Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is easily one of the best champions in sports.
From everything I read and see, he is a legitimately humble down to earth guy who just so happens to be insanely natural at delivering ass whoopings.
It comes natural to him but he seems so soft spoken and reserved at times.
Genuinely easy guy to root for and just like.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Shad clearly won round 1
2) Expect most of Jones fights to go to decision now. He could have easily finished Shad but chose not to.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yessssssssssss

Quote:
ATLANTA – As expected Dan Henderson (29-8 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is getting the next shot at UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones' title.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the plans after Saturday's UFC 145 event, where Jones (16-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) scored a decision victory over Rashad Evans (17-2-1 MMA, 12-2-1 UFC) for his third consecutive title defense.

"We told Dan Henderson he would fight the winner of this fight, yes," White said.

No date has been determined for the upcoming Jones vs. Henderson title fight.

Henderson was in Atlanta for UFC 145, which aired on pay-per-view from the city's Phillips Arena. On Friday on the eve of the event, Henderson told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he'd rather fight Jones than Evans.

"I think I match up better with Jones," Henderson said. "Jones will stand up with me a little bit. He doesn't take as many shots from the outside that Rashad does. Rashad will be trying to put me on my back a little bit. Rashad would stand with me as well, but he doesn't forget that he's a wrestler."

Jones is excited for the matchup, even though he expects more haters to rally against him.

"I feel great that I already have a mission, and I'm going to work to better myself," Jones said. "Dan Henderson is a great opponent. He's a winner, and he has a huge fan base. ... He has extreme knockout power, and I'm excited to conquer."

Henderson is on a 7-1 run that includes fights at middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight. The heavyweight win came over Fedor Emelianenko under the Strikeforce banner. Henderson scored a knockout win against the Russian then signed with the UFC and topped light heavyweight Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a "Fight of the Year" performance at UFC 139.

Henderson said winning a UFC title is the one career milestone that's eluded him in an illustrious career.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/28371/foll...-jon-jones.mma
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
2) Expect most of Jones fights to go to decision now. He could have easily finished Shad but chose not to.
1) No. Rashad landed one shot in the first round. I had it 50-45.
2) He was trying to finish Rashad, but he couldn't do it without putting himself in a really bad spot. He wasn't comfortable attempting a take down and he was winning the fight by a lot. It's not like Rashad is some training dummy, it's not like he was hurt at all save for maybe one or two times, and Rashad still had a decent amount of gas in his tank by the end of the fight.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure what the UFC has lined up card wise but Jones practically took no damage so that fight could happen rather quickly

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henderson can definitely beat Jones, very much looking forward to that fight
Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
1) No
and
2) No

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Rashad clearly won rd 1 but I did give it to him.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love jon jones but i gotta roll with the dan the man

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know the way the fight was fought last night had to do with strategy but damn i wanted to see a brawl considering all the trash talk these two shared.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He and Mayday are my 2 favorite prospects.
Rory is so young and so sound already. I can't wait to see what heights he can reach.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Jones is easily one of the best champions in sports.
From everything I read and see, he is a legitimately humble down to earth guy who just so happens to be insanely natural at delivering ass whoopings.
It comes natural to him but he seems so soft spoken and reserved at times.
Genuinely easy guy to root for and just like.
its usually the quiet ones you gotta look out for. push a button and they wreck shop

Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
love jon jones but i gotta roll with the dan the man
Hendo is my favorite active fighter since chuck retired
Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

yeah hes definitely one of my favorites. old school. show up, brawl and leave.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
yeah hes definitely one of my favorites. old school. show up, brawl and leave.
He won't e afraid to get in close because he's never been knocked out. It's not in his mind. He'll clinch and get a takedown.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Jones controlling Hendo for most of this fight to be honest.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

yeah dudes got a chin on him for sure. one of my favorite fights was between him and rampage. rampage tried with all his might to ko hendo and even thought he lost, it still showed how tough his chin is

Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
FSPH
Rookie

FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones fought smart. I felt like he could of finished Evans a couple times but didn't for whatever reason. Evens should have went for way more take downs in the middle of thier flurries.

I think Jones should take this fight to the ground early and not risk getting knocked out by a wild punch. He can make Hendo gas out by trying to get off his back and finish him in a later round. I can't wait to see this one.

I guess I can stop getting excited everytime a Torres fight is happening. He keeps dissapointing me. He was so much better in WEC.

lol @ Ben Rothwell basically letting Shaub punch him in the face just to knock him out when he was close enough. Shaub is to wreckless.
FSPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSPH View Post
Jones fought smart. I felt like he could of finished Evans a couple times but didn't for whatever reason.
1 word: Respect.

Evans knew he would be wasting his time working for takedowns. They've been training partners in the past, and that had a heavy impact on the outcome of this fight. Jon Jones has never been taken down in any fight...ever.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Jones/Hendo, I really don't see a threat for Jonny Jones. He's going to stand and strike, and utilize his substantial (13") reach advantage.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones couldn't finish Rashad. He was trying, but he's just not a good striker nor is he even close to as fast as Rashad. Every time Jones got close enough to throw power, Evans was countering with more power.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Jones couldn't finish Rashad. He was trying, but he's just not a good striker nor is he even close to as fast as Rashad. Every time Jones got close enough to throw power, Evans was countering with more power.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Jones doesn't have closing power? Have you ever watched an MMA fight? Jones is a threat to put opponents out with either hand or his feet. You make it sound like Evans got screwed out of a decision, he dominated this fight.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henderson just can't fight like Rashad did, moving in and out and trying to outquick Bones. It's just not possible with his reach+athleticism combo. Hendo just needs to come out guns blazing and try to smother Jones. It may not work out, but it's definitely a better (and more entertaining for the fans) way to attack Jones rather than get cut up for 5 rounds
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Henderson just can't fight like Rashad did, moving in and out and trying to outquick Bones. It's just not possible with his reach+athleticism combo. Hendo just needs to come out guns blazing and try to smother Jones. It may not work out, but it's definitely a better (and more entertaining for the fans) way to attack Jones rather than get cut up for 5 rounds
He can't fight like Rashad did? So what? He doesn't want to fight like Rashas did. Hendo wants to get up close and smash him in the face in the clinch and wing overhand rights while coming forward. Do I think Hendo will win? No, but he has a shot because he is an epic human being who can knock out anyone or anything.

I know it seems like being in the clinch with Jones is a recipe for disaster and Hendo's TDD sucks, but who knows if Hendo can't land one of those short uppercuts from the clinch that destroys faces.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote