and head stomps. Also in his most recent pride fights shogun didnt look all that sharp, Cyrlle Diabiate a virtual unknown was actually pretty impressive against Shogun. Im not saying Machida is going to win but he should nto be looked at as a stepping stone, he should be looked at as a legitimate opponent.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
LB51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I dont know a lot about Machida, do you think they are sending some guy out to get dominated to build up some Shogun hype for hopefully his title shots?

Machia is a very good Fighter, one of only 2 Guys to defeat Rich Franklin
he has beat Penn although there is a huge size difference. Shogun has good stand up but he swings wild and Machida is a very technichal striker so if the fight stays on its fight ther us a chance shogun could get caught. but imo Shungun has the best ground game in the world but also Machida is no slouch on the ground either... so i wouldn't b completely shocked is shogun lost. with that bein said Shogun will most likely win becuz he is the superior fighter, Machida is jus a bad matchup for him
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You guys have to think about how some pride guys have been fairing so far, I want to see how Shogun reacts to not having his soccer kicks and head stomps. Also in his most recent pride fights shogun didnt look all that sharp, Cyrlle Diabiate a virtual unknown was actually pretty impressive against Shogun. Im not saying Machida is going to win but he should nto be looked at as a stepping stone, he should be looked at as a legitimate opponent.
yea some people said they wanted to see him fight a Tito Ortiz level opponent before they act like he gets a title shot due to the rule changes.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=2928261

Dana White interview, it is official the winner of Rampage VS. Henderson will get both the pride and UFC belt.

Also Kimbo Slice VS. Tank Abbott is going on september 14
Old 07-11-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN.com: Fedor Emelianenko -- when will he be in the UFC?
DW: We'll have him soon. We'll have him before the end of the year.
Great news.

Also Dana contradicted his earlier statement regarding the unification bout between Hendo and Rampage, but I'm glad it's for the titles.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Great news.

Also Dana contradicted his earlier statement regarding the unification bout between Hendo and Rampage,
but I'm glad it's for the titles.
in all honesty, dana white is never well put together. He's a great representation to the company from a fan perspective but he doesn't handle interviews or debates well. Just check out his interview with bill o'reilley, rich franklin..

Also, if he wants the sport to be more serious, i think he should drop the whole feud he has with fighters and to stop calling them "morons" He's not vince mcmahon and should be more professional if he truly wants MMA to overtake boxing.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

new ufc game coming out check out this video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21759.html
Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
LB51

Silva v Lidell is off
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

where did you hear that?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
LB51

Quote:
where did you hear that?
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8242
Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
new ufc game coming out check out this video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21759.html
Ya, I saw it on G4, looks amazing.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any 1 else watching spike right now its gabe Rudiger vs Melvin galard
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
any 1 else watching spike right now its gabe Rudiger vs Melvin galard
gallard won in the opening of the 2nd round with a body punch
Old 07-13-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

KO via body shot?

did he tap or was it just that brutal?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
KO via body shot?

did he tap or was it just that brutal?
Thats an older fight, Guillard hit him in the stomach and Ruediger fell over forward and coulldnt stand up.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guillard is beastly, too bad he juices...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote