Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Ive been playing on Advanced and I definitely am finding it challenging but not impossible. I feel like it is perfectly reasonable setting where I can still have success but also be challenged. Once I get a bit better at figuring out how to block transitions and develop more nuanced striking I'm gonna try out online play to see if I'm even average, which I strongly doubt.

For Jaycheatman, definitely bump down a level. Advanced is a significant leg up from experienced, especially on the ground. I found myself doing whatever I wanted on the ground on experienced but I am getting blocked and reversed much more now that I moved up. The big thing with the ground game seems to be using both sticks in tandem, the one for posture and the other for transitions and blocks. You cant focus too much on one or the other or else you will get hugged or put back in guard/pushed off.
I will try that when I create another fighter. I don't think you can go back and change the difficulty in career mode can you? I will try using both sticks and see what happens. My problem is that the second I try to block a transition or grab on to the fighter while I am on my back is when he just punches me in the face until I go back to covering up. Then I am stuck doing that and lose the round. My other problem is if I get a reversal for a submission, he will get out of it and then push me right back on my back and do it all over again. I don't mind that he gets out of it since I don't have great position, but it would be nice to have a chance to get a dominant position for once rather than him just jumping right back on top.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I will try that when I create another fighter. I don't think you can go back and change the difficulty in career mode can you? I will try using both sticks and see what happens. My problem is that the second I try to block a transition or grab on to the fighter while I am on my back is when he just punches me in the face until I go back to covering up. Then I am stuck doing that and lose the round. My other problem is if I get a reversal for a submission, he will get out of it and then push me right back on my back and do it all over again. I don't mind that he gets out of it since I don't have great position, but it would be nice to have a chance to get a dominant position for once rather than him just jumping right back on top.
this isn't meant to be bragging or an insult, but it kinda hard for me to be more specific on how I deal with the ground game because, for whatever reason, I have a very easy time getting to mount pretty much whenever I want to when its against someone to isnt insanely stronger or a significantly better grappler. I honestly have much more trouble on the feet. I think you should try to not go for submissions as much so you have less of a chance of being put in a bad position. Only go for them when you are in a dominant position or your oponent is really tired/stunned/damaged. Focus on posturing up and maintaining position with both sticks and ground and pound only when you are postured up. I know this has a negative connotation, but be more safe with positioning like Jon Fitch rather than crazy aggressive, constant punching like Chael Sonnen. Like in life, more aggressiveness can provide more openings for counters.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******** judging happened again. I was sonnen vs Leben. The fight was a hard fought battle with him getting the best on the feet even though I landed some good shots and me smashing him up on the ground with him having only very limited moments.

Stats-Comp First-Then Mine

Punches landed- 52-52 (both out of 92)
Kick Knees landed- 8-7
Takedowns gained--1-9
Transitions Performed-36-63
Dominant Positions-24-34

I got knocked down 3 times, he got rocked 1 and I attempted 2 subs.

As for damage
Comp first, then me
Head-78-74
Body-20-3
Arms (total)-22-4
Legs- nonexistent for both.

The weirdest part is that in this fight as well as my other robbery, my fighter celebrated and then lost a unanimous decision.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
******** judging happened again. I was sonnen vs Leben. The fight was a hard fought battle with him getting the best on the feet even though I landed some good shots and me smashing him up on the ground with him having only very limited moments.

Stats-Comp First-Then Mine

Punches landed- 52-52 (both out of 92)
Kick Knees landed- 8-7
Takedowns gained--1-9
Transitions Performed-36-63
Dominant Positions-24-34

I got knocked down 3 times, he got rocked 1 and I attempted 2 subs.

As for damage
Comp first, then me
Head-78-74
Body-20-3
Arms (total)-22-4
Legs- nonexistent for both.

The weirdest part is that in this fight as well as my other robbery, my fighter celebrated and then lost a unanimous decision.
That's just random. Like when the other team makes a first down in madden and my bench is cheering.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously **** this game. Doing title defense mode I need to do 25 in a row get to 24 then wandy 1 punch kos me the first 5 seconds on the 25th fight?

No exaggeration one punch ko first 5 seconds.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this isn't meant to be bragging or an insult, but it kinda hard for me to be more specific on how I deal with the ground game because, for whatever reason, I have a very easy time getting to mount pretty much whenever I want to when its against someone to isnt insanely stronger or a significantly better grappler. I honestly have much more trouble on the feet. I think you should try to not go for submissions as much so you have less of a chance of being put in a bad position. Only go for them when you are in a dominant position or your oponent is really tired/stunned/damaged. Focus on posturing up and maintaining position with both sticks and ground and pound only when you are postured up. I know this has a negative connotation, but be more safe with positioning like Jon Fitch rather than crazy aggressive, constant punching like Chael Sonnen. Like in life, more aggressiveness can provide more openings for counters.
My problem is mostly getting position because I always get blocked in my transitions. That leaves me to cover up or go for an arm bar while on the bottom. Every time I try to get better position he punches me in the face when I stop covering up. A couple of times of that and he KO's me.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Using both joysticks helped a lot to avoid getting uppercut while in the clinch. I was able to get out of it pretty quickly.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rampage better come out to Pride theme tonight. Otherwise, giant disappoint.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

That was a sick triangle to arm bar switch.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Showtime! Lauzon got rocked by that head kick.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Bader looked a million times better than ever tonight. His cardio looked better than ever, he mixed striking and takedowns and looks like he might have found better trainers. I dont think hell ever be good enough for Jones, but he definitley looks tons better.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bader looked a million times better than ever tonight. His cardio looked better than ever, he mixed striking and takedowns and looks like he might have found better trainers. I dont think hell ever be good enough for Jones, but he definitley looks tons better.
Helps that Rampage only showed up to go to Japan and get himself paiiiiid.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Helps that Rampage only showed up to go to Japan and get himself paiiiiid.
Half of which was taken away for missing weight.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the lightweight division. So many great matches, and there are so many different people who could realistically be contenders. Bendo has been on a great tear, so he's definitely making a great name for himself now. I thought that fight was really close that it could go either way, but I think Bendo rightfully won the fight. He and Edgar were the lightweights with the best streaks, and they really showed it. It really sucks donkey balls that Gil Melendez is trapped in Strikeforce.

I don't want Edgar to drop to 155. He could win a few fights and come back and win the belt again. It's not like it would be crazy to see him do so.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly thought Henderson won the fight, I can't believe Dana White said he thought Edgar won.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boetsch makes me want to lift weights again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Ben vs Frankie and idk...I think Ben took that pretty clearly.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Now that it's over we get Evans vs Jones

Jones gonna whoop dat ass.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

UFC on FX starting right now.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I heard this right, is this dudes nickname Uncle Creepy?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Love me some "Uncle Creepy" stache

Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks that he is fighting mighty mouse or I'd root for him

Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

This is a tough fight to score.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Wow that fight should have been stopped. Mighty mouse didn't improve his position the last 30 seconds just got pounded.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'll go Uncle Creepy 29-27