Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured Id post to keep this on the front page leading up to a nice weekend of fighting with Bellator and the big Fox show this weekend. I have absolutley no clue who is going to win this one. I would be pretty confident in Cain if not for the long layoff/shoulder surgery. I'm still going to pick him because of his wrestling and the fact that it is a five round fight. His cardio is beastly. I would not be surprised at all if JDS wins though. I love fights that could go so many different ways because of the styles and overall talent of both fighters.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got JDS in this one.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a toss up, but I'm pulling for Cigano.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the fans can't lose in this one. I have no idea who is going to win and I ******* love it. All I know is that I would be proud to call either guy UFC HW champion.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Cain winning it. JDS is very talented, and I can see him winning. Cain though has all the tools to beat JDS, and he's got the better cardio. His wrestling is also very beastly, so even if JDS is winning the standup heavily at worse Cain can go for takedowns to throw him off balance. I can see JDS stuffing Cain's takedowns while he is fresh, and getting up quickly from them. How long can he keep that up if he doesn't put Cain away early? Cain is like Jason Voorhees. You can hit his ass in the head with an ax and he'd still keep on coming after you. I think he'll wear down JDS and eventually get the win in the third, but if JDS wins I wouldn't be surprised at all. He's very gifted as well.

I'm really glad to be getting this and Pac/Marquez on the same night.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I got Cain winning it. JDS is very talented, and I can see him winning. Cain though has all the tools to beat JDS, and he's got the better cardio. His wrestling is also very beastly, so even if JDS is winning the standup heavily at worse Cain can go for takedowns to throw him off balance. I can see JDS stuffing Cain's takedowns while he is fresh, and getting up quickly from them. How long can he keep that up if he doesn't put Cain away early? Cain is like Jason Voorhees. You can hit his ass in the head with an ax and he'd still keep on coming after you. I think he'll wear down JDS and eventually get the win in the third, but if JDS wins I wouldn't be surprised at all. He's very gifted as well.

I'm really glad to be getting this and Pac/Marquez on the same night.
*shrug* JDS could win the first few rounds before Cain's able to keep him on the ground. Dude's got lightening hands.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cigano's TDD is going to be key imo. There is always a chance Cain tries to bang with him but more than likely he'll try to do the ideal thing and wrestle.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JDS' conditioning is top notch doubt that's Cain's way to victory

Last edited by fenikz : 11-12-2011 at 01:20 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cigano's TDD is strong. We've never seen his Jitz because he never gets taken down. Should be interesting, but I really think Cigano will put Cain down before it even gets there. He's so much better as a striker. This is going to be an epic fight between the two clear-cut best HW's in the world.

Cannot wait!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
JDS' conditioning is top notch doubt that's Cain's way to victory
I love Junior, but he has shown major signs of fatigue in his recent fights. Granted, that's mostly because he was beating the **** out of two guys that are hard to put out and Cain should require nearly as many blows as Roy Nelson or Shane Carwin, but still... He got really tired in 3 round fights.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, JDS' cardio is excellent. Probably not as good as Cain's, but it isn't a weakness imo.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if JDS can go 5 rounds, while I'm pretty confident that Cain can. In the Kongo fight he got rocked multiple times yet still had a harder and stronger third round than any other in that fight. His pace is really insane. JDS' cardio isn't horrible like most heavyweights, but he does noticeably slow down the longer the fights go.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Idk if anyone watched the prelims but...28-28 for the Aaron Rosa fight? What?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched it. Lucas doesn't belong in the UFC.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I kinda like Alex Bruce Leroy Caceres so I'll root for him

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think he will get schooled, but he is usually fun to watch.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

LOL at Bruce Leeroy's switch kick.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Yeah I think he will get schooled, but he is usually fun to watch.
Looked pretty good in the 1st and through the 2nd

Wow that was great display of ground game by Alex.

That was a really good fight by Alex...impressive.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 11-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Looked pretty good in the 1st and through the 2nd
Honestly didn't think Bruce Leeroy had it in him.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Honestly didn't think Bruce Leeroy had it in him.
Colour me impressed. I did not expect that...I knew the flash would be there as always but he looked really patient and threw everything at Cole keeping him off balance.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Kid fought a pretty dumb fight imo. He had that really nice throw in the 1st but rly...why take it to the ground where Darren has he advantage? He should have kept it standing the whole time.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Cub Swanson got WWAAYYY too comfortable at the end there. Should have had more urgency.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this fight should be insane, I got Henderson by UD

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

oooo **** what a fight haha that was great...I like both guys so its all good haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. As a big time Edgar fan, I am a little worried with that amazing cardio and crazy tdd.