Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JDS is going to simply walk through Mir

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Mir is toast.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My coworker told me Mir was replacing Reem and I said the same thing...Mir is gonna get ****** up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mir will prepare for this the same way he did for the first Lesnar fight.
Turtle and take punches to the back of the head and hope the ref makes a bad decision to stand the fight up so he can pray for a submission.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Mir will prepare for this the same way he did for the first Lesnar fight.
Turtle and take punches to the back of the head and hope the ref makes a bad decision to stand the fight up so he can pray for a submission.
Most likely JDS lands shots on Mir until he catches him with a big uppercut or hook and Mir will collapse. But there is no reason Mir can't land a big shot and grab a submission. Mir has ways to win, they just aren't extremely likely. He has shown finishing ability on the feet and the ground so he basically has a punchers and grapplers chance.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always felt Mir's sub game was overrated and JDS trains with the best submission fighters in the world

Old 04-21-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I've always felt Mir's sub game was overrated and JDS trains with the best submission fighters in the world
His combination of strength is technique is pretty dangerous. He has submitted some tough guys and trains with top guys himself. I just feel like people disrespect Mir alot because hes a cocky douchebag with a weak chin.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Besides 35 year old Big Nog he hasn't ever subbed anyone decent

Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Besides 35 year old Big Nog he hasn't ever subbed anyone decent
Isn't 35 year old Big Nog what you referred to as training with the best for JDS? Mir also submitted Travern years ago who is a hell of a grappler. Not many guys in the heavyweight division are exactly big time grapplers. Mir submitted who was put in front of him. He trains with Drysdale and Ricky Lundell and other top guys just like JDS. Mir is a really really good BJJ player.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

as a training partner not as competition :/

Mir has no chance just get used to it

Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 Mayday and Rory Mac.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub got ****** up haha I was like wtf just happened lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if ya gotta link pm me

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

just go to firstrowsports not the best links but they always have one

Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
as a training partner not as competition :/

Mir has no chance just get used to it
I dont actually care and while I like Mir I also like JDS so I really don't care so much who wins. Im just arguing that he isn't as bad as many people think he is. He has a very small chane against JDS because he has no chin, JDS is quicker, his stand up is much better, his takedown defense is really good, and he probably has a good enough ground game to survive. However, Mir has the chance to win because he is a finisher on the feet and the ground. As I said, he has a punchers or grapplers chance.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashad didn't do Shiz, afraid to get finished, humbled by those early elbows, quite the snoozer. Shad just kind of quit after the middle of the third round. I love how guys like Rampage and Rashad make excuses and act like Jones isn't that good, then try to fliping do something then. At least Hendo who's next and Gustaffson will try to finish the fight even if they risk getting taken down and finished.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones should move to heavy weight no one in his class is touching him.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Henderson always has a chance vs anyone and I would like to see him fight Gustafsson sometime next year so he's not entirely done with the LHW division yet like Silva and GSP are with theirs

Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Jones should move to heavy weight no one in his class is touching him.
He doesn't have the power for heavyweight and would be severely out-sized in that division. He's going to stay at 205 just like GSP and Anderson Silva because that's the smart thing to do. And it's not like there's a shortage of 205 contenders coming through for him to fight.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Why the hell should Jones move up? Hendo is a very interesting fight to me. Also, Silva vs. Jones>>>>>Jones vs. JDS. If anyone should move up it is Anderson to fight Jones.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones would muller Gustaffson PDQ

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

just realized Jones still has a 8" reach advantage on Gustafsson even though he is 6'5 :/

Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rory McDonald is a really likeable fighter.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just realized Jones still has a 8" reach advantage on Gustafsson even though he is 6'5 :/
Yeah, that combined with Gustaffson being relatively easy to hit (Thiago caught him with those predictable haymakers) makes me think Jones just toys with him standing. I want to see the Machida rematch, that first round Machida took and he looked good.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Rory McDonald is a really likeable fighter.
He and Mayday are my 2 favorite prospects.