Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Link? plz ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Quote:
I'm using the first one.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favourite 205lb fighters going at it now. Should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited. Let's go Bones!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think I care so much who wins because there are things about both that i can enjoy and things that irritate me a bit. I have no real problem with either, but neither oneis my favorite. Im more impressed with Jones as a talent than a fan and for Rampage I more find him amusing.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it matters too much to me who wins, but it'd be nice to see Jones step up and take control of the LHW division and give everyone else someone to really gun for.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
That looked easy for Koscheck.
He was just too long for Hughes.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the reliable streams are sucking tonight. The longest I got to watch this fight is about 4 seconds without it freezing for a little bit. I guess everyone is online wanting to watch it.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is just toying with Rampage right now.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My streams were so bad that I think I saw a total of 10 seconds of that fight. I re-loaded it and then heard Bruce Buffer with the decision.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too easy for Jones. Talk less trash next time Rampage.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love Jones. That was effortless for him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
It wasn't his fault. Jones' was spying on his camp. haha
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win for Jon Jones, I wish he beat him with a KO but still good fight.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Rampage's job is to talk and sell the fight. That's why his first two title defenses are against Rampage and Rashad. Those two will sell the fight, Jones won't.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no one will touch him, not a man on ufc's roster that has a chance

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Rampage's job is to talk and sell the fight. That's why his first two title defenses are against Rampage and Rashad. Those two will sell the fight, Jones won't.
Trash talking sells so it pays for the fighters to do that. Frank Mir gets a lot of top fights by talking trash about guys like Brock.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no one will touch him, not a man on ufc's roster that has a chance
Call me crazy, but I would like to see Machida have a crack.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Call me crazy, but I would like to see Machida have a crack.
I would like to see that too.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Anderson Silva back at 205 and have a crack.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Essentially two intriguing fights left for Bones in Machida and Anderson Silva. The former will probably happen at some point. The latter most likely will not. Jones has a few contenders he needs to lay to rest at 205 before he ever faces the Spider, and by that time, I don't think I would want to see an even older Anderson be ragdolled around the Octagon.

To me, Machida is the most legitimate threat to supplant Jones from the 205 throne. He's got an unorthodox sumo style of grappling in the clinch that might have a shot at nullifying Bones' impressive Greco-Roman base. Compounding that, he is by far the most evasive counterstriker Jones will have ever seen. Bones put on a nice little clinic in the striking department last night, but the difference between hitting Rampage and Machida is huge. Rampage is a stalker. He lumbers around the cage. It isn't hard to predict where he's going to be or what he's going to be doing. Machida is the exact opposite. It isn't easy to track him around the Octagon. He's an incredibly fluid fighter in how he attacks and moves. In addition, I think Machida has the ability to pepper Bones' thin legs with some textbook kicks and neutralize a little of that insane athleticism. It would be interesting to see how Jones would endure those for five rounds. I don't think Machida would have much of a shot at finishing him though. He'd have to outpoint him and win on experience. Overall, I really hope this fight happens. I think it is a tremendous stylistic match-up.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't rule out Hendo even at his age. Sure his takedown defense isn't the greatest even given his wrestling pedigree but still Jones won't be able to take him down immediately and it would be a question of if Jones can stay alive from the H-bomb before getting it on the matt. Even on the matt Hendo is pretty durable. I'd still take Bones but that would be an interesting fight as well. Call be crazy but even King Mo would be an interesting matchup, it's astonishing to me to see a guy like Phil Davis at #6 in rankings and King Mo outside of the top 10. Bones would have a hard time taking down Mo and Mo has some solid boxing especially with his reaching jab, he's also got a great chin. I think it would be a very competitive fight until Mo gasses round 3 or 4. Gustaffson is the guy in the future to watch for with his striking style and submissions. Most people say Phil Davis could challenge but he literally would have zero chance for Bones. He struggled to take down lil nog so he's not taking down Bones, plus his standup is horrendous.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

He's going to brutalize Evans (who will then go down to 185) and then he'll get Machida. Silva probably isn't going up to 205 anymore. He has said he isn't going to fight Jones, and I really don't think Joe Silva and Dana White want to make that fight either because putting both of those fighters in a position to lose in the same fight is a bad play.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bones can figure out how to hit Machida I don't see why Jones/Spider would be bad for the MMA. You've got the two best fighters in the world taking each other on, so of course one of them is going to be put in position to lose, but this type of mega fight would be huge for drawing even more people into the UFC, plus if all goes well we could see the most impressive trilogy in the history of MMA.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If Bones can figure out how to hit Machida I don't see why Jones/Spider would be bad for the MMA. You've got the two best fighters in the world taking each other on, so of course one of them is going to be put in position to lose, but this type of mega fight would be huge for drawing even more people into the UFC, plus if all goes well we could see the most impressive trilogy in the history of MMA.
Silva would get pushed against the cage and put on the mat. If Machida can't figure out Jones, there's no way Silva can because his TDD is just no where near Machida's and there's no way Jones bothers striking with Anderson when he knows he doesn't have to. It's a bad fight, and there's a reason Silva already said he won't fight Jones.

Same reason GSP won't fight Silva. GSP has no way to win.

If Jones goes through Evans and Machida, by then Mousasi should be back where he should be and we'll might see him in the UFC v. Jones. Either that, or Phil Davis (who should be glad he didn't have to fight Evans because he needs more work on his striking).

Last edited by nepg : 09-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Silva would get pushed against the cage and put on the mat. If Machida can't figure out Jones, there's no way Silva can because his TDD is just no where near Machida's and there's no way Jones bothers striking with Anderson when he knows he doesn't have to. It's a bad fight, and there's a reason Silva already said he won't fight Jones.

Same reason GSP won't fight Silva. GSP has no way to win.

If Jones goes through Evans and Machida, by then Mousasi should be back where he should be and we'll might see him in the UFC v. Jones. Either that, or Phil Davis (who should be glad he didn't have to fight Evans because he needs more work on his striking).
*shrug* anderson's got the speed and striking to finish that fight if he can stay away from Bones. Bones is a freak and all, but if Anderson's swinging at his best he can knock you out on the way into your first takedown.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote