Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
If anything, he's playing right into Sonnen's hands. As a huge Silva fan, I absolutely shuddered at this clip+the other things Silva has been saying. I would not be surprised at all if Sonnen wins.

That said, I hope Silva knocks his teeth out.
your point makes complete sense but i think silva will stay dangerous and composed. yeah, he's showing some attitude of his own but i doubt he'll be reckless in the octagon. should be good either way!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Wow. That is awesome. Need to favorite bloodyelbow again immediately. I forgot about it altogether after a hardrive wipe. I really do think that Chael should be the favorite, though not by much. Im surprised how few people are picking him.
Only reason I found this article is because Joe Rogan re-tweeted a link of it the other day. I read the article, immediately re-posted it on Twitter/Facebook, and went and read all of his other articles. That guy can ************* write about MMA.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
your point makes complete sense but i think silva will stay dangerous and composed. yeah, he's showing some attitude of his own but i doubt he'll be reckless in the octagon. should be good either way!
Maybe he can. His jimmies are rustled at an incredibly high level.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Maybe he can. His jimmies are rustled at an incredibly high level.
have you heard the stuff sonnen's said about brazil and brazilians? my jimmies would be remarkably rustled.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This **** just cracked me up, good stuff.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
This **** just cracked me up, good stuff.
him "choking up" in the beginning. gold.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I just dont understand the overall opinion about this fight. What has changed in this fight that wont make it largely a matter of Anderson's takedown defense? How is Anderson now going to be able to stuff Chael's takedowns for five rounds? In listening to what Vinny Magahales has been saying about how he has helped Chael in the grappling department, it seems like he helped chael in some really fundamental ways as far as grappling is concerned. Then again, it has been a consistent problem for him over his whole career. Basically I get a pick for Anderson by submission, not by knockout. I cant imagine silva staying off his back.
Vinny was brought in to work on top position defense.

The difference is that Anderson wasn't even defending the take downs, for one. He was doing what Mousasi did against King Mo and expected Chael to gas himself.

He wasn't fighting anywhere close to the way he normally does. He's focused and won't make the same mistakes (which mostly involved underestimating Chael's gas tank).

And Anderson wasn't very aggressive in the first fight. I think he goes out there and ends this one pretty quick.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
him "choking up" in the beginning. gold.
That made it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Vinny was brought in to work on top position defense.

The difference is that Anderson wasn't even defending the take downs, for one. He was doing what Mousasi did against King Mo and expected Chael to gas himself.

He wasn't fighting anywhere close to the way he normally does. He's focused and won't make the same mistakes (which mostly involved underestimating Chael's gas tank).

And Anderson wasn't very aggressive in the first fight. I think he goes out there and ends this one pretty quick.
Anderson is never really aggressive, he is always a counter striker who tries to lure his opponent into coming after him. I just don't see how Anderson can stay off his back against Chael. Some point to the rib injury or Anderson being able to see what Bisping did against Chael, but Anderson's TDD is nowhere near Bispings and I really don't know how much his rib injury mattered in terms of being able to stop a double leg.

I really think the way Chael can lose will be him finding a way not to win like he has throughout his atheltic career. He always seems to put himself in a position to not succeed even after showing off his skills and athleticism.

The thing about this fight is that if Chael makes a minor adjustment (GNP in half guard instead) he can win the fight. If he worked on passing to dominant positions instead of just recklessly punching he would have not been in a position to get submitted. I just think the adjustment Chael needs to make from the first fight to this one is so much smaller than the ones anderson needs to make.

Even if the rib injury was crazy, Anderson is not gonna be able to keep Chael off of him for five rounds. Chael just bulldozes his way forward and grabs guys, something that goes right against Anderson's movement that tries to maintain distance. Anderson's TDD is average but the reason he has largely avoided takedowns is because of his spacing, something that I don't see him doing against chael. That bloodyelbow article that was referred to earlier does a better job explaining this than i ever will. That thing is amazing.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sonnen might just be the best showman the UFC has ever had. He sells fights like no ones business.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sonnen might just be the best showman the UFC has ever had. He sells fights like no ones business.
I find his 'selling' of fights unbearable at times. I think he sounds stupid the vast majority of the time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I find his 'selling' of fights unbearable at times. I think he sounds stupid the vast majority of the time.
Of course you do....
Are you gonna watch him fight?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course you do....
Why would I not watch the fight?

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silva is going to win easily as long Sonnen as long as Sonnen doesn't have the Testosterone level of 50 men again.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Silva is going to win easily as long Sonnen as long as Sonnen doesn't have the Testosterone level of 50 men again.
A well reasoned and articulated point.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why would I not watch the fight?
Well...he did his job. Love him or hate him, he sells fights

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course you do....
I don't listen to Sonnen he's far too annoying and it just sounds so forced and faked. If he were fighting Rich Franklin there is nothing he could say to make me buy that fight. And if he were fighting Michael Bisping it would be Bisping and his pre fight banter that would make me purchase the fight.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well...he did his job. Love him or hate him, he sells fights
I haven't missed a UFC card in like 3 years. I don't watch because a fighter 'sells' the fight, I watch because I love MMA. I also have never paid for a UFC card, except the first card in Australia which I attended in person.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Sonnen, but the fact is that a lot of casual, American fans are going to buy this fight because of his sell job.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

planning on going to a hooters with some buds to watch the fight. everywhere that shows it charges a cover right?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
planning on going to a hooters with some buds to watch the fight. everywhere that shows it charges a cover right?
Not by me. There are quite a few bars I know of that have no cover. Then again, pitchers will probably run me close to $20, so you probably win.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bar I usually go to has no cover but Im also never sober for the main event

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't decided Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I choose not to be around "MMA fans". One of the worst genres of human in the world.

My friend is picking it up, so I might pop over. Otherwise, I'll catch it the next day like I usually do.

I do think it's funny how many people think Chael is going to be able to do anything similar to what went on in the first fight.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have promised myself to never watch a fight in public that includes Anderson Silva or Brock Lesnar, the type of people who go to bars during those fights and the conversations are unbearable. Nothing worse than hearing people talk about how they heard Brock Lesnar did an armbar to a bear.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote