Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shogun would just press him against the cage, knee his legs and dirty box him, rampage has never figured out how to defend the clinch

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Idk...I think Shogun's showed he can take abuse and still come back OK...he went through some wars back in the Pride Fc days
Oh yeah, Shogun is durable as hell. A lot of guys would have died against Jones and Hendo if they took those beatings.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rampage is fighting Bader in Japan (144). Lame.

So many amazing fights in December...

Masvidal-Melendez
Gegard Mousasi-OSP
Lyoto-Jones
Mir-Big Nog
Korean Zombie-Hominick
Lesnar-Overeem
Cerrone-Diaz

And, ****, the TUF Finale fights could be really good, too.

Last edited by nepg : 11-25-2011 at 06:35 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox 2 announced, Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis. I'm going out on a limb and saying this is the fight that sets off Davis' rise to championship contender

Old 11-30-2011, 03:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. He's a one-trick pony and all of the other contenders in the division are also very good at the one thing he can do.

Rumor that Sonnen-Munoz will be the co-main.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

only person who can match him physically is Jones though

Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His striking is pretty poor...real robotic and clunky

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Fox 2 announced, Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis. I'm going out on a limb and saying this is the fight that sets off Davis' rise to championship contender
I would go out on that limb with you. Rashad just hasn't fought very much lately and I could see Davis overwhelming him with athleticism and size. I could also easily see a crushing KO for Rashad, but thats why it's called going out on a limb...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to see Bisping beat tomorrow night, but I think he'll pull out the win and talks massive amounts of **** after it. I could see how Mayhem could win it if he gets a chance to work his grappling, but I think Bisping will try to move in and out of range to keep from getting taken down.

Dodson and Dilishaw should be a good one. Both guys are good at grappling and striking, but I think Dodson takes it because he has better striking. He's pretty damn good at tagging guys before they know what hit them. T.J. is a lot better than I thought though. He's got some nice power from what I've seen, and he's a good wrestler that can possibly tire out Dodson a bit.

Diego has holes for days, but he's got some nice power. I think his cardio and reckless striking is going to be a problem before you know it, but I doubt Bermudez is the guy to beat him. Bermudez didn't really show good enough striking, and his takedowns aren't all that either. He's got a nice chin, but it sticks in the air too much. I think he's going to get brutally knocked out.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
only person who can match him physically is Jones though
Why do people think Davis is so athletic? IMO unlike Bones, Davis does not impress me as an athlete. Yeah he's built like TO and looks uber athletic but i dont see it. His takedowns are not explosive and his standup is slow and clunky. Against lil Nog and Gustaffson he didn't look any more athletic than them. IMO looks can be deceiving but maybe thats just me. IMO Rashad will tear Davis apart. Rashad for the most part will stuff the takedowns and just has superior boxing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Why do people think Davis is so athletic? IMO unlike Bones, Davis does not impress me as an athlete. Yeah he's built like TO and looks uber athletic but i dont see it. His takedowns are not explosive and his standup is slow and clunky. Against lil Nog and Gustaffson he didn't look any more athletic than them. IMO looks can be deceiving but maybe thats just me. IMO Rashad will tear Davis apart. Rashad for the most part will stuff the takedowns and just has superior boxing.
Because you don't dominate the NCAA D1 wrestling ranks unless you are a freak athlete. Just look at the guy, he's built like a freak, long arms, broad shoulders, very strong base on the ground. He's got an explosive first step,and his scrambles and sweeps on the ground are fast as ****. He's clearly an elite level athlete.

I really think you are mistaken "slow and clunkiness" with hesitance against Nog because Nog has really clean boxing, and he's an elite level BJJ guy on the ground, so not only did he have to worry about getting caught going for a takedown, he also had to worry about gettin subbed once on the ground. Also, it was pretty apparent Davis was going to come out and try and take Nog down, so let's give Rogerio a little credit in the preparation and takedown defense departments, the guy is a high level fighter. Not to mention the Nogueria fight was not only a big step up in competition from Tim Boetsch, but he stepped in on short notice, and still UD'ed a top 10 205 fighter in his 8th pro fight.

and He beat Gustaffson in one round with a sick finish, so I'm not sure what wasn't impressive about that?

and to whoever said he's a one trick pony must not of seen the beautiful anaconda choke he pulled out on Gustaffson, the dude is dangerous as **** on the ground and it's pretty impressive seeing as he's got pretty limited BJJ experience.

The dude really needs to tighten up his striking but other than that, I don't see what more you'd expect out of a guy who's only been training since 08, is already in the UFC, and is one fight away from a title shot. Is he Jon Jones? NO! Is he a fair opponent for, and one of the only guys who can match Jones physically in the UFC? YES!

Last edited by ccB : 12-03-2011 at 05:43 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it with Davis either. That striking is going to get him killed against Jones and I can't really say how Rashad will look, guy's been stitched back together way too many times. But if his takedowns can be stuffed he's in real trouble. Guys like Jones, Lyoto, and old Rashad woud give him fits imo.

Should be a good fight though, will be interesting to see how much he's improved. I'll be rooting for him vs Rashad.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

These fights have been awesome. Bermudez-Brandao might be the best 1-round fight I've ever seen.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bisping completely destroyed and picked Mayhem apart.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Boooo what a *****....gtdamn it Mayhem...Bisping is such a douche.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone, somewhere, has a sad right about now.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I wanted to parlay Brandao & Dodson but I didn't :(

Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I wanted to parlay Brandao & Dodson but I didn't :(
Dodson was an easy bet, but Bermudez-Brandao was way too close on paper to bet on.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya thats why i wanted to parlay it with something

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where do you guys bet?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post

Someone, somewhere, has a sad right about now.
Sherdog? (10)
Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
ya thats why i wanted to parlay it with something
Bedford was also a safe bet. As was Tony Fernandez because you know they wouldn't let a TUF fighter lose at a TUF event.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Sherdog? (10)
Of course.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

LMAO @ the guy who lost $7,000 on Mayhem.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruz/Faber confirmed for TUF 15 as coaches. Should be a good one.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote