Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill agree its like a ppv card, just without a main event. I really like a lot of the fights on fuel actually. I just watched the first fight which was a quick knockout and now gamburyan against omigawa which i just like the idea of for potentially cool grappling. Phil Davis on Prelims too.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this has been fantastic thus far. Looks like yet another FOTN for Lauzon.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rogan is all on Vera's nuts its kinda annoying, gets all excited for things that aren't landing

2-0 Shogun

3-0

Last edited by fenikz : 08-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GUERRE SHOGUN

I really wish he was more dedicated during training though, only time he has actually been in shape in the UFC was for Machida I & II

Old 08-04-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
GUERRE SHOGUN

I really wish he was more dedicated during training though, only time he has actually been in shape in the UFC was for Machida I & II
Yup. He was gassing hard there. I still love him though.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shogun can't hang with Bones at all, his cardio is awful now and he won't wrestle Bones. Props to Vera though, he's been such an underachiever his whole career, at least he showed heart tonight.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

main event fizzled at the end.
Vera showed more than I expected. Both gassed but Shogun was just better at everything.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every fight was great! I think you have to give the winner of Jones/Hendo to Machida though.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Was already announced that it will be Machida, ever though Shogun is 2-0 vs him

Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was already announced that it will be Machida, ever though Shogun is 2-0 vs him
But as you stated before, it seems like the only time he is conditioned is when he fights Machida, so maybe the UFC is just hedging their bets that he wont be in shape again...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-05-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great card last night. Varner/Lauzon was a hell of a tilt. Swick/Johnson was very good, too.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So JDS is calling for Overeem instead of Cain. Met with Dana personally to address it...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lauzon has 11 bonuses for his fights in the UFC. Dude's straight exciting!

I would rather see JDS vs. Overeem than a rematch with Cain, but Overeem isn't off suspension until next year, and even then he shouldn't walk right into a title shot until he earns one again. I know JDS wants to beat the hell out of him for taking to roids, but at the same time I feel that he should show that he's clean for a couple of fights before being booked for another title shot. My $0.02.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

UFC 150 tonight my boy Melvin Guillard going to destroy Cowboy Ceronne.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

and then dana will cut his ass for missing weight

Old 08-11-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually heard that Dana says its all good because it was on short notice and Guillard did them a favor. He was oddly reasonable.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
First

Quote:
"I'm sitting here, today, getting ready to fight my best friend because maybe thee or four other guys didn't take the fight," Guillard said. "This fight has been planned long before my last fight on July 7. They already had these fights already matched up. So for me to be fighting a month later, that means some guys didn't step up to the plate and do their job."
"When I was offered this fight, the first thing I thought was, 'I guess there must have been some other people who said no to this fight,'" Guillard said. "Quite frankly, I was right about that. There was about three people who turned it down.
"For the media and the UFC to know how the division is so stacked, why aren't more guys stepping up? That's my question."
Second

Quote:
I just spoke to Melvin Guillard (@young__assasin). He said that at around noon his body stopped sweating once he reached 159 pounds. He immediately called Cerrone to tell him he would not be making weight, and he said Cerrone was cool with it. (In our interview for FUEL, Cerrone did seem cool with it.) He then called the UFC. He was told that since he took this fight on short notice he will still be eligible to win a bonus tomorrow night. Typically if you miss weight the UFC won't give you a Fight, Sub or KO of the Night bonus. Finally, he had to give the commission 10% of his purse and Cerrone another 10%. So 20% in total. Final weight: 157.5. Lightweight limit: 156.
And that's that.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Well Cerrone is the nicest fighter I've ever personally met(along with Ben Henderson) so I don't think he would ever come out and say it

Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Well Cerrone is the nicest fighter I've ever personally met(along with Ben Henderson) so I don't think he would ever come out and say it
He's best friends with Guillard he won't be pissed at his friend.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Hammond has made a fan of me. Ballsy dude. Fought on one leg.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Anyone know what sopcast channel it's on?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Apparently he didn't train at Jackson's for the fight out of respect for Guillard because Guillard had trained with greg in the past. I don't think he had to do it, but it's a really honorable, respectful thing to do.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Well ****.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Cerrone ftmfw

LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Bert but your boy just got whooped.